[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YEStalk Discussion Forums • View topic - To Be Over

To Be Over

To Be Over

Postby jackaranda » Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:07 pm

~ So if you choose to realize
All existence is a dream
This perfect resume to you from me ~

Jack [}:)]
jackaranda

Veteran Member

Postby Whitefish » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:46 am

"To Be Over" is one of the greatest songs ever written in history!
Whitefish

Postby Roan's Lady » Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:14 pm

"To Be Over" is one of the few Yes songs that keeps getting better each time I listen to it - as opposed to achieving a level of "greatness" relatively early on, then leveling off. It's a richly-textured gem of a tune, with gentle, yet powerful, affirming lyrics. One of Yes' greatest.
Roan's Lady

Postby jackaranda » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:53 pm

All existence is a dream

jackaranda

Veteran Member

Postby Conall » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:08 am

Conall

Postby guilddigger » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:52 am

i too love this song dearly and it may well be my absolute favourite yes song. every time i listen to it something new appears in the music that amazes me.
lyrically it sums up jon's love message best, saying everybody's life has a meaning and there is a place for everyone:
"don't doubt your part be ready to be loved"!
"heaven is all around translated to sound" - michael hedges
guilddigger

Starship Trooper

Postby Gary M. Thomas » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:24 am

"To Be Over" is a beautiful piece of music ... one of my all time YES favorites. :)
[font=Book Antiqua][color=blue][/color][/font]
Gary M. Thomas

Veteran Member

Postby jackaranda » Mon May 01, 2006 5:00 pm

All existence is a dream

jackaranda

Veteran Member

Postby Thoughtbecontact » Mon May 01, 2006 10:03 pm

AWAKEN/GENTLE/MASS/TOUCH
Thoughtbecontact

Veteran Member

Postby gingerbaker » Mon May 29, 2006 4:31 pm

gingerbaker

Postby fragilesi » Mon May 29, 2006 5:52 pm

To me it is still very much the third song off of Relayer. It could be partly because Sound Chaser was the first Yessong I ever heard - I bought the album within hours of hearing the first three minutes of it!

Still, it's a fabulous song and definitely right up there in the top . . . well somewhere in the top list. I can never work out what my real favourites are!
fragilesi

Starship Trooper

Postby jackaranda » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:25 pm

All existence is a dream

jackaranda

Veteran Member

Postby Roan's Lady » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:03 pm

Roan's Lady

Postby IngnoZac » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:27 pm

If you read this line, remember not the hand that wrote it
Remember only the verse, songmaker`s cry, the one without tears
For I`ve given this its strength and it has become my only strength.
IngnoZac

Starship Trooper

Postby fragilesi » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:55 am

fragilesi

Starship Trooper

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:43 am

Listening to it right now off one of the first cd's of that album.
(I assume the Rhino remaster sounds better?)
I had the vinyl LP back in like '78, sounded better than my version on cd.
[CENTER][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby dreamer easy » Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:14 am

dreamer easy

Postby Roan's Lady » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:08 am

Roan's Lady

Postby BillGuitar » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:32 pm

BillGuitar

Going For The One

Postby dreamer easy » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:49 am

This album abounds with shining vocals and gorgeously spaced-out harmonies, amidst some of the band's most breathtaking atmospheres of gentle beauty ("Turn Of The Century") as well as the requisite guitar-laced madness ("Parallels"). The real kicker, though, is "Awaken", which is the most tapped-in, trance-inducing music Yes ever made, and which despite all odds is unquestionably on par with the scary heights of the previous two albums. The band sounds positively possessed as they rip through one of their finest vocal and instrumental deliveries, and I couldn't imagine a more intense 15 musical minutes. With all this, Going For The One is one of Yes' true best albums, and should never be overlooked in favor of the standard fare -- and oh, Rick is back? If that matters to you, all the more reason to be excited.
dreamer easy

Postby relayer4u » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:50 am

To Be Over is all about Mr. Howe. To hear him play this live in Hawaii one has to continually look for that third hand that never appears,

Awesome performance, bravo Steve!
Ray C. [:f3]

"This to just remind you, All is meant to be."
relayer4u

Starship Trooper

Postby yesman90125 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:53 am

this is the special song they should play on the next tour
yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby Roan's Lady » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:31 am

Roan's Lady

Postby Sidewinder_6 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:08 am