Desperately seeking "Circus of Heaven" 2CD

Desperately seeking "Circus of Heaven" 2CD

Postby leefarber » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:19 pm

Hello all,

I apologize if this is inappropriate for this forum, but I am a collector and have been searching high and low for an original 2CD set called "Circus of Heaven" on the Dynamite Studios label. Please, if you have an original silver pressed copy with original artwork that you'd be willing to sell, allow me to make an offer.

Once again, I apologize if this is the wrong place for such a request.

Thanks!

Lee
leefarber

Postby N2yes » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:47 am

It is the wrong forum, but hey, no worries. Welcome to YEStalk! Since you're a new member, it is my privilidge to honor your arrival with a bit of front page ( so to speak ) classified action for another day or so. It will hopefully give you a grand opportunity to meet some of the vets and fellow newbies here.
So you know, I will move it to the appropriate forum sometime Friday. Until then, explore and greet. It's a mighty fine site...none better, actually, in the world of YES.
"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"
N2yes

Starship Trooper

Postby sound_chaser » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:51 am

Hi Lee, welcome to YEStalk. I'm afraid I don't know the disc you talk of, but I imagine it's from the Tormato tour? There are good boots available of that tour and the best one I heard, was a BBC two hour recording. Somebody here may know about what you are seeking though.
sound_chaser

Postby Ash » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:13 pm

Hi all,
I have a recording of that (copy), it's the Quebec show, taken from an FM broadcast. Terrific sound, with Steve really to the fore and burning!
Keyboards are a bit lost in the mix, and the crowd is all but inaudible, but apart from that, it's a beaut!
Good hunting......

All best wishes,
ash
War Music, Peace Music, Love Music,
We move to it all..........
Ash

Postby leefarber » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:16 pm

Hi Guys!

Thanks for all the responses. It is indeed form the Tormato tour, but it may be even better than an FM broadcast. There is talk that it is from a leaked stereo mixdown of a multi-track recording the band had made of the Quebec show (I think they were recording the whole tour).

Anyway, copies of this title are frequent in trading circles, but I've been a longtime collector of "import" Cds, and would love to find an original. If you guys could keep your eyes peeled, I'd really appreciate it!

All the best,

Lee
leefarber

Postby Ash » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:05 am

Lee,
I checked last night, it is indeed a soundboard recording!

Ash
War Music, Peace Music, Love Music,
We move to it all..........
Ash

Postby Thoughtbecontact » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:55 am

I've never heard of an "official" recording of that, i.e., I believe it may be considered a famous bootleg, and that's it. Some of the more famous ones, in previous years circulated with artwork, and that may be what you are thinking.

From the Tormato tour, that Quebec show and "Chicago of Heaven" from June 1979, two months later into the tour, are really the stars. My personal favorite is the latter, but then again, I was there. :D
AWAKEN/GENTLE/MASS/TOUCH
Thoughtbecontact

Veteran Member

Postby leefarber » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:16 pm

Yes, it definitely exists only as a bootleg. I've had a CD-R copy of it for so long, but as an avid collector of original, silver CDs, it would mean so much to me to find the original silver pressing.

Once again, I really appreciate all the responses. This is a really great forum, and even if I don't find "Circus of Heaven", I'm glad I found this place!
leefarber

Return to YEStrades