Non-Yes covers: ELP, Karn Evil 9 & Triumvirat, Capitol of Power

Non-Yes covers: ELP, Karn Evil 9 & Triumvirat, Capitol of Power

Postby ksdb » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:28 am

I'm posting these projects together as they both have a similar theme: What if you played the organs and synth parts on guitar?? Had to take a few liberties, as some keyboard parts just don't transpose to guitar very well. The Triumvirat track was from their Spartacus album. All the guitar parts, acoustic and electric, were played on a Line 6 Variax 500. The bass is the Rickenbacker 4001.

ksdb's Capitol of Power

After I finished the backing track for this ELP project, I found out that Paul Gilbert already did something similar and saw his video that is posted on YouTube. Nevertheless, his version is more of a 'live' approach, while mine has a few more layers. The vocalist is a great guy who goes by JPF at another site. He's a real pro and can do everything from David Lee Roth to Paul Rodgers. Also, I asked a guy from England to do a guest guitar solo. He's one of those shredder types and is a fan of Yngwie Malmsteen, which shows in his playing. His solo starts about 1:13 and goes till 2:01. The rest of the guitar parts are me on a Squier Telecaster and the Rick 4001 bass.

ksdb's Karn Evil 9, First Impression Part 2
ksdb

Re: Non-Yes covers: ELP, Karn Evil 9 & Triumvirat, Capitol of Power

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:59 pm

Downloaded , but can't open and play it
UPdate: opened in WMPlayer, sounds great! like this stuff , excellent!
[CENTER][font=Arial][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Return to We Love When We Play