[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YEStalk Discussion Forums • View topic - At This Moment Part II

At This Moment Part II

Re: At This Moment Part II

Postby yesman90125 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:50 pm

yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:22 pm

[CENTER][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby tribute1969 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:51 am

WAR IS OVER! IF YOU WANT IT!
John and Yoko Ono Lennon-1969
WE HAVEN'T HAD THAT SPIRIT HERE SINCE 1969...
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:46 am

tardistraveler

Postby yesireebob » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:27 pm

yesireebob

Postby 2Lizard4 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:10 am

I will pray for JJ
perigee3
2Lizard4

Charter Member

Postby tribute1969 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:00 pm

Retired "Wood Henge" yesterday..
Moved the pieces to a wood pile next door..
Now I know what the Druids or whomever moved those heavy stones
felt like...I am sore and tired......
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:58 pm

Too bad we couldn't have assembled Woodhenge at the Yesstock campgrounds for future gatherings . . . we could have summoned that "Arriving UFO" . . . ;)

J.J. came home from the hospital on Saturday, so I'm a 24/7 nurse now until he gets more functional - he needs assistance getting in/out of bed/chairs, pillows tucked for support, ice packs on his right hip that's really hurting him a lot, bandages changed - you name it!

His dad is staying with him during the day so I can go to work . . . then I'll go home and do it all over again . . .

The GOOD news is that he's healing very well, no fever, and is moving under his own power more and more. We have a follow-up appointment with the orthopedist on 8/20. It's just slow progress - he gets a little bit better each day . . . keep us in good thoughts that he keeps healing as he should, and doesn't require so much attention during the night so I can get some sleep too . . . lol
tardistraveler

Postby yesireebob » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:30 am

Great news, Diane!
yesireebob

Postby tardistraveler » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:06 pm

Two steps forward . . . one step back . . .

J.J. had a great day yesterday - he's getting in and out of bed on his own now, wasn't hurting when I got home from work, laughing at the TV . . .

Then just as I was about to crash on the couch, he had a major pain episode . . . then another in the middle of the night . . . and again about 6:30 am . . . sigh . . .

Hope these stop . . . I've asked his dad to stay tonight so I can get a full night's sleep - haven't had one since Thursday . . .
tardistraveler

Postby tribute1969 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:32 pm

Hopefully all will be well soon Diane, enjoy your cat naps if and when you get them!

Just got through watched a tape on a new MTV show that my nephew is in..
see link below if interested....

Tomorrow is the first day of the school year around these parts, be it a 2 hour day.
Full time classes begin next Monday! YEAH, all the kids will be elsewhere during the day!

Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:06 pm

tardistraveler

Postby 2Lizard4 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:41 am

perigee3
2Lizard4

Charter Member

Postby 2Lizard4 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:45 am

perigee3
2Lizard4

Charter Member

Postby tardistraveler » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:32 pm

tardistraveler

Postby 2Lizard4 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:31 am

Fare the well, my own true love.
fare well for awhile, Im gone away.
But I'll be back, tho I go 10,ooo miles.
!0.000 miles, my own true love.
10,000 miles or more.
The rocks may bend, and the seas may burst, If I should not return.
Oh dont you see, that lonesome dove, sitting on an Ivory tree.
Shes weeping for, er own true love, as I will wait for mine.
perigee3
2Lizard4

Charter Member

Postby tardistraveler » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:55 pm

J.J.'s doing MUCH better - he's sleeping most of the night, and so am I . . . lol

He's able to get up and down by himself, and sit up for longer periods. Things are going well. He has a follow up with the surgeon on 8/20, so we'll know more then as to the success and what he'll be able to do over the next few months . . . :)
tardistraveler

Postby tribute1969 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:38 pm

Going to work soon...got a laugh out of THIS!

"Angry Jon"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting name of a group..

Wonder if there's an "Angry Benoit David" group too!?

Anyway they were playing in support of "Metal Elvis" in AZ soon and I received this email...

I've seen "Metal Elvis" and he puts on a great show..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:17 pm

tardistraveler

Postby tribute1969 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:24 am

Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:41 pm

tardistraveler

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:27 pm

[CENTER][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:55 pm

tardistraveler

Postby tardistraveler » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:38 pm

tardistraveler

Postby tribute1969 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:38 am

The Greenglade AND Tardis postings of partying, getting tall, etc reminded me of this:
and I recently enjoyed watching Grace Slick sing this in '69..at Woodstock...

Watched part of "Festival Express-1970" today as well..

WHITE RABBIT -- Jefferson Airplane
One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice
When she's ten feet tall

And if you go chasing rabbits
And you know you're going to fall
Tell 'em a hookah smoking caterpillar
Has given you the call
Call Alice
When she was just small

When men on the chessboard
Get up and tell you where to go
And you've just had some kind of mushroom
And your mind is moving low
Go ask Alice
I think she'll know

When logic and proportion
Have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's "off with her head!"
Remember what the dormouse said:
"Feed your head
Feed your head
Feed your head"
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:22 pm

tardistraveler

Postby 2Lizard4 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:16 am

perigee3
2Lizard4

Charter Member

Postby 2Lizard4 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:09 am

I love bands that play simple music, that just makes you feel good. But some of the worthless crap I have heard over the years, from those who are so screwed up blows my mind. Now there must be some one who thinks that bands, that are even chastized by their own band members for writting music on acid, and admired by those who took drugs, must have something to ay to my comment. Except when you are so bad, you cant deal with this life, you have to take acid and abuse women, to make your mark, like Ted Kennedy, then your OK.
perigee3
2Lizard4

Charter Member

Postby tribute1969 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:13 pm

Atonement is a good thing....I think Ted Kennedy did his share of trying to pay back society for all his mistakes/abuses over the years..or maybe he just felt like he needed to make some good karma for others after seeing what happened to his brothers...He always had to keep one eye on the door of any room he was in just to see who/what was coming after him all those years...
At least he didn't just say he was "born again" and just pushed the reset button....like "W" did...as if it never happened...

I'm a oddity that I enjoyed the psychodelic music movement but have never taken any illegal or mind altering drugs..I just never bought into the drug use liefstyle/enlightenment thing....I just like the way most music makes me feel..I get off on the sonic thing...It is SAD that so many talented folks wasted their gifts and gave their lives to pursue that lifestyle...
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:24 pm

I too have never found it necessary to take drugs to enjoy music, and it's sad that so many have lost their lives and deprived the world of their talents because they pursued the drugs with intensity.

That said, I think those folks managed to make some great music DESPITE the drugs - I love most of the music coming out of that era . . . just sorry that some folks did the drugs to excess . . . :(

Some great music though - that lives on . . . :)

Things have settled a bit in my world . . . J.J.'s struggling a little managing the back pain - it comes and goes - while he's going to school and dealing with that workload. Hopefully things will continue to improve for him.

Our move here at work is complete, and my new office is settled in.

Looking forward to a relaxed Labor Day weekend . . . ;)
tardistraveler

PreviousNext

Return to Other Skylines