At This Moment Part II

Re: At This Moment Part II

Postby tardistraveler » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:14 pm

Lizard, I hope everything works out OK for you . . . I'll keep you in my good thoughts . . . :)

Saw one of those wild turkeys the other day in MY backyard - just strutting along - lots of rabbits these days too . . . they're so cute!

CARma continues . . . having some overheating problems that have temporarily been solved, but will likely require some work next week . . . the way it goes when your car starts getting older . . . :rolleyes:
tardistraveler

Postby 2Lizard4 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:12 am

I am truely sorry, If I afennded any one, I thought this was not a political sight, but I read so many political suggestions from those here. I finally just got pissed off that they can say what they do, about peace, in their footer. and never give of them selves. I have to say, I would be truly honoured to be banned from this place. As I would be honoured to be fired for putting those who serve me, before me. I have worked for a union company for 3 years, it makes me sick, the little that they care about the people they serve. They say patriotic things, and then steal from the poor, they steal from those who really care. I have been personaly prosicutied, beause I give all that I can, I have seen others, who have givin more then me, be prosicuted by Lazy assss self serving union people. I should just get a T shirt, thatsays something that seems deep, then I d be ok. I do beleieve in the union thing, but in 20 yearss, I have onlyu seen one time, whrer a unioun hasnt screwed the tax payeres.
perigee3
2Lizard4

Charter Member

Postby 2Lizard4 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:13 am

Ban me, I would be honoured
perigee3
2Lizard4

Charter Member

Postby yesman90125 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:52 pm

2Lizard4 wrote:at this moment, contemplating getting fired for what I believe in. they want to fire me for climbing 100 feet high on a navy destroyer to do my job on a windy day, with out a safty harness. If I hadnt, the job would had not been done. I cant believe that I took a job to support men and women, who give their all, who die for us, even tho some may condem them for serving, and not just sitting their fat lazy butts on a couch and complaining. I feel the least I can do for those who give there lives, is to over come my fear of hieghts, and get a job done they may save some of thier lives. And I owe it to my wife, who tho, beleives differntly then me in many ways, supports me in what I do, when she married me, she knew I didnt work on designing computers or washing machines.

Peace will come to us when we get off our safty couch and give of our selves.
I work for a defense company, but also, activly protest for peace.

2Lizard4 wrote:at this moment, Im glad I just dont wear cool T shirts, and say pretty things, But am willing to give my life, and am blessed that my love is there with me.

2Lizard4 wrote:Sorry for crying like a little girl, but being 1000 miles from my love, working 20 hours a day, and risking my life, then being told I am going to fired for that, by some one, who has never sacrificed there life for a cause, gets me worked up.

2Lizard4 wrote:I geuss I just I just want to say, that I hold myself prostrate befor those who give SOOOO much more then me. I belive that most of us have no idea what it is like to answer a domestic deput call, climb a ladder to save a dog, or hold a child who has been orfened because their pararents beleived in freedom, and where killed. or a soilder who has given his life so woman would not be tourtured and killed for ala. Do not fool your selves. these men did not die for Bush. I would not have died for bush, but I would damn sure die for all of those, whos lives have been changed, for the better.

2Lizard4 wrote:before my brother died in Iraq, his commanding officers where going to throw him out of the ARMY because he kept preaching the word of God, Now Im NO saint, no where near my brother. but at my brothers funeral, those same officers got up, and cried at his berial. I only wish, is to have the same conviction my brother did. I can only hope to be half the man he was.

2Lizard4 wrote:I am truely sorry, If I afennded any one, I thought this was not a political sight, but I read so many political suggestions from those here. I finally just got pissed off that they can say what they do, about peace, in their footer. and never give of them selves. I have to say, I would be truly honoured to be banned from this place. As I would be honoured to be fired for putting those who serve me, before me. I have worked for a union company for 3 years, it makes me sick, the little that they care about the people they serve. They say patriotic things, and then steal from the poor, they steal from those who really care. I have been personaly prosicutied, beause I give all that I can, I have seen others, who have givin more then me, be prosicuted by Lazy assss self serving union people. I should just get a T shirt, thatsays something that seems deep, then I d be ok. I do beleieve in the union thing, but in 20 yearss, I have onlyu seen one time, whrer a unioun hasnt screwed the tax payeres.

Best to You!
yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:11 pm

ATM at work, fixing to go to a meeting . . . :rolleyes:

My CARma has evolved and is now affecting my house . . . AC isn't working properly and I've got a call in to the guy who installed it back in 2002 to see if he can come check it out . . . always something . . .

