[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YEStalk Discussion Forums • View topic - Terri Schindler-Schiavo

Terri Schindler-Schiavo

Postby psychopomp95 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:38 am

psychopomp95

Starship Trooper

one more thing

Postby yesman90125 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:39 pm

[quote="relayer4u"]

I dont think the government or the population of the country should have anything to say about it
but when I have starved my wife I expect to spend my life in jail for murder

would I do it YES

would I agree with it?, NO!!!!!!
would I deserve to be jailed YES
murder is murder no matter what your motivation
even mercy. C

yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby relayer4u » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:12 am

Ray C. [:f3]

"This to just remind you, All is meant to be."
relayer4u

Starship Trooper

Postby keric » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:56 am

keric

Veteran Member

me, a torturer -Fuck That shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby yesman90125 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:26 am

yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby yesman90125 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:36 am

yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby yesman90125 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:41 am

yesman90125

Starship Trooper

WRONG!

Postby yesman90125 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:55 am

yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby yesman90125 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:58 am

yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby psychopomp95 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:18 am

In answer to Keric's question: YES, if it happened in such a way, unfortunate as it may be, I would rather live than die (assuming Terri has not been in intense pain the whole way through - nothing indicates that she has). For all we know, there is plenty of activity still going on in her brain, but she simply can't communicate much of anything to the rest of the world. Does that mean it's not occuring? Hardly! And they say that her actions are little more than natural reflexes, but I think we forget how much all of us act on 'natural reflex' as opposed to concious thought. Maybe she's not capable of so-called 'higher thought' anymore (and I say that with a grain of salt - how would we know anyway??), but neither are a lot of animals, and we don't advocate them dying!
psychopomp95

Starship Trooper

I'd say . . .

Postby theproffet » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:51 am

Save everyone you love trouble--make out a living will . . .

Disconnect my tube, but slip in some good morphine on the way out . . .

Everyone is gonna die . . . Me, you , that guy in the Ramones . . .

Choice is the issue--it's funny that no one connects this to Hunter S . . .
"You like your life in a free form style, you'll take an inch, but you'd love a mile . . ."
theproffet

Starship Trooper

Postby Ed1909 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:09 pm

High vibration go on...
Ed1909

Starship Trooper

Postby wild_westie » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:16 pm

wild_westie

Starship Trooper

Postby wild_westie » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:11 pm

wild_westie

Starship Trooper

Postby wild_westie » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:45 pm

wild_westie

Starship Trooper

Postby keric » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:09 pm

keric

Veteran Member

Postby Roan's Lady » Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:34 am

Out of respect for Terri and each other (for we are the ones reading and responding), let's simply refrain from turning this thread into a bashing of the viewpoint that is in opposition to yours. Sometimes we see words posted and have a knee-jerk reaction to them. Sometimes things are not as "personal", really, as you may be led to believe. Take a deep breath, count to ten, and imagine that the other guy likely has nothing major against you as a human being. Emotions are running high, and this is a hugely charged issue, but I don't see reason to lock this thread at this point. I have more faith in you all to sort things through on your own.
Keric, rather than start a new thread devoted to your debate, consider private messaging the involved party/parties.
Roan's Lady

Postby yesman90125 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:52 am

yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby yesman90125 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:43 pm

[quote="keric"]You really think, after the circus of controversy this has become, that this would ever go to court for a possible lawsuit. No way he ever brings this to court, and no way any jury awards him anything after this is all said and done.

right]
[color=red]and every other person that will pay him for his story.he will be set for life over this especially because of the international coverage it got

I bet he could write a book and it would debut as a best seller probably #1
I am not inplying that his is nessisarily his motivation
its probably love and mercy
but still It could be greed weather he set out to make money or not -he will
I also think the parents could sue -and if I was them I might
Id certinly consider it

For those that continue to refer to this as murder, I'll just respond from now on that those who would keep her alive against her wishes are torturers.

