At This Moment Part II

At This Moment Part II

Postby Roan's Lady » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:41 am

After over two thousand posts, we are starting a new thread. So what's happening? :)
hope's as high as the sun today...
~moon safari
Roan's Lady

Postby tribute1969 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:16 pm

Listening to a concert I went to last weekend...too funny...
Hayseed Dixie Live-Nashville 5/25/07
http://www.archive.org/details/hd2007-05-25
Going to see Adrian Belew and his "Power Trio" 6/19/07
http://www.adrianbelew.net

It's the Weekend, so yard work, cleaning the pool and dealing with the assortment of females crawling all over this place...6 year olds, 15 year olds and above....a birthday party for my 15 year old, a wedding and reception for a gal name "Misty"...sounds like a stripper...maybe at the reception.... :cool:
WAR IS OVER! IF YOU WANT IT!
John and Yoko Ono Lennon-1969
WE HAVEN'T HAD THAT SPIRIT HERE SINCE 1969...
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby Roan's Lady » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:10 pm

I'm listening to a band called "Taurus" from the Netherlands - not to be confused with the band called "Taurus" from North Carolina. :)
We're going to NYC to see my father-in-law, who is in the hospital, recovering well from intestinal surgery. I will miss the new addition to our family (see below) so much while we're gone!

[CENTER]Image
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Emma
[/CENTER]
~moon safari
Roan's Lady

Postby N2yes » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:25 pm

After having been unjustifiably dismissed from a position for showing compassion to an Alzheimer's patient ( i went to see her in the hospital and was subsequently discharged but given an offer to relocate to Minneapolis which I declined----trying selling a home in the Northeast! ), I am back in the employment saddle again after two depressing weeks off. Better place, better pay, better benefits....what can I say? I don' think it was luck, but rather an attempt by the forces that be to set things right after a ludicrous event that nature herself abhorred.
So, feeling pretty good and ever-so-willing to re-engage with all the devoted YES fans.
"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"
N2yes

Starship Trooper

Postby Roan's Lady » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:16 pm

N2yes wrote:After having been unjustifiably dismissed from a position for showing compassion to an Alzheimer's patient ( i went to see her in the hospital and was subsequently discharged but given an offer to relocate to Minneapolis which I declined----trying selling a home in the Northeast! ), I am back in the employment saddle again after two depressing weeks off. Better place, better pay, better benefits....what can I say? I don' think it was luck, but rather an attempt by the forces that be to set things right after a ludicrous event that nature herself abhorred.
So, feeling pretty good and ever-so-willing to re-engage with all the devoted YES fans.

Chris, that is wonderful news, I couldn't be happier for you! :)
And of course, ever-so-pleased to hear of your re-engagement! I look forward as always to your good words. :)
~moon safari
Roan's Lady

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:22 pm

Went to a street fair with one of my old elementary shcool friends who started drinking beer immediately and we watched a cajun rock band then a Steely Dan tribute band, both good but the soundboard dude turned up the volume so loud that I had to leave a few hours later as my ears couldn't take it.
Then my friend called me up later so I could be designated driver and take him to drink about 4 whiskey cokes and 4 beers while he flirted with chicks older than us and I got forced to go on the dance floor, where I danced to a classic rock band by a fitness trainer.
[CENTER][font=Arial][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

I'm not satisfied with my weekends

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:51 pm

I dunno, I end up with my drunk friend at some bar for people mostly over 40 and way above and he's trying to scam on every woman there indisriminately and he gets pushy towards me and obnoxious when he drinks, but tones it down for the women, who are usually buzzed , too, and I'm like going dude, aren't we slumming or whatever and it all doesn't lead to pleasurable expereince..
So, I work all week to go out at night for more stress, doesn't make sense
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:12 am

The Russian woman came over for business. She was three hours late, and I was a irritated on the phone...then I saw her for the first time and I'm like, Beavis I think we're in heaven.....
Hard to concentrate on the business dicusssion and she was married anyway.....boo--hoooooo :eek:
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby stinky britches » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:48 pm

Roan's Lady wrote:So what's happening?
contemplating my crispy sunburnt nose and wishing I'd bought sunblock :o
stinky britches

