At This Moment Part II

Re: At This Moment Part II

Postby Relayer » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:10 pm

I think we're all kind of holding our breath about Chris's condition right now, I'm sure there will be more to post about soon, personally, my youngest is singing the National Athem with his school chorus group later today at the Dunkin Donuts Center before the Providece Bruins game, kinda stoked about that, been invited to a promotion ceremony tomorrow, big doins in my biz, lets see, wifes out on a 6 mile run, and I just owned on COD4 playing Nazi Zombies, Ray guns rock!. Well there goes the buzzer , guess I'll start another load of laundry, have a good one.
Hope that helps somwhat.
Relayer

Starship Trooper

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:47 pm

Imagepic not mine

Greenglade is alive and birdlike and overeating

....on Friday night, no it wasn't delirium tremens, I went out on the patio for a cig was surprised to see two big RACOONS on the lawn staring at me...

I was like "whoa!!" Never seen 'em get so close. One kept staring at me and started walking towards me , Ihad to stamp my foot to shoo it off, they are not shy animals....fool moon and about 45F outside, must have been lookin for food.....sort of scarey......
[CENTER][font=Arial][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:06 pm

Peacocks are in full exhuberance and making lots of racket recently, even in the chilly wet weather...just wait till spring when they will be cracking at before dawn, like 2 am, on squawk fest... :mad:

assume i will be seeing more assertive racoons on the lawn at night soon.... :eek:

Not cooking beans much recently have resorted to cans of refried beans and chili on sale at local Ralph's for $1. Bought 10 cans last week.... :cool:

Got a new $24 set of flamenco guitar strings, as replacement for 2 sets of defective strings...they sound great....

Too cold to ride my bike in this windchill factor....
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:32 pm

ImageImageImage
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby guilddigger » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:32 pm

The day I have dreaded for a long time did finally come.
This weekend my (step)daughter moved away from home
and I must admit that I cried my eyes out when her mother
and I came back home after a full day of carrying stuff up and down the stairs
and walked into the empty room that used to be hers.
There are many things in my life that I am proud of, but nothing has
ever made me so proud as being her dad.
On the bright side, she did not move out of town
and now we have an extra room!

Still, At This Moment I am sad.
"heaven is all around translated to sound" - michael hedges
guilddigger

Starship Trooper

Postby yesireebob » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:31 pm

guilddigger wrote:The day I have dreaded for a long time did finally come.

Good to hear from you! And I understand completely. The whole empty-nest thing is much harder to take than you can ever have imagined. I have gone through this a couple of times with my son, moving out, moving back in. You would think it would be easier the second or third time, but it isn't. He is currently in Australia. I had an aunt who used to say children are like arrows, your job as a parent is to shoot them forward, collect them when they land, and shoot them again. Until the day the arrow travels too far for you to collect. Then it is the child's job to shoot the arrow him or herself. My aunt was very wise. Personally, I think of it as emotional labor pains. The birth process, triggered by the child's readiness to come out into the world, involves intense physcial pain in pushing that child out of your body into the world. That whole process is repeated, and completed, when the child matures and is ready to launch into independent adult life. This is an equally intense sort of pain, just not physical. And just as in birth, some leave prematurely. The good news is that once the process is truly complete, you begin a whole new dimension by having an adult child who is also your friend. I know from experience with own mother that the child truly never understands or appreciates a parent as a real person until they have kids of their own. It is an incredible circle of life experience. Apart from the survival of the species, I suppose this is why people keep doing it....
yesireebob

Postby tribute1969 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:31 am

Now with 4-5 previous posts, "WE" are back in the saddle again...
WE are a "family" or sorts, be it virtual or face to face semi-annual or so with gatherings, etc
I've missed the family, even Yesman...

Lots of proud parents, step parents, friendships and raccoons to be aware of.
It's nice to hear the good, the bad and the ugly of our comings and goings again....I'm dealing with three kids on today a school holiday while my spouse is away on a overnight biz trip...anyone want to chat tonight!?
Where is KOTA? She nees to return as well as Maryland Terp/Band gal!!
IF anyone knows them well enough to PM them, please do so..
We need some "yute" as MY Cousin Vinny called it around here!!

Here's the "drama" from my hotel this Valentine's day AND Friday the 13th weekend!

