[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YEStalk Discussion Forums • View topic - At This Moment Part II

At This Moment Part II

Re: At This Moment Part II

Postby tardistraveler » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:14 pm

Lizard, I hope everything works out OK for you . . . I'll keep you in my good thoughts . . . :)

Saw one of those wild turkeys the other day in MY backyard - just strutting along - lots of rabbits these days too . . . they're so cute!

CARma continues . . . having some overheating problems that have temporarily been solved, but will likely require some work next week . . . the way it goes when your car starts getting older . . . :rolleyes:
tardistraveler

Postby 2Lizard4 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:12 am

I am truely sorry, If I afennded any one, I thought this was not a political sight, but I read so many political suggestions from those here. I finally just got pissed off that they can say what they do, about peace, in their footer. and never give of them selves. I have to say, I would be truly honoured to be banned from this place. As I would be honoured to be fired for putting those who serve me, before me. I have worked for a union company for 3 years, it makes me sick, the little that they care about the people they serve. They say patriotic things, and then steal from the poor, they steal from those who really care. I have been personaly prosicutied, beause I give all that I can, I have seen others, who have givin more then me, be prosicuted by Lazy assss self serving union people. I should just get a T shirt, thatsays something that seems deep, then I d be ok. I do beleieve in the union thing, but in 20 yearss, I have onlyu seen one time, whrer a unioun hasnt screwed the tax payeres.
perigee3
2Lizard4

Charter Member

Postby 2Lizard4 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:13 am

Ban me, I would be honoured
perigee3
2Lizard4

Charter Member

Postby yesman90125 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:52 pm

yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:11 pm

tardistraveler

Postby yesireebob » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:56 pm

yesireebob

Postby tribute1969 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:45 am

Slow night at work...

Busy busy this past weekend with the Music City Marathon in town and The Dave Matthews Band concert...

There was one bad occurance...

Saw a woodchuck this morning running around the parking lot near my daughter's school and this one had a large growth hanging from it's neck about the same size as it's head...???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WAR IS OVER! IF YOU WANT IT!
John and Yoko Ono Lennon-1969
WE HAVEN'T HAD THAT SPIRIT HERE SINCE 1969...
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:31 pm

Working on refinancing a mortgage in order to make all the necessary repairs to house AC and car . . . wish me luck!

Currently at work . . . they're telling us we're going to have to move offices AGAIN to another floor - probably this fall - this will be my FOURTH move in less than 2 years! :eek:
tardistraveler

Postby tribute1969 » Fri May 01, 2009 1:58 am

Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby yesman90125 » Fri May 01, 2009 5:44 am

yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Fri May 01, 2009 8:09 pm

tardistraveler

Postby tribute1969 » Fri May 01, 2009 9:10 pm

Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Fri May 01, 2009 10:23 pm

Peac[color=blue]ock Report[/color]

Peacock Town Council Meeting: 3 a.m.-5 a.m. Citizens of any animal group welcome. PA system available
[B)]
Peacock Flu: No known cases occuring in the region

Business seminar: "How to Make Millions by Breeding and Raising Peacocks"

Peacock Cookery: All the fine and tasty dishes one can make using all parts of the bird
[CENTER][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby yesman90125 » Fri May 01, 2009 10:40 pm

yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby tribute1969 » Sat May 02, 2009 1:02 am

Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby tribute1969 » Sat May 02, 2009 1:05 am

Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby 2Lizard4 » Sun May 03, 2009 4:39 am

I love you all, and I know I give you shit, but remember, If I cant tell you, yuor an a hole, and you cant tell me Im a dumb a, we then have a problem. A year ago I told the man I work for, that he is the biggist bunghole I know, BUT I respect him, this year, he is saving my ass from a total bunghole, who never sacrifices him self
perigee3
2Lizard4

Charter Member

Postby 2Lizard4 » Sun May 03, 2009 5:28 am

I guess that is the biggest problem I have, is those who bitch the most, but never put their life on the line
perigee3
2Lizard4

Charter Member

Postby 2Lizard4 » Sun May 03, 2009 6:24 pm

perigee3
2Lizard4

Charter Member

Postby tardistraveler » Tue May 05, 2009 5:17 pm

tardistraveler

Postby tardistraveler » Tue May 05, 2009 5:18 pm

tardistraveler

Postby tardistraveler » Tue May 05, 2009 5:21 pm

tardistraveler

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Tue May 05, 2009 9:50 pm

[CENTER][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Wed May 06, 2009 8:40 pm

GG - I can't get your news story to load, but there's a slideshow of the peafowl on the site. They ARE beautiful - sad that they're annoying as well . . .
tardistraveler

Postby tribute1969 » Thu May 07, 2009 1:16 am

Found THIS humorous album at "Southern Thrift"..

and last night...

