At This Moment Part II

Re: At This Moment Part II

Postby tardistraveler » Thu May 20, 2010 6:32 pm

Things are returning to normal here in Nashville, although slowly. I've spent the last 2 weekends dealing with my basement, and there's still more to do.

Found a map today showing the floodplains in Nashville. My house is NOT in the "100-year floodplain", but half of it IS in the "500-year floodplain". I guess that theoretically means we should have another one of THESE for 500 years!

However, according to the map, we've had TWO "100-year floods" during the last 50 years, so I don't know how accurate the map is . . . ;)
tardistraveler

Postby thehallway » Fri May 21, 2010 4:22 pm

tardistraveler wrote:Things are returning to normal here in Nashville, although slowly. I've spent the last 2 weekends dealing with my basement, and there's still more to do.

Found a map today showing the floodplains in Nashville. My house is NOT in the "100-year floodplain", but half of it IS in the "500-year floodplain". I guess that theoretically means we should have another one of THESE for 500 years!

However, according to the map, we've had TWO "100-year floods" during the last 50 years, so I don't know how accurate the map is . . . ;)

HALF of your house is in the fllodplain? Well that's just awkward isn't it.
[8]
thehallway

Charter Member

Postby tardistraveler » Tue May 25, 2010 7:44 pm

thehallway wrote:HALF of your house is in the fllodplain? Well that's just awkward isn't it.

I suppose I could move it up the hill closer to the street . . . ;)
tardistraveler

Postby tardistraveler » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:29 pm

It's been a busy couple of months for me. Still cleaning here and there - the flood cleanup unearthed the REST of the stuff in the basement, so I've been chipping away at some of that.

And I've gotten to do some concerts this summer. Went on June 30 to see Renaissance and Steve Hackett in Milwaukee - FANTASTIC show! Here's the happy group that went . . . all folks that I've met on these sites!

Then July 17 we drove up to Detroit to see Dream Theater/Iron Maiden! It was a weekend drive up and back without stopping - exhausted afterwards but SO very glad I went!

This past weekend I went to see Yes-friends Will and Anita in Memphis, and we went to a pub to listen to Will's band, The Vynals - they do a terrific set of 60's music! Check them out on THIS site!

http://www.thevynals.com/fr_home.cfm

Just bought tix today to see CSN/Tom Petty here in Nashville on August 12, and I already had tix to see Porcupine Tree/Coheed & Cambria on August 22! And I'm looking to squeeze in another Chicago trip between the two to see Jon Anderson on the 19th!

So much music . . . just wish I had MORE money so I could see ALL the shows! ;)
tardistraveler

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:12 pm

wow, this Yestalk site. I remember spending have this decade on it. I think I got banned twice
DSCI0526..jpg
Beside that unmanned lifeguard station is where I hung out today, worked on my tan , went for a dip and a shorebreak bodysurf. Water 5 degrees cooler than normal...got an apartment above this beach. Played Mood for a Day at an open mic this summer- ony the over 40's in the audience recognized it. Didn't see Yess when they played at Verizon this summer or spring. Rather see Anderson.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[CENTER][font=Arial][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby thehallway » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:44 am

Greenglade's Frog wrote:wow, this Yestalk site. I remember spending have this decade on it. I think I got banned twice[ATTACH=CONFIG]1440[/ATTACH] Beside that unmanned lifeguard station is where I hung out today, worked on my tan , went for a dip and a shorebreak bodysurf. Water 5 degrees cooler than normal...got an apartment above this beach. Played Mood for a Day at an open mic this summer- ony the over 40's in the audience recognized it. Didn't see Yess when they played at Verizon this summer or spring. Rather see Anderson.

He's coming to my home town this October, for the first time ever. Looking forward to that. Yes have been to Bournemouth (which is like right next to Poole) where they debuted Tales! But other than that, any place beneath London tends to get ignored...

Then again, as the entire United Kingdom is probably smaller than California, I guess I don't have to travel as far as some Americans!
[8]
thehallway

Charter Member

Postby tardistraveler » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:27 pm

Well, I tried to go see Jon last week - instead I've gotten the great car debacle of 2010 - lol.

I was headed to Chicago last Thursday and was just shy of Louisville when my battery light came on. Called AAA who directed me to a Firestone in Louisville. Several hours and one alternator later, I headed back to Nashville, having missed my window of opportunity to see the show . . . :(

Then on Friday I was out running errands, when I heard a terrible scraping noise that steadily got worse, and the more it scraped, the less the car wanted to move. So, I managed to pull onto a side street, and called AAA once again requesting a tow . . . sigh . . . got it back yesterday with new front brakes.

So, I'm MUCH poorer at the moment, and I didn't get to see Jon . . . yet . . . there's an opportunity next month in Atlanta, so we'll see . . .

However, I DID get a phone call from Jon last night! lol Actually, it was probably from one of my Yes-friends who attended Jon's show in Detroit . . . VERY cool . . . he was singing "Sweet Dreams" . . . :)

And, I did get to see Porcupine Tree here in Nashville on Sunday night! Excellent set!
tardistraveler

Postby thehallway » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:46 pm

So many shows... (sigh)

I never knew you had a breakdown service called the AAA. Ours is just AA, so it often gets confused with Alcoholics Anonymous. :icon_drin
[8]
thehallway

Charter Member

Postby tardistraveler » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:40 pm

LOL

AAA stands for American Automobile Association. For a yearly fee, they'll come tow you if you need it, break into your car for you if you lock your keys in, stuff like that. They also offer trip information - you can call them when you're planning a trip, and they'll tell you about special deals, give you maps and stuff.

Friday afternoon here at work after a LONG week with lots of problems that folks are fussing at us about . . . :(

Meeting a Yes-friend at dinner who's coming through town, so I'm waiting on his call . . .
tardistraveler

Previous

Return to Other Skylines