A YES TRIVIA QUESTION....

Postby Radiojen » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:05 pm

The first answer is correct "I've Seen All Good People".

The second answer is Berlin ("Take My Breath Away"). As the story goes, Berlin was set to open for Yes, but backed out last minute to do some gigs in Japan. Needless to say, the YesMen were annoyed and tossed them off the tour.

A very gracious member of Berlin replied "We were going to send them a garbage can full of rats gnawing on a dinosaur bone. But that wouldn't be fair to the rats."

Jerk-off!
Father love. Do you work? Do you work for mother?
Radiojen

Postby topographic_drama1980 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:55 pm

God, what a prick!!! I had no idea it was Berlin! As sexually charged as Terri Nunn was, who would have thought that a band like that would open for Yes? Well, it WAS the 80's, now wasn't it?! :jestera:

Some of you might already know this, but who was the first keyboardist considered after Rick Wakeman left Yes for the first time in 1974?
Ascend and Create!
topographic_drama1980

Starship Trooper

Postby soul warrior » Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:43 am

topographic_drama1980 wrote:Some of you might already know this, but who was the first keyboardist considered after Rick Wakeman left Yes for the first time in 1974?

Vangelis? had some immigration issues i thought...
soul warrior

Veteran Member

Postby topographic_drama1980 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:33 am

Yes, Vangelis is correct. I guess things didn't work out too well with him and the band, but we all know that he and Jon became the best of friends and also musical soulmates together.
Ascend and Create!
topographic_drama1980

Starship Trooper

Postby Sidewinder_6 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:13 am

I'll give one a shot. Who stepped in to play keyboards on the Magnification tour?
Sidewinder_6

Postby frankh » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:23 am

Sidewinder_6 wrote:I'll give one a shot. Who stepped in to play keyboards on the Magnification tour?

Hm, aka the Yessymphonic Tour...that would have been the talented Tom Brislin.
frankh

Veteran Member

Postby Sidewinder_6 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:10 am

frankh wrote:Hm, aka the Yessymphonic Tour...that would have been the talented Tom Brislin.

Correct and correct! I couldn't remember the tour name off the top of my head.

Another one, what Yessong has been played the most live over the years?
Sidewinder_6

Postby N2yes » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:40 pm

I can only imagine that the song you are speaking of was either "Starship Trooper" or "Roundabout".
"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"
N2yes

Starship Trooper

Postby Sidewinder_6 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:28 am

N2yes wrote:I can only imagine that the song you are speaking of was either "Starship Trooper" or "Roundabout".

Roundabout is correct with 1329 live playings to date! I'll haveto think of something a little tougher next time.
Sidewinder_6

Postby Sidewinder_6 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:36 am

Okay, on the bonus tracks of Tormato, there is a song called "Money". Rick is the one speaking in the background throughout the song. The question is, who is he satirizing?
Sidewinder_6

Re: A YES TRIVIA QUESTION....

Postby Paul_Yeshead » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:59 pm

Sidewinder_6 wrote:Okay, on the bonus tracks of Tormato, there is a song called "Money". Rick is the one speaking in the background throughout the song. The question is, who is he satirizing?

Nearly 2 years & no answer, so I'd better close this.... :cool: ... Rick was impersonating the British Chancellor of the Exchequor DENIS HEALEY, who, supposedly in 1975, resized the British billion to a thousand million from a million million, which in turn became a trillion to come into line with other countries, namely USA..........
Paul_Yeshead

Re: A YES TRIVIA QUESTION....

Postby N2yes » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:13 am

Welcome, Paul. Wow, did we really get a crack at this one? Lol, not that I would have guessed it.
Looking forward to additional posts with your name affixed to it. Hope you.re enjoying the site!
"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"
N2yes

Starship Trooper

Previous

Return to The Playground