Hope everyone else here is having a trouble-free day! :)
tardistraveler

Postby yesireebob » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:56 pm

ATM working at home as as people putter around on my property with big machines, rebuilding a wall and adding dirt to my berms. My son is home from Australia and is painting the inside of my house. So, everything inside and out is discombubulated. My son did get a couple of job interviews, I am hoping he gets a job so he can pay off his bills and get his life in order. So far, so good! Tomorrow is my boss's farewell party at the office, wondering who will fill his very large shoes and what that might mean for my caseload. Everything is in transition for me these days, but I am hopeful and grateful for my blessings.
yesireebob

Postby tribute1969 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:45 am

Slow night at work...

Busy busy this past weekend with the Music City Marathon in town and The Dave Matthews Band concert...

http://www.cmmarathon.com/home.html

There was one bad occurance...
http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/content/city-news/death-half-marathon-runner-mars-kenyan-sweep-country-music-marathon

Saw a woodchuck this morning running around the parking lot near my daughter's school and this one had a large growth hanging from it's neck about the same size as it's head...???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WAR IS OVER! IF YOU WANT IT!
John and Yoko Ono Lennon-1969
WE HAVEN'T HAD THAT SPIRIT HERE SINCE 1969...
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:31 pm

Working on refinancing a mortgage in order to make all the necessary repairs to house AC and car . . . wish me luck!

Currently at work . . . they're telling us we're going to have to move offices AGAIN to another floor - probably this fall - this will be my FOURTH move in less than 2 years! :eek:
tardistraveler

Postby tribute1969 » Fri May 01, 2009 1:58 am

At work and S-L-O-W again....busy tomorrow! :)

Hopefully you'll have AC soon and the new work floor will have a nice view!

I need some vehicle repairs too..I have had a broken driver's side door handle for 9 months now..have the new replacement handle in my trunk but am hesitat to dismantle my drivers door.."Mr Mechanic" I'm not...

tardistraveler wrote:Working on refinancing a mortgage in order to make all the necessary repairs to house AC and car . . . wish me luck!

Currently at work . . . they're telling us we're going to have to move offices AGAIN to another floor - probably this fall - this will be my FOURTH move in less than 2 years! :eek:
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby yesman90125 » Fri May 01, 2009 5:44 am

tribute1969 wrote:
Saw a woodchuck this morning running around the parking lot near my daughter's school and this one had a large growth hanging from it's neck about the same size as it's head...???

Funny, I came home a few days ago to find a Wood chuck standing in front of my front door.I walked around behind the little fellow assuming he'd scurry off in the other direction but me being there didn't phase him. I was concerned that he may be sick or something acting in such an odd way. So I retrieved a Broom from my garage and tried to shew him off. This also he found undaunting, so I used the Broom and gave him a good push 20 or so yards away from the front door. He sat for quite some time in my yard until my son arrived with his Husky , that seemed to send the little guy off into the woods. funny little creatures! very strange noises they make. I live in a wildlife preserve so we have all sorts of little critters looming around. My dogs seem to keep them out of the yard more or less. My other son 's little puppy ran after a few Deer the other day which led 7 of us into the woods with cell phones only to find the dog about 3 miles deep in the woods.

I've parted with most of my birds now as my health and that of my wife's has made it difficult for us to keep up with the attention they deserve.
We're in the process of planning to simplify our lives and move to a little house in town. I'll dearly miss this wonderfull home in such a beutiful spot with no neighbors. But again health makes it difficult to keep up with. In november I'll no longer have any minor children and my dogs are getting old so it'll be just my wife and myself soon. After 26 Years of Raising children and more than half of our lives together we will actually live alone for the first time since 1984.
I never thought I'd live to be a million.......

so that's what's been up with your friendly neighborhood Yesmen along with Semi retirement from Internet fan-forums
I love many of you dearly but it's my belief that Fan forums eventually become redundant.
having been active on this particular one since 97
I think It's time to begin to let the "Yesman90125" persona die a natural death

though your Overlord will still be available in a general forum A fun Place to be Eunoia
and I will drop by from time to time to say hello
many changes and heath issues in the last several years and frankly the last few go-rounds on the politics were enough for me
I certainly never came here to fight with anyone
especially to the degree things came to 3-6 months ago
so
off I go and if you want to keep in touch PM me or myspace me or e-mail me as your able(those of you who are myspace friends will note that my name has changed from Yesman90125 to Chris Y)
and if any of you are interested
Please consider getting involved in this forum:
http://afunplacetobe.myfreeforum.org/index.php?sid=f25bfa3522100781a42a18a7cb016489
you will more than likely see some familiar names/faces and if not meet some very good, intelligent, talented and funny People.