Postby Kalingzeye » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:59 pm

Being very annoyed with HP. After a week of repairs after being sent back to HP, my laptop arrived home today with a new CPU fan- the problem I was originally having was an overheating problem. I got my laptop back only to have it die upon startup- how is it that I get my laptop back from repairs in WORSE condition than it was when I sent it? At least with a broken fan I could start my computer and use it. Now I have to go through all this system registry information to troubleshoot this new problem I have thanks to HP... Love the company, but what the HECK. It's just a really frustrating waste of my time. (To think, they didn't even test to see if my computer would turn ON before sending it back to me "repaired" with a new fan? Thanks guys.) Ugh. :mad:
Kalingzeye

GREENGLADES EXCELLENT BIKE ADVENTURE

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:41 pm

Oh, Kalingseye, stop complaining :jestera: :jestera: Juuuuus kidding, jussssst kidding!

GREENGLADE'S EXCELLENT BIKE ADVENTURE

Took these pics from my bike today, world record - 30 minutes from my house to the coast!

Links:
More pics
And more pics
Even more pics
More pics part II
And yet more pics
And some more!
One more pic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby tribute1969 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:23 am

The summer school vacation season is upon me....3 to 5 fifthteen year old girls sleeping over constantly, we have a large secluded yard with a trampoline and pool so the 17 year old geek kid from two doors down and who can driver has figured he has struck the "mother load" this summer.....
He carts them to the local mall and eating establishments during the day...
When they're not staying here, or it's a "concert" night, myself and the other parents involved are taking them to Nashville to the teenage hangouts of a skateboaed park (an inside one) and the adjoining music venue...ROCKETOWN......Night before last they went to see "Kill Whitney Dead" and "As Hell Retreats"....

Then there is the 6 year old and her "Brats" doll collection and cousin who is always over as well.....Pool, trampoline and ONE bathroom until the basement is renovated...

PLEASE HELP........
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

All right!!!!!

Postby Mr. Stout » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:08 pm

N2yes wrote:After having been unjustifiably dismissed from a position for showing compassion to an Alzheimer's patient ( i went to see her in the hospital and was subsequently discharged but given an offer to relocate to Minneapolis which I declined----trying selling a home in the Northeast! ), I am back in the employment saddle again after two depressing weeks off. Better place, better pay, better benefits....what can I say? I don' think it was luck, but rather an attempt by the forces that be to set things right after a ludicrous event that nature herself abhorred.
Chris, Im sorry to hear about what happened, but Im glad youre back in the saddle again. When you are a nice person, good things will come through for you. I firmly believe that.
Mr. Stout

Veteran Member

Location: dividing time between Staten Island N.Y. and Freehold N.J.

Postby Mr. Stout » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:10 pm

Roan's Lady wrote:I'm listening to a band called "Taurus" from the Netherlands - not to be confused with the band called "Taurus" from North Carolina. :)
We're going to NYC to see my father-in-law, who is in the hospital, recovering well from intestinal surgery. I will miss the new addition to our family (see below) so much while we're gone!

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Emma[/CENTER]
Best wishes to your father in law and congrats on your new addition. She`s cute!
Mr. Stout

Veteran Member

Location: dividing time between Staten Island N.Y. and Freehold N.J.

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:59 pm

I'm totally stoked Paris Hilton is out of jail :D
Just heard the news, and I'm relieved she's free from that heinous sentence by Judge Sauer.

SB's got boring today , so I took a pic of myself after a few sips of my cappuccino. Man, cameras add weight !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby Roan's Lady » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:39 pm

Mr. Stout wrote:Best wishes to your father in law and congrats on your new addition. She`s cute!

Thank you, Chris! :)
My father-in-law is doing better. He should be home from the hospital on Saturday. Puppy Emma, on the other hand, is still fighting this illness (probably bronchitis) she was diagnosed with last week. Adding insult to injury is the fact that yesterday, she received four vaccines. This has probably compromised her further. We've been giving her antibiotics for a week, and she'd been doing better - up until a few hours after she had the vaccines. Now she is lethargic and coughing again. We are about halfway through the anitbiotics - but if she's not better by tomorrow, it's another call to the vet.
~moon safari
Roan's Lady

Postby Roan's Lady » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:40 pm

Mr. Stout wrote:Best wishes to your father in law and congrats on your new addition. She`s cute!

