OK, SERIOUSLY FOLKS...

OK, SERIOUSLY FOLKS...

Postby stevehoweistheMAN » Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:18 am

Can we please do the next song? I'd LOVE ot join in.

I've Seen All Good People!!!!

<hr>And if that firelight, I could match the inner flame; sacred ships do sail the seventh age, and have always been here.
stevehoweistheMAN

Charter Member

Postby HAMMAR » Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:40 pm

Hello there, it's me, and I'm still interested.

I played the drums on Starship Trooper.
I tried to do To Be Over, but that didn't work out.
Which version of ISAGP you're gonna use??
Which midi track were gonna use as guide track??

I's gonna take some tim because in aweek I'll be off to Australie for 22 days vacation.

Hope to hear from you soon!

HAMMAR, virtual yes drummer.
HAMMAR

Postby weebl » Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:55 am

I'd like to do ISAGP!
I'm not over familiar with to be over, bit ISAGP is perfect.
I play keyboards, so the organ bit is fine (and the flute bit in the verses if we dont have a flutist).
Sign me up!
--Matt
weebl

Postby HAMMAR » Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:48 pm

HAMMAR

Postby stevehoweistheMAN » Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:44 am

I play the whole song on guitar (not the portugese) and I've got the solo down pat, but why not use the original song as the guide?

I want to use Pro tools this time. I would be okay using the free download version, I guess, but we need to use Pro Tools...

<hr>And if that firelight, I could match the inner flame; sacred ships do sail the seventh age, and have always been here.
stevehoweistheMAN

Charter Member

Postby weebl » Sun Feb 22, 2004 8:56 pm

How many people do we have in on this now?
--Matt
weebl

Postby Terry Shea » Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:47 pm

Terry Shea

Charter Member

Postby Basswiz88 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:13 pm

i play bass if no one has taken it already
Basswiz88

Postby weebl » Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:18 am

I've pretty much got the keyboard bits sorted
weebl

Postby WalrusOct9 » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:10 am

I'd love to add some guitar or backup vocals if you need it. :)

Actually, what I'd really love to add is that vocal harmony Rabin added on the 9012Live version. That extra third in the "for yourselllllllff" part. Listen to it, you'll see what I'm talking about. Best part of the whole song. I like the classic lineup's version better, but I always miss that harmony part.

<hr>-Steve C.

http://www.deanforamerica.com
WalrusOct9

Veteran Member

Postby psychopomp95 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:23 am

If I recall correctly, the continuing problem has been that we don't have any ONE person who is willing to take on the files and mix the whole thing together. Before you start talking about which song(s) to do, that needs to be figured out!

I will be getting broadband within the next few days... I'd love to mix/engineer the whole thing (I'm not concerned with playing on it at all to be honest, unless you guys choose "Real Love" in which case I'd HAVE to do the solo :rolleyes: ), and having a somewhat 'outside' perspective for such a job might not be a bad thing.

The next question I have, (assuming no one has a problem with me taking on the production duties, LOL), is: who else has broadband/hi-speed? If anyone doesn't, how would you get the files to me?

Oh, it looks like there may not be a bassist... if I can handle the part, depending on the song, I guess I might do that! We clearly have no shortage of guitarists though! ;)
psychopomp95

Starship Trooper

Postby weebl » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:42 pm

WalrusOct9 wrote:Actually, what I'd really love to add is that vocal harmony Rabin added on the 9012Live version. That extra third in the "for yourselllllllff" part. Listen to it, you'll see what I'm talking about. Best part of the whole song. I like the classic lineup's version better, but I always miss that harmony part.

Steve - I know what you mean - it's the only bit that makes the Rabin-era better than the classic version.
It always sucks when it get to Rabin's solo when I'm expecting Steve...

-matt
weebl

Postby raddad » Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:28 pm

I have a Ricky bass that would do the trick and my old band used to do SAGP
raddad

Postby psychopomp95 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:05 am

The program you use to record SHOULDN'T matter. If you record your parts as Wave files, they'll play in any program. If you record them as MIDI, ditto, but the sound or effect you use obviously won't be the exact same. As for the guide we all use, there's no perfect solution. I used a MIDI for "Starship Trooper" but on the end product my stuff was off-time (sorry Ed!!) because MIDI can slow down or speed up slightly during the recording and/or playback process. The reason we didn't go with CDs is because they, too, don't always play at the EXACT same speed, depending on the CD player (and presumably depending on the album you're using as a reference; "Trooper" is on at least eight different CDs overall).

So, there's no perfect solution, alas... but we can still make a go of it!

As for the issue of which song... we seem to have so many guitarists here, why don't we do 'splinter' projects? Maybe break it into groups. That would also be easier for whoever mixes it (me, Ed, who else?) because we don't have to give ten different guitar players a little 'solo' in the span of one song! :p Even if it IS a Yes song! Some want to do "To Be Over", some want to do "Changes" (I know I'd be up for both, but being the Rabinite that I am, I'd especially have fun with the latter), so pick your favorite and work with it!
psychopomp95

Starship Trooper

Return to YEStalk Virtual Band