At This Moment Part II

Re: At This Moment Part II

Postby tardistraveler » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:52 pm

tribute1969 wrote:AND you could turn it into YESTALK COMMUNE /WEST!!..
Tardis is already working on turning her homestead into being
YESTALK COMMUNE/EAST!!
We've actually already had two Yesfan "Gatherings" at her house....
We're into negosiations with yesireebob to get her to turn her Phoenix
desert farm into a YESTALK DESERT SPA/REHAB for those from the WEST or EAST COMMUNES to come to when needed...

Absolutely!

Yestalk Commune East is open and available for visitors . . . just let me know when . . . ;)

We've had a couple of gatherings there - it's been cool . . . :cool:
tardistraveler

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:27 pm

tribute1969 wrote:AND you could turn it into YESTALK COMMUNE /WEST!!..
Tardis is already working on turning her homestead into being
YESTALK COMMUNE/EAST!!
We've actually already had two Yesfan "Gatherings" at her house....
We're into negosiations with yesireebob to get her to turn her Phoenix
desert farm into a YESTALK DESERT SPA/REHAB for those from the WEST or EAST COMMUNES to come to when needed...

Hahahhahah, no, this house is going to be "staged" this spring (painting, carpeting, new shower stalls, clear out a lot of the furniture, etc. , ) for buyers.

Besides, it is not only mine now. I have two sisters.
[CENTER][font=Arial][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:46 pm

Greenglade's Frog wrote:Hahahhahah, no, this house is going to be "staged" this spring (painting, carpeting, new shower stalls, clear out a lot of the furniture, etc. , ) for buyers.

Besides, it is not only mine now. I have two sisters.

Understand . . . sometimes you just have to sell to deal with all the inheritance issues.

But, you can come visit Yestalk East sometime! ;)
tardistraveler

Postby tardistraveler » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:57 pm

Well, ATM the Yestalk East commune is draped in a blanket of snow . . . wish you all were here, we could play in the snow, drink cocoa, hole up in the warm house and watch some good concert DVD's . . . would be fun!

I'd make a pot of chili for you all . . . ;)

It's really rare that we get significant snow here. This started up yesterday while I was driving into work, and had gotten so bad statewide that the State closed their offices at noon.

"Bad" is a relative term here. What we call "bad" here in Tennessee would be nothing to our friends in the northeast and midwest . . . but we DID get about 3-4 inches, and since we don't get snow often, our city isn't really prepared for it - things just shut down until it melts off. Salt trucks get the main roads, but you have to get TO those main roads!

I haven't checked to see how bad my street is yet - don't HAVE to go anywhere, and I probably won't today.

Hope you all are doing great today . . . :)
tardistraveler

Postby topographic_drama1980 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:39 pm

ATM, I'm ping-ponging between here, my MySpace page, and my Facebook page. Listening to some Asia. Silent Nation.

For those interested Asia featuring John Payne are releasing their long-awaited follow up to Silent Nation this summer, finally!!! They're planning their tour for that time and asking, on their Facebook page, what songs people would like to hear, from all eras of Asia, something the original line-up would never touch with a 40-foot pole.

I'm also enjoying some milk and animal crackers. Yum. I'm going to bed soon. I have to work a short shift tonight, which I'm sure will go quickly. I'm going out to sing karaoke afterwards as well. I know that stuff's not particularly AT THIS MOMENT, but I thought I'd share this with you anyways. :D
Ascend and Create!
topographic_drama1980

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:17 pm

Here's some snow pics from Nashville . . . many of the streets here are still pretty mucky, and there's still ground cover too, even though it broke freezing yesterday.

These were taken on Saturday, after the snow had stopped. We wound up getting about 3 inches.

This is my house, taken from the street. My front yard slopes down to the house, and as you can see, my driveway CAN'T be seen, so my car is parked on the street, as shown in THIS one . . .

And this one is the view up the street, in the direction my car is facing. You can tell the road is a sheet of ice, and the street goes around a curve and uphill. But, it WAS pretty! :)

tardistraveler

Postby tardistraveler » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:19 pm

topographic_drama1980 wrote:ATM, I'm ping-ponging between here, my MySpace page, and my Facebook page. Listening to some Asia. Silent Nation.

For those interested Asia featuring John Payne are releasing their long-awaited follow up to Silent Nation this summer, finally!!! They're planning their tour for that time and asking, on their Facebook page, what songs people would like to hear, from all eras of Asia, something the original line-up would never touch with a 40-foot pole.

