[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YEStalk Discussion Forums • View topic - Alan Parsons copies Donna Summer?? say it ain't so..

Alan Parsons copies Donna Summer?? say it ain't so..

Alan Parsons copies Donna Summer?? say it ain't so..

Postby happytheman » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:01 am

Call me crazy but I heard Donna Summers "Love to love ya baby" on the radio today and the similarity to the instrumental "I Robot" was unreal. So when I got home I cued it up and sure enough around 2.19 into the song you have an instrumental break that is lifted one year later by Alan Parson on the instrumental I Robot. Again go in about 2.20ish into Parsons song and there you have it.
I knew he lifted a lot of Floyd but Donna Summers??
happytheman

Charter Member

Re: Alan Parsons copies Donna Summer?? say it ain't so..

Postby thehallway » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:47 pm

Just listened to the two songs, and I can see where you're coming from, but it's more a case of the two songs being in the same key with a similar tempo and groove. I wouldn't say it was copying, as both songs are essentially just a groove around a tonic (C Minor I think), one with a vocal melody and one with random sounds. I guess it is sort of strangely too similar though.

I knew Parsons produced Floyd but not having heard any of his songs, I wasn't aware he plagiarised them. Maybe he felt he had the right to because he was involved with one of the greatest albums of all time!
thehallway

Charter Member

Postby tardistraveler » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:53 pm

Disco Robot? lol

Interesting that you noticed the similarity!
tardistraveler

Postby happytheman » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:58 pm

happytheman

Charter Member

Postby happytheman » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:01 pm

happytheman

Charter Member

Return to Alternate Tunes