Freedom of speech?

Freedom of speech?

Postby theproffet » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:41 am

Yes, theproffet is back, and he's pissed off . . .

Y'see, my friend Lorri, who's well known as a photo-journalist in town, for local bands, is being shut down for taking pics of policemen . . .

Okay, this is Lorri's Yes pics . . . http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lorri0037/album?.dir=e75a&.src=ph&store=8prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//lorri0037/my_photos

This is Lorri doing what she does . . .
http://voxmagazine.com/print.php?ID=12292

The other weekend, she was taking some pics of an arrest, after a local show--outside a club, in the parking lot, she had some pixels and flash left . . .

Policemen don't like documentation--so they told her to move off a private parking lot, or face trespassing charges. She did, and took more pics ( Uh, I was there . . .). However, that made her "suspicious," so a search had to be done, involving prescribed drugs that were not in the correct containers. She carries some meds in her camera case--you don't photograph a rock show with a purse!

So, arrest the person taking pics of policemen with pills . . .

$5000 bond then . . .

For a 47 year old mother of two who has meds in her camera case?

Uh, she's also documented folks getting maced at local band parties, and is a known activist, but that has nothing to to with it, right?

The last election's Marijuina reform inititive, and the murder of a student by a Columbia policeman last spring couldn't have anything connected, could they?

They older I get, and the more I learn, the more radical I have to be . . .

As Donald Fagen would say, "More to come . . ."
"You like your life in a free form style, you'll take an inch, but you'd love a mile . . ."
theproffet

Starship Trooper

Postby wild_westie » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:08 pm

Those bastards! :mad:
wild_westie

Starship Trooper

Postby wild_westie » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:13 pm

It appears to be a conspiracy to me. What type of pills did she have? And your friend or her lawyer can call the pharmacy to verify her prescriptions. So she was arrested on tresspassing or drug charges or both? Such an obvious case of trying to thwart journalism to me. She should sue.
wild_westie

Starship Trooper

Postby wild_westie » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:14 pm

And, she has you as a witness.
wild_westie

Starship Trooper

Postby fragilesi » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:16 pm

That is *not* good . . . good to see you back but a shame it's with something like this.
fragilesi

Starship Trooper

Postby Ed1909 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:19 pm

Land of the Free! :icon_wink

(don't flame me; it's not much better over here!)
High vibration go on...
Ed1909

Starship Trooper

Postby wild_westie » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:53 pm

Ed1909 wrote:Land of the Free! :icon_wink

(don't flame me]

[size=100]And home of the brave! Yeah! We're such posers. :)
wild_westie

Starship Trooper

Postby wild_westie » Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:53 pm

If you will, may we have an update on what has happened?
wild_westie

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:30 pm

Please do update us, Proff - this really sucks!!!
tardistraveler

Postby Roan's Lady » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:55 pm

tardistraveler wrote:Please do update us, Proff - this really sucks!!!

Completely. Just wrong!! :mad:
hope's as high as the sun today...
~moon safari
Roan's Lady

Postby tribute1969 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:34 am

Just go read Jerry Rubin's "classic" radical writing:
F**K THE SYSTEM!!

I wish I lived "closer" to you guys..... I have some "tricks" up my sleeve and elsewhere I haven't used in years.......Flashback to the Nixon years....

PIGS!!
WAR IS OVER! IF YOU WANT IT!
John and Yoko Ono Lennon-1969
WE HAVEN'T HAD THAT SPIRIT HERE SINCE 1969...
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:07 pm

tribute1969 wrote:Just go read Jerry Rubin's "classic" radical writing:
F**K THE SYSTEM!!

I wish I lived "closer" to you guys..... I have some "tricks" up my sleeve and elsewhere I haven't used in years.......Flashback to the Nixon years....

PIGS!!

"Pigs!" Haven't heard THAT one used in a while - but reminds me of a story from way back in 1970. I was out with my ex John, his brother Don, and my friend Sheila one night. We stopped at Shoney's to eat, and upon leaving, Don made some disparaging remarks ("Oink, oink - look at the pigs, etc.") pointed at some policemen sitting outside in their car. One of the policemen looked visibly angry, and threw his coffee cup down. As we pulled out, they proceeded to follow us, and pulled us over a few blocks up the road.

It was not a pretty scene - John had just been discharged from the Army - still had a military driver's license - didn't have his Tennessee one renewed yet - so, they threw him in the back of their police car. I heard John say something like, "I know my constitutional rights!", to which one of the police responded "F**K your constitutional rights!" John was screaming at ME to "call his lawyer" - hell, I was only 16, and had NO idea WHO to call - think I finally called his older brother for advice, but by that time, the police wanted to talk to me.

They asked if I had a driver's license. I said yes - Don and Sheila didn't have theirs yet, so at this point I was the only licensed driver in the car. So, they let John go, with the provision that I would drive.

Well, the glitch was, John had a standard shift - an old Chevelle with the gearshift on the steering column. Theoretically, I knew how the gears shifted - that you pushed down on the clutch to change gears, and which position was which gear - but, I had never actually DRIVEN a standard shift. That was about to change!

After several tries releasing the clutch while pressing the gas, I finally got the car to move - I had killed the motor in the process about 10 times! So, I tooled the car up the road, with the police behind us, and had to stop at a red light. So, a repeat of the first time - killed the motor a bunch - John was starting to scream at me telling me how to do it "right" - I was getting more and more frustrated, and I had these policemen still behind me! Finally the car moved once again, I headed up the road again, and the police turned off.

I immediately pulled over, turned to John, and said "YOU drive!"

He got his Tennessee license renewed the next day. I STILL don't know how to drive a stick shift - the opportunity never presented itself again . . .
tardistraveler

Return to Other Skylines