The Passing of Ronald Reagan

The Passing of Ronald Reagan

Postby YEStalk Archives » Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:15 pm

<table class="tborder" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="page"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="bottom"> <td style="font-size: 14pt;">N2yes</td> <td class="smallfont" align="right">06-06-2004 11:07 PM</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <hr> The Passing of Ronald Reagan

Like him or not, along with Mikhail Gorbachev, Reagan put an end to the most nightmarish period in world history; the threat of thermonuclear war between the U.S. and the U.S.S.R. Much credit is due him for his steadfast approach to this problem and I for one will never forget this monumental achievement. Yes, while it did require vast expenditures of the American economy to accomplish this end, the back of the Soviet empire was broken as a result.

No American or Russian child should have ever had to experience the nightmares we did during this period. Eastern Europe is also now free of the reach of totalitarianism eminating from Moscow.

So, though I didn't worship the man, I cannot deny these historical achievements. If your opinion differs from mine, please feel free to counter. That's what this thread is all about.
</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>
<table class="tborder" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="page"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="bottom"> <td style="font-size: 14pt;">Aardvark</td> <td class="smallfont" align="right">06-07-2004 07:03 AM</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <hr> sorry, no disagreement, i think your words are some of the most true I have heard about the gipper since hs passing
<table class="tborder" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="page"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="bottom"> <td style="font-size: 14pt;">Chris</td> <td class="smallfont" align="right">06-10-2004 07:18 AM</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <hr> Defeat of counterbalance

My mummy always said, "Unless you can say something positive, don't say anything at all".

Ronald Reagan is dead.
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr valign="bottom"> <td style="font-size: 14pt;">jackalz</td> <td class="smallfont" align="right">06-12-2004 11:55 PM</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> <hr> rip

IMO, he, like every president and world leader, has been at the lead as the powers that really run the show gambled with world peace in seeking to hold onto its power. For me he represented that upper upper class, and when I finally forgave them of all their sins, I was able to forgive myself of all my sins. We are all just doing the best we can given the circumstances we find ourselves in.
YEStalk Archives

Veteran Member

Return to Other Skylines