Luv ya
Chris
yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Fri May 01, 2009 8:09 pm

At work - fixing to leave in a few. My trunk latch is on the fritz again, and it's been pouring rain today, which is at a lull right now, so I'm going to go on home and get the trunk lid weighed down so it doesn't get full of rain.

I'm SO glad the weekend is finally here - between the home/car problems, and some issues here at work, it's been an exhausting week . . .

Nolan - I can appreciate NOT wanting to disassemble your car door . . . I'm no mechanic either . . . my dad was - one of those guys who could fix ANYTHING, but unfortunately none of it rubbed off on me . . . :rolleyes:

Chris - good to see you on the site! Don't let the politics get to you - it's just not worth it . . . sounds like your life is full of change right now, but I hope you'll find time to stop in and visit as you can . . . :)
tardistraveler

Postby tribute1969 » Fri May 01, 2009 9:10 pm

Maybe Chris can come work on car latches and door handles???
I have no political bumper stickers on my car, how about you?
Well, I do have that "Tree Hugging, Dirt Worshipper" one....

tardistraveler wrote:At work - fixing to leave in a few. My trunk latch is on the fritz again, and it's been pouring rain today, which is at a lull right now, so I'm going to go on home and get the trunk lid weighed down so it doesn't get full of rain.

I'm SO glad the weekend is finally here - between the home/car problems, and some issues here at work, it's been an exhausting week . . .

Nolan - I can appreciate NOT wanting to disassemble your car door . . . I'm no mechanic either . . . my dad was - one of those guys who could fix ANYTHING, but unfortunately none of it rubbed off on me . . . :rolleyes:

Chris - good to see you on the site! Don't let the politics get to you - it's just not worth it . . . sounds like your life is full of change right now, but I hope you'll find time to stop in and visit as you can . . . :)
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Fri May 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Peac[color=blue]ock Report[/color]

Peacock Town Council Meeting: 3 a.m.-5 a.m. Citizens of any animal group welcome. PA system available
[B)]
Peacock Flu: No known cases occuring in the region

Business seminar: "How to Make Millions by Breeding and Raising Peacocks"

Peacock Cookery: All the fine and tasty dishes one can make using all parts of the bird
[CENTER][font=Arial][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby yesman90125 » Fri May 01, 2009 10:40 pm

tardistraveler wrote:At work - fixing to leave in a few. My trunk latch is on the fritz again, and it's been pouring rain today, which is at a lull right now, so I'm going to go on home and get the trunk lid weighed down so it doesn't get full of rain.

tribute1969 wrote:Maybe Chris can come work on car latches and door handles???
I have no political bumper stickers on my car, how about you?
Well, I do have that "Tree Hugging, Dirt Worshipper" one....

You bet man -
I'll be right over in..... 9hours and 27 minutes
I already tried on the A/C but I couldn't quite reach it from WI

I need a bigger tool :eek:
in fact it's always been a problem :p
yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby tribute1969 » Sat May 02, 2009 1:02 am

OK, at 5AM the Council Meeting can shift eastward to my neighborhood which is "zoned" for livestock..The Roosters begin at sunup, the Goats begin shortly thereafter, then the Horses come out...being Saturday the School Buses will not be running so there will be a short intermission between 8am-10am. The "Spring Fling" begins at 10AM on the grounds of the elementary school down the hill from us.
Luckily, the high school moved to a new location from this location this year because in the previous 12 years the marching band and drum corps used to practice every Sat AM....8AM-11AM

Greenglade's Frog wrote:Peac[color=blue]ock Report[/color]

Peacock Town Council Meeting: 3 a.m.-5 a.m. Citizens of any animal group welcome. PA system available
[B)]

Peacock Cookery: All the fine and tasty dishes one can make using all parts of the bird
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby tribute1969 » Sat May 02, 2009 1:05 am

Sounds like we should split the cost of a bus ticket and get him down here!!

yesman90125 wrote:You bet man -
I'll be right over in..... 9hours and 27 minutes
I already tried on the A/C but I couldn't quite reach it from WI

I need a bigger tool :eek:
in fact it's always been a problem :p
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby 2Lizard4 » Sun May 03, 2009 4:39 am

