[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YEStalk Discussion Forums • View topic - Lifted

Lifted

Lifted

Postby poodeeo » Fri Dec 14, 2001 12:21 am

Name a phrase on MAG that was lifted(so it would seem) from a previous YES or member solo album.
poodeeo

Charter Member

Postby IngnoZac » Fri Dec 14, 2001 3:00 am

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
<b>poodeeo wrote:</b>
previous YES album
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></font id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote>

Could it be "Now giving all the love you have" from Magnification and Be The One in Keys I? This is a hot trivia poodeeo!

Renato
IngnoZac

Starship Trooper

Postby fragilesi » Fri Dec 14, 2001 3:12 am

Hmmm, that one comes from ABWH too, "Brother of Mine". Simon.
fragilesi

Starship Trooper

Postby poodeeo » Fri Dec 14, 2001 4:17 am

Well, you guys may be right. But I'll have to give a hint as to what I'm after. It's a line from a solo effort.

Edited by - poodeeo on Dec 13 2001 1:18:00 PM
poodeeo

Charter Member

Postby caleban » Fri Dec 14, 2001 10:58 pm

when i first heard 'soft as a dove' it made me think of something else but i can't place it.
caleban

Veteran Member

Postby Sam » Sat Dec 15, 2001 1:47 am

Soft as a Dove is very derivative of From the Balcony, and there is a line in one of the songs about "...seen from the eyes of child," that comes from one of the KeysII tunes (I think MindDrive, but I can't be certain).

Nothing solo there, so I don't think I'm on the correct track, but I think a lot of Mag is derivative, including the title track which borrows a bit from The Revealing Science of God.
Sam

Veteran Member

Postby jackalz » Sat Dec 15, 2001 11:59 am

I'm sure poodeeo's going for the lyrics in We Agree, "Now we build the bridges that we walk upon together" from both Deseo and Toltec.
jackalz

Starship Trooper

Postby poodeeo » Sun Dec 16, 2001 2:32 pm

Well well, it seems that the JA signal was picked up. good to hear from you jack. When I first listened to MAG, that line caught my ear very loudly.
poodeeo

Charter Member

Return to The Playground