just wanted to reiterate what pissed me off so much
you have stated your opinion and I mine but I thought , up until this post we were debating an issue
not blasting each other personally
because we are not these people and we dont know what they feel or want
so you dont state facts and neither do I
just opinion
none of us has a monopoly on morality or the ultimate answers
we only have our intellect and emotions you crossed the line though I didnt call you a murderer you didnt make this decision
I am not a torturer I dont have control over this situation any more than you do
you owe me an appology
and everyone else you lumped in as torturers

Interesting that all those in favor of the continued 15 year torture talk about the absence of written proof,
well one must admit that the husband is slightly suspect but I never brought that up til now
he could bee 100% legit
It still isnt the same as shutting off life support
which I am in favor of
I am speaking To LAW and the hipocracy of things when we pull one persons feeding tube out and leave others in
I belive brain function should be the defining factor as well as the ability to breathe and have your higher life support functions operating like your heart beating etc. and Pain is certinly an issue but do we kill someone in pain

I am reaching for a definition of where mercy begins and steping in to Gods role begins
there must be a line and it must be black and white
Terris' experience should open that debate so that the laws can be clear
perhaps thats the reason for this and the attention it receives
but I dont agree with this decision obviously

but not one has said they would prefer to live like this for 15 years if the circumstances should arise.
no I wouldt Want To live in those circumstances
but millions do or in varying degrees of it
i am only trying to define where we draw the line
and if its unclear I am speaking to the definition of euthanasia
whats legally ok and what isnt
we shouldnt make the decision of Death especially when of terris three closest reletives 2 wanted the feeding tube in
and 1 wanted it out

I've already said and will state it again, that I would want the tubes removed so my wife and son could move on with their lives.

yeah its fine to say, but as wild westie put it very hard to do .
I dont believe that the scars from those decisions have allowed me to move on with my life -and certinly not my children who suffer 5 years later
my wife who fell apart emotionally everytime Terri was on the news
Ive pulled plug Ive told doctors not to revive
members of my family but I would never say Starve them
fortunately they all died within hours of the decision
NOT WEEKS!

Any torturers out there care to put it in writing that they want to live like Terri has, for 15 years.

I agree with Psyco pomp on this who wrote

"In answer to Keric's question: YES, if it happened in such a way, unfortunate as it may be, I would rather live than die (assuming Terri has not been in intense pain the whole way through - nothing indicates that she has). For all we know, there is plenty of activity still going on in her brain, but she simply can't communicate much of anything to the rest of the world. Does that mean it's not occuring? Hardly! And they say that her actions are little more than natural reflexes, but I think we forget how much all of us act on 'natural reflex' as opposed to concious thought. Maybe she's not capable of so-called 'higher thought' anymore (and I say that with a grain of salt - how would we know anyway??), but neither are a lot of animals, and we don't advocate them dying!"
I would add that since she did have brain function -and that is Measurable she was dreaming and living in a state of Simplistic awareness-further I dont think smiling and making eye contact with people is proof of any suffering beyond the obvious suffering of the severe disability she had
we also have lots of people who come out of vegitative states and recall people being there and talking to them feeling them holding their hand and not being able to respond in any way

My dad when he was dying was hallucinating for almost amonth until near his last day
and when I asked him about some of the hallucinations he said he
really felt as if he was on a cruise and got sick and was in the medical section of the cruise ship he said that felt as real to him as anything
and was a memory that was just like as if he really was on a caribean cruise
yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby keric » Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:43 am

keric

Veteran Member

Postby topographic_drama1980 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:56 pm

topographic_drama1980

Starship Trooper

Postby Roan's Lady » Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:13 pm

I'm glad for that, as well, Josh.
Keric, Yesman has stated that he's taking a break from here, so I don't know that he will be reading/responding to your post.

I'm going to close the thread - I think its purpose has been served.

Roan's Lady

Previous

Return to Other Skylines