There was "Drama" at the hotel....
One girl from CA was staying with a "new" boyfriend this weekend in the hotel and while he was out picking up something he was KILLED in a car wreck. They had just met on e.Harmony.com, so some friends of his came to tell her and to get his stuff and she went home to CA the next day......so much for eHarmoney.com matches...

another eHarmoney.com gal from Texas (seems THIS was a peak weekend for face to face meetings) met her "new" boyfriend for the first time this weekend and he is a local volunteer fireman and had to go to an apartment complex fire where a lady was burnt to death and they had to cut another 400 pound lady out of her apartment to help her escape because the door was blocked by fire and the window wasn't BIG enough, etc. Then he had to do "search and rescue" for hours, help with relocations, etc so they didn't see much of each other over the weekend........

Too bad these gals didn't meet ME prior as I could have "volunteered" my free time at the hotel with taking care of them during their slack time ...lol Always willing to extend guest services to our guests....lol

At least I think these were legit stories...both gals seemed nice and were both attractive so I don't think someone faked their own death and another made up an elborate fire story to stay away from these gals...

The fact I can get so much info in a short trip to the airport makes me feel like I'm still using my Psych Degree but now while on wheels......lol
WAR IS OVER! IF YOU WANT IT!
John and Yoko Ono Lennon-1969
WE HAVEN'T HAD THAT SPIRIT HERE SINCE 1969...
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby yesman90125 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:20 am

Well , the thing about kids moving out is as long as you got that extra room they dont nessisarily stay gone long.
At the end of this year all 4 of my children will be adults
2 live here and 2 dont (as of todays count). I still have no extra room but nobody's bunking up anymore.
yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby yesman90125 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:23 am

tribute1969 wrote:Now with 4-5 previous posts, "WE" are back in the saddle again...
WE are a "family" or sorts, be it virtual or face to face semi-annual or so with gatherings, etc

lol

Maybe on a special night if the moon is right...
Or some such drivel
yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby tribute1969 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:23 pm

Here's what Adrian Belew is doing TODAY...

Giving a Demo of his NEW Parker Signature model up in Indiana....

Just think about what his neighbors hear when he's in town recording/practicing at his home studio...lol :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTe-B0ZTtJ0

http://www.adrianbelew.net/

No talk of going into RAP music :rolleyes:
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:19 pm

FANTASTIC to see so many of you back!

ATM I'm at work getting ready for a meeting . . . I'll stop by later and write more . . . :)
tardistraveler

Postby tribute1969 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:19 pm

Looks like a "sign" of what you should be playing on your next tour..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjFZ5ORMW3M&feature=related

Greenglade's Frog wrote:ImageImageImage
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby Tomfoolery » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:58 pm

ATM, sitting at work on the Navy base, waiting for the maintenance that was started this morning to be completed so we can bring our servers back up and start doing our job again -

Not too happy with this job - I've now been here 6 months and it hasn't changed any since I first found out that this was NOT the job that was described to me. I'm a system administrator, and that's what I was hired to be (according to the hiring manager, who is technically "out of the loop", apparently). I arrived here, spent the first 3 months on day shift learning that the primary function of the day shift is basically computer operator work, NOT administration of the servers. Then I shifted (pun intended) to nights and gee, I was able to actually be an administrator and get my hands into the hardware and the software! That was cool (except for the hours). Well, now I'm on the day shift again, and now, I'm back to being an "operator". I haven't been an operator since 2000!!! I QUIT being an operator because it was boring to me, and now, here I am 9 years later, having moved on to a help desk tech, then a desktop / laptop tech, then a sysadmin, and now? BACK 3 steps again to an operator! OY VAY.

However, I'm grateful - first of all, it's a job. I'm employed whereas so many people are NOT right now. Second of all, this job got me back to Virginia and around my kids again. Third, my life that I left here in April 2006 when I went back to Rhode Island was STILL here when I got back to Virginia, and it's getting better day by day. So, regardless of the above whining, I'm happy to be here... :D
"The word is love and the time is now, and it's right for me"
Tomfoolery

Postby tardistraveler » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:54 pm

Just got back from my walk on 28th floor. There's track up there, and I've been walking at least a half hour each day - sometimes more - today was a "more" day - I got lost in thought and before I realized it, it had been about 40 minutes . . . ;)

Dean - I'm happy you have a job too, even though it's not exactly what you had in mind. I've done those backtracks as well . . . from systems manager, to project manager, to analyst/developer, and now back to systems manager . . . hopefully it will swing around for you as well.

Tom/Linda - I may be facing that "empty nest" soon too . . . at least during the school year. If J.J. keeps his act together, he'll be starting college in the fall, either here in Nashville, or perhaps out of town . . . we'll see what shakes out. I do try to keep in mind that the parent/child relationship changes every step of the way, and that the relationship isn't going away - we're just entering a new phase of things.

