Triple axe

Triple axe

Postby poodeeo » Tue Nov 13, 2001 1:33 pm

Squire's triple neck bass is actually a perfect Japanese copy of the original.

Soooooo, where's the original??
poodeeo

Charter Member

Postby fragilesi » Tue Nov 13, 2001 5:16 pm

It's a copy??? I didn't know that, I thought that the one he used recently was the original. Yet again I learn something at Yestalk.

My understanding was that the original had been hung up in a Hard Rock Cafe in some major US city (I'll guess Chicago) and that he had retrieved it for the tour. But if the one he is using is a copy then that's my guess for where the original still is!

Simon.
fragilesi

Starship Trooper

Postby Dr_Yes » Tue Nov 13, 2001 6:52 pm

I reckon you're right Simon and it's in a Hard Rock Cafe somewhere. Though I thought it was New York not Chicago. The copy is amazing though and would fool anyone. As a side note, I think the bass player in Japanese tribute band Aslan has got one too. I think I've seen a picture of him playing it.
Dr_Yes

Postby poodeeo » Tue Nov 13, 2001 11:58 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
<b>Dr_Yes wrote:</b>
I reckon you're right Simon and it's in a Hard Rock Cafe somewhere. Though I thought it was New York not Chicago. The copy is amazing though and would fool anyone. As a side note, I think the bass player in Japanese tribute band Aslan has got one too. I think I've seen a picture of him playing it.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></font id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote>

You are correct-Hard Rock New York. I can't speak to the statement that he now plays the original. In YES MAGAZINE he said the Jap copy was much better than the original. Maybe someone knows for sure, other than Chris!
poodeeo

Charter Member

Return to The Playground