[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YEStalk Discussion Forums • View topic - Your Move

Your Move

Your Move

Postby child-of-the-light » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:02 am

Ride the tides of faith
child-of-the-light

Veteran Member

Postby Terry Shea » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:55 pm

My personal myspace page:

My music myspace page:

Ignore the problem and it will go away.-some dead moron
Terry Shea

Charter Member

Postby Terry Shea » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:01 pm

My music myspace page:

Terry Shea

Charter Member

Postby child-of-the-light » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:10 am

Ride the tides of faith
child-of-the-light

Veteran Member

Postby Terry Shea » Tue May 08, 2007 3:58 pm

My music myspace page:

Terry Shea

Charter Member

Postby RanCan2112 » Thu May 10, 2007 5:09 pm

RanCan2112

Veteran Member

Postby Terry Shea » Thu May 10, 2007 11:41 pm

My music myspace page:

Terry Shea

Charter Member

Postby RanCan2112 » Fri May 11, 2007 1:27 am

RanCan2112

Veteran Member

Postby Terry Shea » Fri May 11, 2007 11:26 pm

My music myspace page:

Terry Shea

Charter Member

Postby RanCan2112 » Sat May 12, 2007 12:22 am

RanCan2112

Veteran Member

Postby Terry Shea » Sat May 12, 2007 4:07 am

My music myspace page:

Terry Shea

Charter Member

Postby RanCan2112 » Sat May 12, 2007 2:01 pm

I think the scale length is different than of a normal guitar, so that the normal pitch of the 2nd string isn't B.

Here's more info right from Steve's website:

"I call it a Portuguese guitar, and the tuning I use is two D strings tuned to E, two A strings tuned to B, two D strings tuned to E again, something like two .16s for a high B, and then E which will be two .12s, then the top string is in A flat, which has to be an .008 gauge tuned to A flat. I do use the same tunings on both songs, both songs are based around D or E."

RanCan2112

Veteran Member

Postby RanCan2112 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:03 pm

I was searching Steve's site for another answer about his steel guitar..and came across this

In "The Steve Howe Guitar Collection" book, you mention the tuning you use on your Portuguese 12 string but I did not understand it because you mention the top string to be A flat below the guitar, what is the top string, what does that mean?

"There must be a mistake, [the book says] the top string should be A flat above the guitar, not below on the guitar. That's what the top string would be."
RanCan2112

Veteran Member

Postby Terry Shea » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:31 pm

My music myspace page:

Terry Shea

Charter Member

Postby khalpin » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:19 am

On a side note, I was watching the DVD, I forget what it's called....basically a documentary on Yes from '68 - '73 with mostly just reviews and criticism by members of the press. But anyway, there was a little section where one critic was talking about how great Your Move was and he had an acoustic guitar showing how the chord progression goes. Obviously, it wasn't note for note as Steve doesn't even use a 6-string guitar but I liked what he was playing, watched it again and learned it real quick. Anyway, here are the chords:

Repeat
khalpin

Starship Trooper

Return to We Love When We Play