Page 1 of 1

Doesn't anyone wanna come out and play?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:55 am
by N2yes
The board is like a ghost town at this moment and tumbleweeds blowing around ain't much to look at. Let's get rockin' here YES people!

Re: Doesn't anyone wanna come out and play?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:16 am
by frankh
...well, I try to chip in here and there...

lmaoOOOOOooo

Warning:I get old pretty quickly...

(I've seen the mirror!lmaoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo)

Re: Doesn't anyone wanna come out and play?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:54 pm
by Dr_Yes
It's very difficult when Yes is in hiatus or defunct (depending on your point of view).

But I agree, it's too quiet!!!

WAKE UP!!!

Re: Doesn't anyone wanna come out and play?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:06 pm
by Roan's Lady
I'll play.
I play quite often!
Stay tuned... :)

Re: Doesn't anyone wanna come out and play?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:01 pm
by happytheman
N2yes wrote:The board is like a ghost town at this moment and tumbleweeds blowing around ain't much to look at. Let's get rockin' here YES people!


N2, I'm as guilty as anyone here. About a year or so ago things started "slowing" down around here and someone from this very forum "pointed" me to another Yes site which I have found to be "a bit more active" to say the least. I never fully left here, I check quite regularly and drop in when I feel I can add something to the conversation. I just "discovered" some of the new and exciting changes to this forum last evening. And I hope this will draw "old" folks like me into some of the great topics you have tossed out there as well as attracting "new" folks into the fold.
Now if Circa can excite everyone this summer and fall with what they have in store....... it can set things up for when Steve is available between his two commitments....and Chris.......well who knows what he is up too........and Jon ...........and Rick.............? Well............
As I said maybe Circa is the newest incarnation of the band and they will carry on the spirit that hasn't been here since......2003?

Re: Doesn't anyone wanna come out and play?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:55 pm
by Roan's Lady
happytheman wrote:N2, I'm as guilty as anyone here. About a year or so ago things started "slowing" down around here and someone from these very forum "pointed" me to another Yes site which I have found to be "a bit more active" to say the least. I never fully left here, I check quite regularly and drop in when I feel I can add something to the conversation. I just "discovered" some of the new and exciting changes to this forum last evening. And I hope this will draw "old" folks like me into some of the great topics you have tossed out there as well as attracting "new" folks into the fold.
Now if Circa can excite everyone this summer and fall with what they have in store....... it can set things up for when Steve is available between his two commitments....and Chris.......well who knows what he is up too........and Jon ...........and Rick.............? Well............
As I said maybe Circa is the newest incarnation of the band and they will carry on the spirit that hasn't been here since......2003?


Maybe. Or maybe Yes will rise again?

http://forum.yestalk.org/showthread.php?t=6215


In any case, thanks for your words of encouragement about the site, happytheman - it's great to see you here. :)

Re: Doesn't anyone wanna come out and play?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:19 am
by frankh
I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

Whenever I'm here, I am usually all by myself anyway. Nocturn, you see. Nightshifter. Occasionally I get to see Dave /DrYes in the wee hours.

(You're an early riser, ain't'ya, David.lol)

Or, Kalingzeye/Kota before she heads off to bed.

Once in a great while someone else.

Never done too badly in 'solitary mode'.

lol

Once in awhile it gets kind of lonely. But, then I remember how poorly I do with actual 'interaction'...

lmaooOOOOOoo

And, I'm okay!

However, I will endeavor to increase my output.The great majority of you are interesting and intelligent people (present company excepted...lmaooooOOOOOo), and this is a warmly cozy corner of the web that is worth preserving.

Re: Doesn't anyone wanna come out and play?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:42 am
by PhillYes
Well, as someone who gets around a bit myself (say, don't I know you from somewhere?), it seems a bit slow everywhere. I think it's just the summer winding down; some people are on vacation (like me! Except I never go anywhere, I just don't go to work!). The families with kids are getting ready for school. We're at that end-of-summer pause (Labor Day already?) that makes you wonder where the time went. Thanksgiving and Christmas right around the corner, sheesh! And, of course everyone here is just waiting for the other shoe to drop from the Yes camps...

I agree...it's quiet...too quiet...

Phill

Re: Doesn't anyone wanna come out and play?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:57 am
by Dr_Yes
frankh wrote:I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

Whenever I'm here, I am usually all by myself anyway. Nocturn, you see. Nightshifter. Occasionally I get to see Dave /DrYes in the wee hours.

(You're an early riser, ain't'ya, David.lol)

Or, Kalingzeye/Kota before she heads off to bed.

Once in a great while someone else.

Never done too badly in 'solitary mode'.

lol

Once in awhile it gets kind of lonely. But, then I remember how poorly I do with actual 'interaction'...

lmaooOOOOOoo

And, I'm okay!

However, I will endeavor to increase my output.The great majority of you are interesting and intelligent people (present company excepted...lmaooooOOOOOo), and this is a warmly cozy corner of the web that is worth preserving.



Hey Frank! I am not up that early -- just on my lonesome over here in the UK most of the time!