Nolan - your hotel story is SO sad . . . wow . . . to hook up with someone, and have them DIE on your first meeting . . . I'm so sorry for the guy's family too . . . :( Seems in your line of work you just never know who you're going to run into, or what state of mind they'll be in - I'm sure that psych degree DOES come in handy, helping you shift to meet your customers' needs

YM/GG - Good to see you both posting out here again! :)

We ARE family here - a cyber family, but family nonetheless . . . I miss folks when they're not around.

Sooooo, where's Kota???? She's about the last MIA around here!
tardistraveler

Postby the greenman » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:28 pm

dont be too sad Guild, this is a great step forward for your stepdaughter, another right of passage as she makes the journey into independent adulthood,

but these times are not without their tinges of sadness, as we remember how time is passing. & sometimes its hard..

But take heart! hey, you could even turn her room into a music studio for all those Guilds! I'm teasing you to make you smile!

My own first born's 21st yesterday - I find that hard to believe.. The time seems to have simply raced by!
the greenman

Veteran Member

Postby guilddigger » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:59 am

Thanks for the encouraging words.
Even though she is not my real daughter I love her as much as if she had been.
We have a very special bond between us and I am so proud of her.
The sadness I feel is only selfishness (or self pity), for her I am happy and I will always encourage her, whatever she wants to do with her life.
"heaven is all around translated to sound" - michael hedges
guilddigger

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:59 pm

Busy day here today . . . in and out of the office for appointments, and I've got a boatload of things here to take care of too . . .

Hope all my Yestalk family has a GOOD day! :)
tardistraveler

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:43 pm

tribute1969 wrote:Now with 4-5 previous posts, "WE" are back in the saddle again...

Lots of proud parents, step parents, friendships and raccoons to be aware of.
It's nice to hear the good, the bad and the ugly of our comings and goings again....I'm dealing with three kids on today a school holiday while my spouse is away on a overnight biz trip...anyone want to chat tonight!?
Where is KOTA? She nees to return as well as Maryland Terp/Band gal!!
IF anyone knows them well enough to PM them, please do so..
We need some "yute" as MY Cousin Vinny called it around here!!

Here's the "drama" from my hotel this Valentine's day AND Friday the 13th weekend!

There was "Drama" at the hotel....
One girl from CA was staying with a "new" boyfriend this weekend in the hotel and while he was out picking up something he was KILLED in a car wreck. They had just met on e.Harmony.com, so some friends of his came to tell her and to get his stuff and she went home to CA the next day......so much for eHarmoney.com matches...

another eHarmoney.com gal from Texas (seems THIS was a peak weekend for face to face meetings) met her "new" boyfriend for the first time this weekend and he is a local volunteer fireman and had to go to an apartment complex fire where a lady was burnt to death and they had to cut another 400 pound lady out of her apartment to help her escape because the door was blocked by fire and the window wasn't BIG enough, etc. Then he had to do "search and rescue" for hours, help with relocations, etc so they didn't see much of each other over the weekend........

Too bad these gals didn't meet ME prior as I could have "volunteered" my free time at the hotel with taking care of them during their slack time ...lol Always willing to extend guest services to our guests....lol

At least I think these were legit stories...both gals seemed nice and were both attractive so I don't think someone faked their own death and another made up an elborate fire story to stay away from these gals...

The fact I can get so much info in a short trip to the airport makes me feel like I'm still using my Psych Degree but now while on wheels......lol

Think yer in line for your next screenplay submission of your "Hotel" series to SAG(Screen Actors Guild), but no need to come to Hollywood, as all the production is going on in Michigan or, God forbid, Tennessee!!
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:54 pm

Last night, while it was raining in So Cal, I went out on the patio for a cig, and there was screaming: Raccoons, possums, squirrels and/or cats, and or all of these critters.
God, it sounded like a racoon was trying to eat a squirrel, I could hardly see, just the flash of their eyes and a long tail, probly a squirrel tail as on escaped up the hill....

Just got the two-taquito deal at 7-11 w/coffee for $1.99Image

Had to revive myself after witnessing that late night critter fight....

Sat in my car looking overImage
cliff near Terranea resort with my bargain meal......another blow to the eco system of this city, could have built a nice botanic garden or park, but no, real estate developpers totally covered the former Marineland site with homes and hotels and condos......all of which I can't afford...Image
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby fragilesi » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:42 am

Celebrating . . .

fragilesi

Starship Trooper

Postby fragilesi » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:44 am

guilddigger wrote:Thanks for the encouraging words.
Even though she is not my real daughter I love her as much as if she had been.
We have a very special bond between us and I am so proud of her.
The sadness I feel is only selfishness (or self pity), for her I am happy and I will always encourage her, whatever she wants to do with her life.

