Wakeman Sheet Music

Wakeman Sheet Music

Postby thehallway » Wed May 13, 2009 6:10 pm

Is it just me, or does every piece of music I ever want to get my hands on seem to just disappear of the face of the earth?

Apparently, Wakeman stuff used to be in circulation. It now appears to be non-existant (rolls eyes). I know it's a long shot but I thought I might as well ask around. If anyone has any leads, let me know. It's like being on a quest for the Holy Grail... :icon_disa
[8]
thehallway

Charter Member

Re: Wakeman Sheet Music

Postby Wakemaniac » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:43 am

thehallway wrote:Is it just me, or does every piece of music I ever want to get my hands on seem to just disappear of the face of the earth?

Apparently, Wakeman stuff used to be in circulation. It now appears to be non-existant (rolls eyes). I know it's a long shot but I thought I might as well ask around. If anyone has any leads, let me know. It's like being on a quest for the Holy Grail... :icon_disa

It is my quest too..I would LOVE his solo piano pieces,also his transcription,of CTTE for piano.......[} :) ]Caroline [:yes] songs
Caroline [:yes]songs
Wakemaniac

Postby the greenman » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:04 pm

most sheet music I've ever come across bears a poor relation to the original music, usually transcribed by people who must have listened down a phone line or something it's so bad!

My bro used to have (probably still does have) the 'book' for Criminal Record. but I havent seen any new Rick sheet music for yonks..
the greenman

Veteran Member

Postby Coffee_&_Cigarettes » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:12 pm

thehallway wrote:Is it just me, or does every piece of music I ever want to get my hands on seem to just disappear of the face of the earth?

I was on the same quest a few years ago, but I´ve given up...it seems that there isn´t a single piece of material available out there, only poor transcriptions that doesn´t have anything to do with the original music.
Looks like you will have to find a way to talk to the man himself.
Coffee_&_Cigarettes

Veteran Member

Postby thehallway » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:42 pm

Coffee_&_Cigarettes wrote:I was on the same quest a few years ago, but I´ve given up...it seems that there isn´t a single piece of material available out there, only poor transcriptions that doesn´t have anything to do with the original music.
Looks like you will have to find a way to talk to the man himself.

Which is of course, impossible.
[8]
thehallway

Charter Member

Postby Coffee_&_Cigarettes » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:45 am

thehallway wrote:Which is of course, impossible.

Why so Skeptic man?
Nothing is impossible, don´t deny something you haven´t tried yet ;)
Who knows, maybe you will have the chance to talk to Rick someday, don´t think of the odds, think how much you want that and what can you do to make it happen.
Remember this: Rick Wakeman is only six steps away from you, have you ever heard of a theory called "The Six Degrees of Separation"?
No?
Here it is:

Six degrees of separation (also referred to as the "Human Web") refers to the idea that, if a person is one step away from each person they know and two steps away from each person who is known by one of the people they know, then everyone is at most six steps away from any other person on Earth. It was popularised by a play written by John Guare.

Coffee_&_Cigarettes

Veteran Member

Postby thehallway » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:07 pm

Oh yeah I've heard of that. Time to get out the phonebook LOL. The only flaw with that theory is that sometimes one step can be several miles away. Still, I've got the rest of my life ahead of me so perhaps I should be a little more optomistic.

After all, I did see Chris Tarrant in Waitrose once.
[8]
thehallway

Charter Member

Return to We Love When We Play