Slow Forum

Slow Forum

Postby shedend » Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:15 am

Is it me or is the forum running really slow? I'm on 1Mb. Broadband and the pages take along time to load.I can visit 2 or 3 others (e.g. bbc.co.uk)whilst I am waiting for 1 YESTALK to load. This is with IE6,Opera 7 and my preferred option Mozilla Firebird.

Dave
shedend

Veteran Member

Postby Ed Schaum » Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:28 am

There isn't a lot I can do about that. The database is pretty huge, and I'm already running on a semi-dedicated server. I can't really afford to put the database on a dedicated server, so you're kinda stuck with the slowdowns for now.

The response time varies a lot, sometimes it's pretty fast, so if you get a bad slowdown, sometimes checking back later will help.

I'm aware of it and trying to figure out a long-term solution.

Ed
Ed Schaum

Postby Ed Schaum » Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:41 am

Well, well, well. Very interesting.

I logged into my host account and there was a message that they're moving the database server to a dedicated machine on Jan 15. They gave me the new address and told me that I could change over right away. This should help a bit now and hopefully improve considerably by next week.

Ed
Ed Schaum

Postby shedend » Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:41 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
<b>Ed Schaum wrote:</b>
Well, well, well. Very interesting.

I logged into my host account and there was a message that they're moving the database server to a dedicated machine on Jan 15. They gave me the new address and told me that I could change over right away. This should help a bit now and hopefully improve considerably by next week.

Ed
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></font id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote>

Checked in this morning and it's flying again! Thanks Ed

Dave
shedend

Veteran Member

Return to YEStalk HELP