Guild, can I just say that these feelings are hardly selfishness!!! From everything you say she is just as lucky to have you. I've been working too many hours recently and while I get to all the big things like birthdays, school plays, open evenings and the like I haven't spent enough time with my little girl.

Your thoughts have inspired me to do better,
fragilesi

Starship Trooper

Postby tribute1969 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:09 am

Just checked in a group playing The Mercy Lounge tonight called
Over The Rhine

http://www.overtherhine.com/

Looks like a group GGF could blend in....

AND

Felt like dribbling, passing and shooting today...

My basketball hero..
Oh to have been 6'5" and have bigger hands...lol

I went to baskeball camp with Pistol Pete as my instructor!

Charting the locations where he made his points during his college days
it was discovered that had they had the "3" point basket then he
would have averaged 57 points per game for his 3 years at LSU
As it was he averaged a mere 44 points per game. lol
The second highest average
before or since has been 34 points per game...Austin Carr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkmvEzNUq2I&feature=related

and here playing H-O-R-S-E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9JLJunoxlc
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:44 pm

Greenglade's Frog wrote:Think yer in line for your next screenplay submission of your "Hotel" series to SAG(Screen Actors Guild), but no need to come to Hollywood, as all the production is going on in Michigan or, God forbid, Tennessee!!

Yep - Nolan could write quite a series about the goings-on at the Hotel Preston . . . ;)

Spent last night up late editing MY son's screenplay to turn in today to his Cinema teacher . . . a lovely sci-fi story that has it all, global warming, a bionic telepathic space shark, and a plot to bring about Cold War II . . . he just needs to throw in James Bond to combat all that megalomania. . . lol
tardistraveler

Postby tribute1969 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:26 pm

Yes, I could..the good , the bad and the ugly goings on at a hotel...
I've got a SAD and DISCUSTING story from yesterday but don't have time to relay/express it today...Just say it involves a 4 time deployed Iraq veteran
who's job was to dispose of the home made bombs.....unbelieveable...later

tardistraveler wrote:Yep - Nolan could write quite a series about the goings-on at the Hotel Preston . . . ;)

Spent last night up late editing MY son's screenplay to turn in today to his Cinema teacher . . . a lovely sci-fi story that has it all, global warming, a bionic telepathic space shark, and a plot to bring about Cold War II . . . he just needs to throw in James Bond to combat all that megalomania. . . lol
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:41 pm

Nothing going on at "Hotel Peacock". ..'cept they are loud as spring approaches...

Looking forward to some Laredo chili I got for $1.50, not a bad deal...
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby yesman90125 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:06 am

tribute1969 wrote:
Felt like dribbling, passing and shooting today...

My basketball hero..
Oh to have been 6'5" and have bigger hands...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9JLJunoxlc

Dude, I'm 6'3" and those BB players tower over me
yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby 2Lizard4 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:51 am

praying
perigee3
2Lizard4

Charter Member

Postby tribute1969 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:51 pm

I just wanted to be a 6'5" point guard....
My college suitemate was starting center for Wake Forest U
back in the 70's.. He was 6'11" I'll post a pic Monday..He's still 6'11"...lol
His roomate was the shooting starting guard, a mere 6'7"...
Wish I could "palm" the ball...lol

yesman90125 wrote:Dude, I'm 6'3" and those BB players tower over me
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby tribute1969 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:53 pm

Read "Grumpy old Rock Star" and then try the
fart in a baggie trick
AFTER the Laredo chili...
Leave inflated baggies in yard for curious peacocks..
THAT should run them off...

Greenglade's Frog wrote:Nothing going on at "Hotel Peacock". ..'cept they are loud as spring approaches...

Looking forward to some Laredo chili I got for $1.50, not a bad deal...
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby tribute1969 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:02 pm

Just Enjoying these...doesn't take that much to keep me entertained...

Here are MY choices for best Award Show Speeches this season...

From The Independent Film Awards...Best Male Lead winner Mickey Rourke...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og3tN7P6oKI

From The Academy Awards, presenters, Natalie Portman and Ben Stiller...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1fgSReOlSk&feature=related

AND

this

"Underground" Bluegrass Music from 2/7/09
There were HP guests that came to attend these concerts...
I thought they were kidding when they said these concerts
were being held INSIDE actual caves....Looks like a Roger Dean set!

http://bluegrassunderground.com/

Sound check..no need for reverb...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ulAiFZKNjU
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

PreviousNext

Return to Other Skylines