Thank you, Chris! :)
My father-in-law is doing better. He should be home from the hospital on Saturday. Puppy Emma, on the other hand, is still fighting this illness (probably bronchitis) she was diagnosed with last week. Adding insult to injury is the fact that yesterday, she received four vaccines. This has probably compromised her further. We've been giving her antibiotics for a week, and she'd been doing better - up until a few hours after she had the vaccines. Now she is lethargic and coughing again. We are about halfway through the antibiotics - but if she's not better by tomorrow, it's another call to the vet.
~moon safari
Roan's Lady

Postby tribute1969 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:47 am

Paris under "house arrest".....Sounds like GF wants to be her cellmate and home school her.....Nice "signal" going out to all the other folks with minds like 15 year olds.....I've got 4 under "house arrest" right now.....lol

Diane's kitty cat "Jessica" or known at the last SE YesFan Gathering....
"Ms Satan" has regretfully passed away...She was involved in the internet/web cam experience of that gathering, coming out to perform "solo" when everyone else was gone for all the "die-hards" to view when tuning in on the off hours. She was recently featured in a thread called "Demon Possessed Pets" too....Surely Satan is running for his life right now!

and it was 40 years ago today....
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18871476/
and 39 years ago yesterday that "Bobby" Kennedy was assassinated....
Go see that movie when it comes out again in pay per view or dvd!

Wonder what Paris is watching right about now!!??
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby Kalingzeye » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:53 am

Watchin my boyfriend play Kingdom Hearts 2. Great game.

Paris is out of jail for some bullshit reason. Most juvenile thing I've ever heard of. I'm trying my hardest not to lose all my faith in our judicial system, but things are certainly looking bleak. :confused:

My laptop's still broken. BLAH.

Just had some awesome fettuccine alfredo. Mmmm...
Kalingzeye

Postby N2yes » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:36 am

Roan's Lady wrote:Chris, that is wonderful news, I couldn't be happier for you! :)
And of course, ever-so-pleased to hear of your re-engagement! I look forward as always to your good words. :)

Thanks, Amy! greatly appreciated words of support!
"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"
N2yes

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:06 pm

tribute1969 wrote:Diane's kitty cat "Jessica" or known at the last SE YesFan Gathering.... "Ms Satan" has regretfully passed away...She was involved in the internet/web cam experience of that gathering, coming out to perform "solo" when everyone else was gone for all the "die-hards" to view when tuning in on the off hours. She was recently featured in a thread called "Demon Possessed Pets" too....Surely Satan is running for his life right now!

That's right - Jessica's taking over "down below" . . . ;)

Actually, she had a sweet side too that she didn't show to many people. She liked me, and would lay on me and purr at night and sleep on top of me. She didn't take much to other people - it was a rare person who could befriend Jessica. Her hissing was made famous during our gathering - all those people invading HER house!

I'll really miss her - we had her for 11 years, and I loved her a lot.
tardistraveler

Postby Kalingzeye » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:56 am

Still watchin the bf play Kingdom Hearts 2. Damn this is a long game... he's already got 30some hours of gametime on it. :eek: He's finishing the Tron level right now. Good movie, too...

Apparently Paris is going back to jail, which is a good thing. What horrible behaviour on her part, though, really. How old is she, 5? ;)

My laptop's... still broken.

My mom's studio's big group of dance recitals is this coming week and it's really insane around the house. T-shirts and merchandise everywhere, looooots of last minute Photoshop and Powerpoint work, backdrops, props, costumes... eiiiiiick. And I get to help! :rolleyes: Lucky me.
Kalingzeye

Postby tribute1969 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:09 pm

Going outside to weed eat, with a weedeater....lol
I already have a touch of poison oak/ivy and I have no idea where it's from.

Just realizing that:
40 Years Ago Today-Sgt Peppers was out to much fanfare like Pirates of The Carib, etc and I was 15 years old (approx. mental age of Paris Hilton) and I was at the beach for most of the summer- learning to play.....and wearing that album out too..."reprise".....
This summer I have a daughter that is 15.....I am in for it me thinks.....

Wonder how GF is holding out on his vigil outside the "Twin Towers" waiting for Paris to be re-released......just kidding, to each his own....

There are weeds that ned to whacked so off I go........buzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby tribute1969 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:38 pm

Pool is cleaned, weeds are whacked ..time for rest, relaxation and reflection..