Last week I think I posted on maybe a dozen threads without reply. A shame in one way, but I had a bit of enthusiasm after hearing CIRCA: a lot and thinking 'maybe it's not all over after all'.

It would be nice to increase the flow of traffic here and our leaders are doing their level best to do just that. Watch this space.

Cheers,

Dave.

Re: Doesn't anyone wanna come out and play?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:52 pm
by Thoughtbecontact
PhillYes wrote:Well, as someone who gets around a bit myself (say, don't I know you from somewhere?), it seems a bit slow everywhere. I think it's just the summer winding down; some people are on vacation (like me! Except I never go anywhere, I just don't go to work!). The families with kids are getting ready for school. We're at that end-of-summer pause (Labor Day already?) that makes you wonder where the time went. Thanksgiving and Christmas right around the corner, sheesh! And, of course everyone here is just waiting for the other shoe to drop from the Yes camps...

I agree...it's quiet...too quiet...

Phill


It is a bit slow everywhere. It's the end of summer, people are doing their final summery things, kids are going back to school, we all have "real" lives, some of us are following other bands, like Rush :D , and people here don't post, just to post. There's thought put into the musings here.

Re: Doesn't anyone wanna come out and play?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:48 pm
by Roan's Lady
Thoughtbecontact wrote:It is a bit slow everywhere. It's the end of summer, people are doing their final summery things, kids are going back to school, we all have "real" lives, some of us are following other bands, like Rush :D , and people here don't post, just to post. There's thought put into the musings here.


I'd follow Seth Lakeman if he'd step foot on this side of the Atlantic...he's so talented and good-lookin'. Why, if I wasn't married and he played here, I suppose I'd wait until he's done with his show to leap upon him and wrap my legs around his waist.
Now there are some thoughtful musings.

Thanks, Arlene, we try. ;) :)

Re: Doesn't anyone wanna come out and play?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:16 pm
by Tomfoolery
Whew, is it getting a bit warm in here? ** looks around, fans self **

Re: Doesn't anyone wanna come out and play?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:52 am
by Roan's Lady
Tomfoolery wrote:Whew, is it getting a bit warm in here? ** looks around, fans self **


It's always been just around simmering. :)

Re: Doesn't anyone wanna come out and play?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:51 pm
by Thoughtbecontact
Roan's Lady wrote:I'd follow Seth Lakeman if he'd step foot on this side of the Atlantic...he's so talented and good-lookin'. Why, if I wasn't married and he played here, I suppose I'd wait until he's done with his show to leap upon him and wrap my legs around his waist.
Now there are some thoughtful musings.

Thanks, Arlene, we try. ;) :)

This Seth Lakeman must be one hot dude? Did you post a photo of him on that [I]other[/] site? I guess I need to check him out---musically, of course. ;)

I also need to post in that thread here to tell members about myself. I realize that there are probably quite a few here who don't know a thing about me.

Re: Doesn't anyone wanna come out and play?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:15 pm
by Roan's Lady
Thoughtbecontact wrote:This Seth Lakeman must be one hot dude? Did you post a photo of him on that other[/] site? I guess I need to check him out---musically, of course. ;)

I also need to post in that thread here to tell members about myself. I realize that there are probably quite a few here who don't know a thing about me.


I didn't post a photo of him at that [I]other site (just highlight the word and click on the Italic icon up there :) ) - but if there is enough interest at AGP, I will. ;)
Here he is:

Image

He's a young thing, a little pretty, but time will be very good to him. :)



And yes, Arlene, it'd be great for you to tell us a little (or a lot) about yourself! I know some things, but I dare not mention them without your permission. :D

Re: Doesn't anyone wanna come out and play?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:14 am
by frankh
Dr_Yes wrote:Hey Frank! I am not up that early -- just on my lonesome over here in the UK most of the time!

Last week I think I posted on maybe a dozen threads without reply. A shame in one way, but I had a bit of enthusiasm after hearing CIRCA: a lot and thinking 'maybe it's not all over after all'.

It would be nice to increase the flow of traffic here and our leaders are doing their level best to do just that. Watch this space.

Cheers,

Dave.


Hiya Dave!

Got to tell you, whenever I see you, it always means light at the end of the tunnel, over here...

lol

Aside from the fact that it's always good to see you!

Re: Doesn't anyone wanna come out and play?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:55 pm
by Dr_Yes
frankh wrote:Hiya Dave!

Got to tell you, whenever I see you, it always means light at the end of the tunnel, over here...

lol

Aside from the fact that it's always good to see you!


LOL!

Hiya Frank - must catch up with you soon. Going to try to make it to Yestalk tomorrow and if you're about, maybe have a chinwag in the chatroom? If not, hope to talks sometime soon my friend.

Dave.

Re: Doesn't anyone wanna come out and play?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:16 pm
by tardistraveler
I've been told I'm "playful" at times . . . ;)

Re: Doesn't anyone wanna come out and play?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:49 pm
by Dr_Yes
Hey Diane,

Good to hear from you. Hope things are good with you.

Dave.