Josh, why don't you start a thread about this over in Alternate Tunes? I actually like the Payne incarnation better than the "original" lineup, and some of their tunes during that period were VERY cool . . . :cool:
tardistraveler

Postby thehallway » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:33 pm

Nice pics by the way. Like a scene from Fargo!

If we had snow like that over here in our mild, boring country, everyone would be panicking like hell! :)
[8]
thehallway

Charter Member

Postby tribute1969 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:19 pm

Here are some snowy scenes from east of Nashville.....

I have a natural amphitheater for outside concerts in my backyard, ala YESSTOCK for the upcoming commune days...

Since we finally got enough snow to have some fun in, here are the pics..

http://s780.photobucket.com/albums/yy82/MJWinter2010/
WAR IS OVER! IF YOU WANT IT!
John and Yoko Ono Lennon-1969
WE HAVEN'T HAD THAT SPIRIT HERE SINCE 1969...
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby tribute1969 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:21 pm

Nashville and surrounding area did such a good job at keeping the roads clear! NOT!
Since we don't get these types of snow falls often, every 4-5 years, we just have to wait out mother nature....
School is finally back in tomorrow!! YEAH!!

tardistraveler wrote:Here's some snow pics from Nashville . . . many of the streets here are still pretty mucky, and there's still ground cover too, even though it broke freezing yesterday.

These were taken on Saturday, after the snow had stopped. We wound up getting about 3 inches.

This is my house, taken from the street. My front yard slopes down to the house, and as you can see, my driveway CAN'T be seen, so my car is parked on the street, as shown in THIS one . . .

And this one is the view up the street, in the direction my car is facing. You can tell the road is a sheet of ice, and the street goes around a curve and uphill. But, it WAS pretty! :)

WAR IS OVER! IF YOU WANT IT!
John and Yoko Ono Lennon-1969
WE HAVEN'T HAD THAT SPIRIT HERE SINCE 1969...
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby guilddigger » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:02 am

Three inches? Pah!
We have nearly three feet.
Last Sunday we got over one foot and I barely made it home from rehearsals as the snowplows had a hard time to keep the roads clear.
And there will be more coming tomorrow...
"heaven is all around translated to sound" - michael hedges
guilddigger

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:50 pm

guilddigger wrote:Three inches? Pah!
We have nearly three feet.
Last Sunday we got over one foot and I barely made it home from rehearsals as the snowplows had a hard time to keep the roads clear.
And there will be more coming tomorrow...

LOL - yes, I'm sure 3 inches isn't diddly-squat to you guys!

You just have to understand, that snow is RARE around here. Most years we don't get any - maybe enough to just slick up the streets, but actual accumulation hardly ever happens. The last time was in 2003 when we got EIGHT inches! :eek:

Nobody knows how to drive in it, the city doesn't have the equipment to deal with it - it would be used so seldom that it's not cost-effective to have it. So, the city just pretty much shuts down until the roads are clear enough to drive. A few hardy souls get to their places of business, so you'll find some stores open and all, but for the most part, no one goes anywhere until it's melted . . . :p
tardistraveler

Postby guilddigger » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:43 am

Of course my 'pah' was very much toungue-in-cheek.
I'm very aware of the difference, we expect the snow and have equipment for it and most people know how to drive in it (but not everybody, see pic).

We have noticed the climate change the last years. Normally the snow comes in late November, but last X-mas was the first white one in five years.

Instead, this year we got a lot of snow in January in a short time and it was chaotic for a while, as only the major roads were cleared from the one foot plus deep snow. So, no matter how used you are, without a tank it's nearly impossible to burst through that.

On top of that we have had very cold weather as well for a long ongoing period with temps dropping to -13 F or lower and ships are stuck in the ice.

So, I don't blame you one bit!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
guilddigger

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:36 pm

guilddigger wrote:Of course my 'pah' was very much toungue-in-cheek.
I'm very aware of the difference, we expect the snow and have equipment for it and most people know how to drive in it (but not everybody, see pic).

We have noticed the climate change the last years. Normally the snow comes in late November, but last X-mas was the first white one in five years.

Instead, this year we got a lot of snow in January in a short time and it was chaotic for a while, as only the major roads were cleared from the one foot plus deep snow. So, no matter how used you are, without a tank it's nearly impossible to burst through that.

On top of that we have had very cold weather as well for a long ongoing period with temps dropping to -13 F or lower and ships are stuck in the ice.

So, I don't blame you one bit!

Yikes! I've only experienced that much cold once - normally here it rarely drops below 20 F, but one year back in the 80's it snowed, dropped into the teens, and then overnight it dropped to -17 F, where it stayed ALL DAY!