Had a "musical" night at work last night....

Took care of Keith Anderson, Chasing Dixie and Next Stop Willowby last night.
Saw Jack White at the airport but did not get to ask him about
"Dead Weather" and my crush on Alison Mosshart from "The Kills".... lol
"Drag Me To The Devil"..lol

Trying to get tickets to see Steve Martin at The Grand Ole Opry 5/30..
He's playing cuts from his new banjo cd!

AND seeing "Spinal Tap" this Sunday at The Ryman!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby 2Lizard4 » Sat May 09, 2009 7:09 am

Spent more time at NASA this week, talked to a lot of engineers there, they wher happy global warming gives them jobs, but does not have any validaty.
perigee3
2Lizard4

Charter Member

Postby 2Lizard4 » Sat May 09, 2009 7:20 am

I work on models, like weather models. If models where anywhere near to being accurate, I would not have a job. 90 percent of my job, is correcting models, unfortunatly, the same can not be said about weather models.
perigee3
2Lizard4

Charter Member

Postby tardistraveler » Mon May 11, 2009 7:47 pm

tardistraveler

Postby tribute1969 » Tue May 12, 2009 4:48 am

Since this is comedy and it's what I am actually thinking about at this very moment..here ya are...

My impressions and another concert goer review....funny stuff..
Bethany had a blast and bought a hoody jacket and baseball jersey shirt all with various Spinal Tap logos on them....she gave the concert an "11"

*I enjoyed the "3D" portion of the show....
One concert goer was "selected" by the group to come up front and wear the only pair of "3D" glasses they had as they did their "pre-Spinal Tap" song "Flower People".This
vampy gal in black, wore an off the shoulder t-shirt and danced and wiggled to the music like a Go Go dancer...lol
The group made motions towards her as to give the impression/illusion of being in "3D", etc

* I enjoyed seeing Annette O'Toole's nipples.
She is married to Michael McKean and like in Spinal Tap where his character David St. Hubbins has his girlfriend join the Spinal Tap tour, Annette travels with this tour and performs in the "A Mighty Wind" portions of the show. It was very cool in The Ryman last night. She is a great entertainer. The other performes seem to "tolerate" her...lol

*I enjoyed how the group merged ideas for songs together that hadn't been previousily used. "Corn Wine" and the Folk song combining a mining disaster AND a train wreck, "Blood on the Coal" or something like that was thought provoking...
Sex Farm, B**ch School, Clam Caravan, Diva Fever, Loco Man and Never Did No Wanderin'...continued the combination themes..

* I enjoyed watched one of The Ryman's security guards break out into catchy dance routine during "Gimmie Some Money"...

* and finally I enjoyed the final of three encores ... "Heavy Duty" in which heavy metal guitar sounds came out of their acoustic instruments....My ears started to bleed....lol

AND

Originally Posted by tardistraveler
Well, saw this last night, and it was FANTASTIC!!!

They managed to keep ALL the humor in the performances, without the trappings of costumes and stage sets . . .

They did have a screen on which they showed a few things which "enhanced" the humor a bit . . . particularly during "Stonehenge" . . . if you thought the tiny Stonehenge with the dwarves dancing around it in the movie was funny, I think they may have outdone it with their "video" . . . lol!

They interspersed songs with some stories . . . LOVED the bit about NBC wanting to air "This Is Spinal Tap" on a Saturday late night in the 80's, and the report from a Mr. "Clotworthy" (real name - can't make THAT up) detailing all the things that would have to be cut from the movie before it aired - hysterical!

They did lots of Spinal Tap, and some Folksmen songs from "A Mighty Wind", and an outrageous cover of "Start Me Up" . . . we were laughing nonstop during the performance!

The Nashville show was enhanced by some local talent - Delbert McClinton and Bela Fleck were the more famous performers, but Nashville has NO shortage of talented musicians - glad they called on them to help out . . .

Waiting for Nolan to check in with HIS impressions . . . and did any other Yesfans catch this in YOUR town???

Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Tue May 12, 2009 6:56 pm

tardistraveler

PreviousNext

Return to Other Skylines