I keep getting PM'd SPAM from "ForumAdministrator"!

I keep getting PM'd SPAM from "ForumAdministrator"!

Postby Squire*Fan725 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:31 am

For some security software thing, and it's driving me nuts!!!

I'm sick of being told there's a virus on my puter when there is not, and to download their stoopid, crappy software that I don't want!

I've had to subject myself to disabling the PM feature, in order to stop the PMs from coming which are just about every freakin' day! :mad:

I'm pretty sure that no mods or admins would be sending me this crap, so whoever it is, please stop it...thank you.
[CENTER][color=navy][:f3] [font=ArnoldBoeD][color=blue]"I guess I'm bigger than I used to be!" - Chris Squire, 1-7-06, Vintage Vinyl.[:f1][/color][/font][/color][/CENTER]
Squire*Fan725

Starship Trooper

Re: I keep getting PM'd SPAM from "ForumAdministrator"!

Postby thehallway » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:25 pm

I've had similar things from supposed "members" of this site (though with no posting history) preaching about charities that don't actually exist, things I should donate to, etc.

Not daily though
[8]
thehallway

Charter Member

Postby Squire*Fan725 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:38 pm

I turned my PMs back on yestrerday, only to get another (SAME) PM from another username, so I replied, telling them to leave me the fuck alone!! ACH! I hope they get the message, this time!!!

When the hell did this start, anyway?? That spammers feel the need to swamp PM inboxes with this shite!?

STOP IT!!!!! :mad:

[CENTER][color=navy][:f3] [font=ArnoldBoeD][color=blue]"I guess I'm bigger than I used to be!" - Chris Squire, 1-7-06, Vintage Vinyl.[:f1][/color][/font][/color][/CENTER]
Squire*Fan725

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:02 pm

I'm sure replying to these will do no good.

They appear to be from someone who signs up with some weird name, spams everyone via PM's, and then disappears.

Just delete them if you get something from someone you don't recognize. And please be aware that "Yestalk Forum Administration" is NOT sending you PM's about virus software, etc. LOL

If you ever get something from YT as a whole, it will probably be from Ed or N2yes, whose names you will recognize.

Anyway, I keep reporting these to the mods, but so far, no one with the "power" has shown up on site to take care of the problem.
tardistraveler

Postby Chris2210 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:13 am

Ditto. Seems every time I visit I have another one, so forum ops are getting just as much of this crap as anyone else. I think only Ed or N2 would have the power to do anything about this and even then it probably takes some watching. I don't think any of us are in any position to complain there's no-one monitoring constantly.

Suffice it to say this is nothing more than opportunist spam. It's damn annoying but I think we're all intelligent enough to see it for what it is and simply delete it. I too wish it would just go away - I hope these idiots are actually wasting some of their own time on this pointless tripe.
I used to be agnostic. These days I'm not so sure.
Chris2210

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:50 am

Yeah, I have got several of these...first time this has occurred in Yestalk history
[CENTER][font=Arial][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:35 pm

I started another thread warning people to just delete the PM's - don't click any of the links - it's just SPAM.

I'll try to contact Ed/N2 to see what they can do.
tardistraveler

Postby Squire*Fan725 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:43 am

tardistraveler wrote:I started another thread warning people to just delete the PM's - don't click any of the links - it's just SPAM.

I'll try to contact Ed/N2 to see what they can do.

It isn't just SPAM...it's a freakin' VIRUS!! :mad:

Avoid it as if it were the plague!!!
Squire*Fan725

Starship Trooper

Return to YEStalk HELP