I had been out the night before - walked in the snow up to the store. I was dressed for the cold, and did fine. The next morning I put on the SAME clothes, and was going to go somewhere, stepped outside and YOW! Dang, it was cold! Couldn't figure out why I was so cold, when I hadn't been the night before, until I went back inside and turned on the weather - it was -17! :eek:

Hasn't been that cold here since - actually, I don't think it's dropped below zero since.

What do they do about the ships stuck in the ice? Do they evacuate the crew?
tardistraveler

Postby thehallway » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:06 pm

Maybe they go ice skating? :D
[8]
thehallway

Charter Member

Postby guilddigger » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:39 pm

I suppose the icebreakers are working around the clock to keep the ship routes clear.
Actually the temp dropped tonight and its 'only' in the neighborhood of 25 F.
But ice skating is an option as good as any I guess!
guilddigger

Starship Trooper

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:18 am

Nice and dry after the rain
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:43 pm

Went for a walk before it rains tomorow.
Had a taco salad. Something fishy about those 75cent canned refried beans.
Practised guitar.
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:15 pm

GG, looks WARM where you are! Nice!

It's cold here again - had some snow last night - enough to cover the ground by this morning a bit, but it's all melted since it's been above freezing today. Not by much though, and the wind is icy . . . supposed to be about the same all week.

I'm ready for SPRING!!!!
tardistraveler

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:38 am

surfboard smalle .jpg
Looking forward to both moving and trying out my new surfboard. 9'9". Once the water gets to about 64F.
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:25 pm

Cool - enjoy the surf!

We had spring weather last weekend, but now it's back to COLD around here . . .

MORE SPRING!!! Can't wait!
tardistraveler

Postby N2yes » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:12 am

Preparing a 3-month relocation to Ohio ( for business purposes ). So, having been there ( no offense to any Buckeye ), I'm not sure what I'll be doing when not working. According to Chrissy Hynde, must be alot of shopping malls which don't really do much for me. Any suggestions?
"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"
N2yes

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:15 pm

Whereabouts in Ohio, N2?

There might be some good concerts in your vicinity, or some other fans you could hook up with, depending on the location.
tardistraveler

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:04 am

Relocated to a small apartment a short walk from the beach. No view, except directly into surrounding apartment windows. Can hear the surf from balcony.

Carried my 10 foot heavy surfboard to the beach. Water is cold. Paddle around a bit. Should have worn wetsuit at least halfway on while walking down there. Had to fit into this tiny spring suit with a towel around me.

Unpacking. No dishwasher. Got a new fridge from Best Buy.

Rode my bike to pier.
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:17 pm

Bummer about the lack of dishwasher . . . :(

At least you're close to the beach, which is cool! I wish I could see the ocean more often than I do - it's very calming . . .
tardistraveler

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:03 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlC2lklYIPg

I have been archiving family VHS. Above is clip of Super8 film my dad made of me and friends surfing in Santa Barbara back in '77. It was a sound film, so I recorded Howe doing Mood for a Day onto the original Super8 film.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HlC2lklYIPg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HlC2lklYIPg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:11 pm

Very cool! I had all my family movies transferred to VHS in the early 80's, then transferred THAT to DVD back in 2001. No sound though - was just regular 8 mm stuff starting with Christmas, 1956, through Christmas 1967, I believe. After that my sister and I were apparently too grown up to make "cute" home movies anymore - lol

It's fun to have that record of the time, and be able to show it to my son too . . . :D

There's a couple of Florida trips during that time too, so there's some "beach" movies . . . :cool:
tardistraveler

Postby tardistraveler » Wed May 05, 2010 9:08 pm

ATM I and many others are coping with the aftermath of a HUGE flood here in Nashville - it's been unprecedented. A record two-day rainfall wreaked havoc here.

I've posted the details on THIS thread . . .

http://forum.yestalk.org/showthread.php?7047-Flood-in-Nashville-Tennessee!
tardistraveler

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Mon May 17, 2010 5:36 pm

tardistraveler wrote:ATM I and many others are coping with the aftermath of a HUGE flood here in Nashville - it's been unprecedented. A record two-day rainfall wreaked havoc here.

I've posted the details on THIS thread . . .

http://forum.yestalk.org/showthread.php?7047-Flood-in-Nashville-Tennessee!

Wow, saw that on the news. Good luck
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Mon May 17, 2010 5:37 pm

Now playing: Ancestral Voyage by Dreamship, Ed Schaum.

I won this in a YT contest.

Seems to be about his family...
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

PreviousNext

Return to Other Skylines