Masterworks 2000

Masterworks 2000

Postby happytheman » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:52 pm

I recently found links on YouTube to the various songs performed on this tour. I know this was broadcast via the internet because I tried to watch it to no avail (dial up). Question is why was this never released as a DVD? Sure there are parts that are less than stellar (at least the clips that I'm watching) but the music is fantastic.
happytheman

Charter Member

Re: Masterworks 2000

Postby topographic_drama1980 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:59 pm

Yeah, I knew about that webcast, even though I can't remember which show it was, but I couldn't watch it because of my old computer having a shitty dial-up connection. There's a lot of Yesstuff that should be released on DVD that hasn't seen that treatment, such as the Lift Me Up video, The Union Tour, QPR (at least here in America), the whole of the 1979 Philly concert, the making of Going For The One, and I'm sure much more.
Ascend and Create!
topographic_drama1980

Starship Trooper

Postby happytheman » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:52 am

topographic_drama1980 wrote:Yeah, I knew about that webcast, even though I can't remember which show it was, but I couldn't watch it because of my old computer having a shitty dial-up connection. There's a lot of Yesstuff that should be released on DVD that hasn't seen that treatment, such as the Lift Me Up video, The Union Tour, QPR (at least here in America), the whole of the 1979 Philly concert, the making of Going For The One, and I'm sure much more.

Yeah, it seems to me over the last 5 years or so a bunch of Yes product has been "dumped" into the market. But for the most part it has simply been a variation on "greatest hits" or "compilation" releases. There are some "gems" sitting in the vaults that for whatever reason (maybe the band members cannot come to an agreement) it goes unreleased. I've just recently ordered the pt2 of QPR after watching it on YouTube. It looks fantastic. The parts of pt.1 are a bit less than perfect (sound mostly) so I'm looking forward for that to arrive, The Union would be a nice addition, but seeing Igor perform on the Masterworks gives me the impression that had he not taken a turn for the worse with his behavior, maybe just maybe he could have lasted another album. But of course Patrick would have sounded great on Going for the One, but alas Rick had other plans eh?
happytheman

Charter Member

Postby 2Lizard4 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:24 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JON, Hope you back is doing better.
perigee3
2Lizard4

Charter Member

Postby yesman90125 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:59 pm

happytheman wrote:I recently found links on YouTube to the various songs performed on this tour. I know this was broadcast via the internet because I tried to watch it to no avail (dial up). Question is why was this never released as a DVD? Sure there are parts that are less than stellar (at least the clips that I'm watching) but the music is fantastic.

Post the link or the video here
I remember trying to tune into that on dial up then too
it was pretty shakey i gave up after a while
yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby happytheman » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:59 am

yesman90125 wrote:Post the link or the video here
I remember trying to tune into that on dial up then too
it was pretty shakey i gave up after a while

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=yes+masterworks+tour&search_type=&aq=4&oq=Yes+Master
We got off of dial up in the spring. I've found myself up to the "wee hours" several times this past summer following links on You Tube. You can find the most amazing stuff if you just keep searching!
happytheman

Charter Member

Postby NumberNine » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:26 am

i think you will find a vid from a concert i quite propper quality by searching rapidshare ...
NumberNine

Postby thehallway » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:16 pm

I think the song that lended itself most comfortably to being backed by an orchestra on this tour was the Gates of Delirium. It's fanatstic on youtube, though split into 3 parts. The battle section and soon were especially brilliant. Ritual was pretty fine aswell.

I agree that a dvd should be released of this!
[8]
thehallway

Charter Member

Return to Into the Lens