I love you all, and I know I give you shit, but remember, If I cant tell you, yuor an a hole, and you cant tell me Im a dumb a, we then have a problem. A year ago I told the man I work for, that he is the biggist bunghole I know, BUT I respect him, this year, he is saving my ass from a total bunghole, who never sacrifices him self
perigee3
2Lizard4

Charter Member

Postby 2Lizard4 » Sun May 03, 2009 5:28 am

I guess that is the biggest problem I have, is those who bitch the most, but never put their life on the line
perigee3
2Lizard4

Charter Member

Postby 2Lizard4 » Sun May 03, 2009 6:24 pm

Thanks for the kind words Tardistraveler.
They are not going to fire me, or lay me off with no pay for a week. A bunch of people jumped in for my defense, I'll get a written warning. 25 years of doing this kind of stuff, I get a new boss, whos never left his desk in 20 years, and in 3 months working for him, he pulls this on me.
Good news, after spending a couple of weeks on the Navy destroyer, we got to do a test, we shot down 3 fast moving targets.
perigee3
2Lizard4

Charter Member

Postby tardistraveler » Tue May 05, 2009 5:17 pm

tribute1969 wrote:Sounds like we should split the cost of a bus ticket and get him down here!!

For sure! Even if he doesn't use his "tool" on anything, we'd still show him a good time! ;)

Actually, my basement is FULL of tools - maybe he'd find a bigger one? :p

My repair problems continue . . . still waiting to hear about the mortgage refinance so I can afford to fix the BIG things . . . the appraiser is coming tomorrow, and hopefully I can close by Friday.

Finally isolated the overheating problem in the car to a hose thingy . . . car is at the garage today - keep your fingers crossed it won't be TOO expensive!
tardistraveler

Postby tardistraveler » Tue May 05, 2009 5:18 pm

2Lizard4 wrote:Thanks for the kind words Tardistraveler.
They are not going to fire me, or lay me off with no pay for a week. A bunch of people jumped in for my defense, I'll get a written warning. 25 years of doing this kind of stuff, I get a new boss, whos never left his desk in 20 years, and in 3 months working for him, he pulls this on me.
Good news, after spending a couple of weeks on the Navy destroyer, we got to do a test, we shot down 3 fast moving targets.

Hope things settle down at work for you, and this incident quickly becomes a thing of the past.

I'm curious - what kind of targets did you use for the test?
tardistraveler

Postby tardistraveler » Tue May 05, 2009 5:21 pm

Greenglade's Frog wrote:Peac[color=blue]ock Report[/color]

[B)]

Yep - sounds like you have a new business opportunity at your doorstep! Or several! Peacock breeder, peacock chef . . . and I still think there'd be a market for those capes made with the feathers! ;)
tardistraveler

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Tue May 05, 2009 9:50 pm

tribute1969 wrote:OK, at 5AM the Council Meeting can shift eastward to my neighborhood which is "zoned" for livestock..The Roosters begin at sunup, the Goats begin shortly thereafter, then the Horses come out...being Saturday the School Buses will not be running so there will be a short intermission between 8am-10am. The "Spring Fling" begins at 10AM on the grounds of the elementary school down the hill from us.
Luckily, the high school moved to a new location from this location this year because in the previous 12 years the marching band and drum corps used to practice every Sat AM....8AM-11AM

The possibility of a trapping program will

be part of the discussion at tonight's meeting, which begins at 7 p.m."
It is actually happening, humans discussing peacock problem http://www.dailybreeze.com/ci_12293263?source=rv

In recent years, the city has seen an uptick in complaints about the birds. A recent peafowl "census" showed the population up 53 percent since a count in 2000.
[CENTER][font=Arial][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Wed May 06, 2009 8:40 pm

GG - I can't get your news story to load, but there's a slideshow of the peafowl on the site. They ARE beautiful - sad that they're annoying as well . . .
tardistraveler

Postby tribute1969 » Thu May 07, 2009 1:16 am

Found THIS humorous album at "Southern Thrift"..

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,843251,00.html

http://www.quickstopentertainment.com/2006/11/02/the-fred-hembeck-show-episode-79-wild-thing/

http://www.themadmusicarchive.com/song_details.aspx?SongID=11422

and last night...

Had a "musical" night at work last night....