Went to a relatives birthday party last night and spoke at lenght with his grandfather (who is origianlly from Belgium) about WWII, the German (G8 talk brought it up), V1 and V2 rockets at the end of the war flying and crashing near his home and school (the tear in the wing of the space shuttle brought that up, Iran, North Korea, Iraq possibilities brought that up) ) and the new leadership in France (Bush leaving office not soon enough brought that up) He said that for thousands of years that Belgium has been "divided" by having three distinct cultures, languages, traditions but have somehow remained "united" nationally and have learned to live together and work thru their many differences....(Send the "leaders" of the War on Terror to Brussles to figure out a "plan"...???)
He had the most interesting stories about the Nazi occupation in the town he lived in during the war.....scary and interesting.....He and his family still conduct business in Europe but he is so glad he has lived in America the past 30 years and reminds us natives each day what an great place we live as well. He said the Belgium elections are soon...his family still get to vote by proxy and he says the voter turnout is almost 100% there......
He does NOT understand the Paris Hilton situation and interest at all..... :cool:

RFK killed 39 years ago..
Sgt Peppers released 40 years ago this week
and
next week...also 40 years ago....
Monterey Pop Festival 1967 took place.....
Introducing: Jimi Hendrix, The Who and Janis Joplin to the world.....
A new cd and dvd of the movie will be out....IF you haven't seen it, do yourself and favor and get both.....burn some inscense, kick back and see
these icons make their first major debuts...and there's alot more great music performances on this dvd as well.....
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby Kalingzeye » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:29 am

Been watchin a lot of music videos these past two days or so... man, I forgot how much I missed these channels when I was at college. MTV, MTV2, 3... VH1 Classic... flippin awesome. The music videos coming out nowadays are so, to use a new vocabulary word of mine, "poppin"! ;)

I ♥ music.

...and videos. xD
Kalingzeye

Postby YesFan01 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:11 pm

Right now seeking reviews for Genesis show yesterday in Helsinki: saw the set list.....kinda iffy about it. Not digging the medley thing....it's looking like Ripples, Los Endos, Carpet Crawlers might do it for me....Did not really care to see Phil's face on a large screen singing "Mama" and might get sick during "I can't dance". Don't know.....digging around for more diversified reviews to see if I go or sell my ticket. At this point after seeing the Musical Box do the songs that I want to hear, don't know if I really need this show.....
YesFan01

Postby tribute1969 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:14 pm

I guess it's like if only the YES West lineup went out for the 40th Anny concert tour....too bad Hacket and Gabriel couldn't join them for a few shows and CONCERT FILM/CD.....hint hint.. :cool:

YesFan01 wrote:Right now seeking reviews for Genesis show yesterday in Helsinki: saw the set list.....kinda iffy about it. Not digging the medley thing....it's looking like Ripples, Los Endos, Carpet Crawlers might do it for me....Did not really care to see Phil's face on a large screen singing "Mama" and might get sick during "I can't dance". Don't know.....digging around for more diversified reviews to see if I go or sell my ticket. At this point after seeing the Musical Box do the songs that I want to hear, don't know if I really need this show.....
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby tribute1969 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:10 am

Summer Of Love- 40 years later has begun...
Bonneroo '07 going on down the road from Nashville...
maybe I will go in '08 and see YES and King Crimson tour again too...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_of_Love

Lots of cool links here...
A few of us lived thru it and still remember it....lol

http://www.bonnaroo.com/

I'll be painting the basement so my "Crimson Room" can come out of "exile"
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby Kalingzeye » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:19 pm

Blegh, blegh, blegh, happy summer to me. The first day kicked off with the start of my two online classes, which I'm actually quite nervous about. Never done online classes before, and it's pretty weird... I'm quite out of my classroom element, hehe. ;) But I did get to do a lot of freakin shopping and got a lot of really good deals yesterday. Who knew clothing was so cheap nowadays? You just gotta know where to look. :eek:
I get to see ASIA tonight at the KESWICK!!! OMGGGGGGGGG~
(I really have no clue what to expect- I don't even have their music yet cuz my computer's been down- but I know it'll be totally awesome! Aaaand I get to meet some of my dad's YESfriends from work for the first time! WOOT YESFRIENDS!)
Kalingzeye

Postby tribute1969 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:59 am

Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Next

Return to Other Skylines