looking to start my collection for future trading

looking to start my collection for future trading

Postby ThisName » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:00 pm

Hi all, this may in fact be cheeky so I apologies in advance. I am looking for live concerts of Yes, good quality ones, to start my collection as I have no live concerts that are unreleased. I have no idea where to obtain them and would love to have something to trade with at some point. If there is anybody here who has live shows that they would be willing to give, or share with me then that would be great. I have absolutely no interest in selling stuff on for profit, only to enjoy and trade. As I have nothing to trade, there may not be anyone willing to do this but I thought I would at least ask. mp3 files would be the ideal means for me.

To give an idea of the stuff I am looking for:

tfto live shows, the best quality possible.
live shows from the symphonic tour
shows which feature the tormato album
shows with good versions of Awaken

Generally shows with the earlier material and any raritites is always welcome.....well I shall awit your reponses.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Ryan
ThisName

Postby Thoughtbecontact » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:51 am

ThisName wrote:Hi all, this may in fact be cheeky so I apologies in advance. I am looking for live concerts of Yes, good quality ones, to start my collection as I have no live concerts that are unreleased. I have no idea where to obtain them and would love to have something to trade with at some point. If there is anybody here who has live shows that they would be willing to give, or share with me then that would be great. I have absolutely no interest in selling stuff on for profit, only to enjoy and trade. As I have nothing to trade, there may not be anyone willing to do this but I thought I would at least ask. mp3 files would be the ideal means for me.

To give an idea of the stuff I am looking for:

tfto live shows, the best quality possible.
live shows from the symphonic tour
shows which feature the tormato album
shows with good versions of Awaken

Generally shows with the earlier material and any raritites is always welcome.....well I shall awit your reponses.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Ryan

The Tormato tour is one of the best documented as far as the unreleased live material goes. The absolute BEST live show, IMHO is Chicago of Heaven, 6/9/79. Cleveland, 9/78 is also very good. The Chicago show also has one of the very best Awaken performances on record. The quality of the performances in the Symphonic shows is spotty. Be careful. I would recommend the Chicago show from 2001 as well as the Milwaukee show. Good quality Tales shows are difficult to come by. The technology wasn't there. The best known ones are the MSG show, 2/74 and the Detroit show from later that month. The Detroit show has a bit better sound quality.

Now as far as getting these shows, either you have to be part of a boot chain, as they have here on Yestalk, or you can go to Dime A Dozen and try to obtain membership (this is a download site), or you can either try to grab a reweed at Yesfans or Allgoodpeople. I'm a moderator at the last site, and we also promote one-to-one trades, so if you have live shows of other bands you may be able to arrange a trade. We have people who have posted their trade lists. We also have people who offer live shows to people who agree to burn copies and reweed them. Here's the address of my site: http://www.allgoodpeople.net

Have fun with this, you can really get hooked on live shows.
AWAKEN/GENTLE/MASS/TOUCH
Thoughtbecontact

Veteran Member

Return to YEStrades