Took care of Keith Anderson, Chasing Dixie and Next Stop Willowby last night.
Saw Jack White at the airport but did not get to ask him about
"Dead Weather" and my crush on Alison Mosshart from "The Kills".... lol
"Drag Me To The Devil"..lol

Trying to get tickets to see Steve Martin at The Grand Ole Opry 5/30..
He's playing cuts from his new banjo cd!

http://www.keithanderson.com/main/

http://www.myspace.com/chasingdixie

http://cdbaby.com/cd/nswillowby1

http://www.thedeadweather.com/index.html

http://www.thekills.tv/

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/steve-martin-picks-and-grins-on-banjo-album-1003934004.story

AND seeing "Spinal Tap" this Sunday at The Ryman!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby 2Lizard4 » Sat May 09, 2009 7:09 am

Spent more time at NASA this week, talked to a lot of engineers there, they wher happy global warming gives them jobs, but does not have any validaty.
perigee3
2Lizard4

Charter Member

Postby 2Lizard4 » Sat May 09, 2009 7:20 am

I work on models, like weather models. If models where anywhere near to being accurate, I would not have a job. 90 percent of my job, is correcting models, unfortunatly, the same can not be said about weather models.
perigee3
2Lizard4

Charter Member

Postby tardistraveler » Mon May 11, 2009 7:47 pm

tribute1969 wrote:
AND seeing "Spinal Tap" this Sunday at The Ryman!!

And see them we did!

They did an amazing show without all the costumes and stage trappings, short of a video screen that was put to good use . . . check out their rendition of "Stonehenge" . . . ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESEjlcx7aqg
tardistraveler

Postby tribute1969 » Tue May 12, 2009 4:48 am

Since this is comedy and it's what I am actually thinking about at this very moment..here ya are...

My impressions and another concert goer review....funny stuff..
Bethany had a blast and bought a hoody jacket and baseball jersey shirt all with various Spinal Tap logos on them....she gave the concert an "11"

*I enjoyed the "3D" portion of the show....
One concert goer was "selected" by the group to come up front and wear the only pair of "3D" glasses they had as they did their "pre-Spinal Tap" song "Flower People".This
vampy gal in black, wore an off the shoulder t-shirt and danced and wiggled to the music like a Go Go dancer...lol
The group made motions towards her as to give the impression/illusion of being in "3D", etc

* I enjoyed seeing Annette O'Toole's nipples.
She is married to Michael McKean and like in Spinal Tap where his character David St. Hubbins has his girlfriend join the Spinal Tap tour, Annette travels with this tour and performs in the "A Mighty Wind" portions of the show. It was very cool in The Ryman last night. She is a great entertainer. The other performes seem to "tolerate" her...lol

*I enjoyed how the group merged ideas for songs together that hadn't been previousily used. "Corn Wine" and the Folk song combining a mining disaster AND a train wreck, "Blood on the Coal" or something like that was thought provoking...
Sex Farm, B**ch School, Clam Caravan, Diva Fever, Loco Man and Never Did No Wanderin'...continued the combination themes..

* I enjoyed watched one of The Ryman's security guards break out into catchy dance routine during "Gimmie Some Money"...

* and finally I enjoyed the final of three encores ... "Heavy Duty" in which heavy metal guitar sounds came out of their acoustic instruments....My ears started to bleed....lol

AND

Originally Posted by tardistraveler
Well, saw this last night, and it was FANTASTIC!!!

They managed to keep ALL the humor in the performances, without the trappings of costumes and stage sets . . .

They did have a screen on which they showed a few things which "enhanced" the humor a bit . . . particularly during "Stonehenge" . . . if you thought the tiny Stonehenge with the dwarves dancing around it in the movie was funny, I think they may have outdone it with their "video" . . . lol!

They interspersed songs with some stories . . . LOVED the bit about NBC wanting to air "This Is Spinal Tap" on a Saturday late night in the 80's, and the report from a Mr. "Clotworthy" (real name - can't make THAT up) detailing all the things that would have to be cut from the movie before it aired - hysterical!

They did lots of Spinal Tap, and some Folksmen songs from "A Mighty Wind", and an outrageous cover of "Start Me Up" . . . we were laughing nonstop during the performance!

The Nashville show was enhanced by some local talent - Delbert McClinton and Bela Fleck were the more famous performers, but Nashville has NO shortage of talented musicians - glad they called on them to help out . . .

Waiting for Nolan to check in with HIS impressions . . . and did any other Yesfans catch this in YOUR town???

http://www.yesfans.com/showthread.php?p=1711264
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Tue May 12, 2009 6:56 pm

Thanks for posting my review from YF, Nolan . . . :)

It was a most excellent evening, with TONS of laughs!

ATM I'm at work, about to go to my FOURTH meeting of the day . . . :rolleyes:
tardistraveler

PreviousNext

Return to Other Skylines