[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YEStalk Discussion Forums • View topic - When do you spend money?

When do you spend money?

When do you spend money?

Postby YesFan01 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:47 pm

How do you spend your money? Not your bills etc. but your "spend"....do you buy when you're depressed? When you're happy? Or when you feel you deserve something? I'm generally not a big spender, I like to get some new clothes each season, but I bargain hunt, I hate to spend a lot of money when I can find it cheaper somewhere else! I spend on flowers in the summer too.....can't have enough! Love to see them everywhere and I love to water them in the morning. How about anybody else?
YesFan01

Re: When do you spend money?

Postby Dr_Yes » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:11 pm

I have a stupidly large mortgage and a young family so spending money on non-essential items is something of a rarity.

That said, I do like to buy CDs, books and DVDs when I can justify it and have recently bought a few Gong albums, some Porcupine Tree stuff and The Short Stories of Saki (HH Munro).

I tend to fall into the "I need to cheer myself up so I'll buy something" category.

Other major purchases are for the house: new fence to keep young children safe from the stream that runs along the back of our home; washing machine, after ours died. That kind of thing.

I occasionally get envious of people jetting off to the Bahamas or other sunny climes and think that maybe we'll get a week away on a campsite in Dorset, but in the main we're happy. And that's priceless.

[/CENTER]
Dr_Yes

Postby yesman90125 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:33 pm

Pretty much the same Deal Cd's Books DVD's
clothes a couple of times a year
Presents on birthdays
I don't Spend out of guilt or depression or anything
if something new comes out that I'm really into I get it
I have tended to order things online more and more
hardware and things I need for the house I get at Home Depot or Walmart pretty much
being that I work with tools
thats Probably my biggest expense
I'm not much of a bargain hunter I try to get the best of things when I do get them
I spose not buying things often makes me a conservative spender
yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:37 pm

I probably tend to spend more when I'm happy and excited . . . :D

When I'm depressed, nothing seems like the right thing, and I hate to shop.
tardistraveler

Postby sound_chaser » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:56 pm

sound_chaser

Postby sound_chaser » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:04 pm

sound_chaser

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:37 pm

Major purchases for me monthly are : Junk food at local mini-mart, like Cheetos and Cornuts, Pepsi or Coke, Snapple ice tea, Fritos.
Then, of course, about 2 cartons of cigs per month.

Then gas, maybe $45 a month. Don't drive much.

Food: I cook a lot of beans and peas. Huumus is sort of expensive. Tortillas, pasta , rice, milk, grapenuts, bread.

All the movies I want to see I can download legally from numerous sites because they are public domain or trashy sleazy films or I get bootleg concert films or download stuff from Youtube , burn it to DVD. I have my entertainment bases completely covered. I know a lot of sites where I can download rare old rock and progressive for free. All second hand store type LP's uploaded from collectors.

I go to my library booksale. Lots of donations, so I get cheap VHS tapes of really cool collectors films, expensive foreign language books, etc. for very low price. Like $1 for VHS...

I don't buy clothes often. I rarely go to bars.

I spend like $4 a week at Starbucks..

I buy Zantac a lot.

Sometimes I buy a cheap bottle of vodka or some Bud Lite...

Library rents DVDs for$1 a week.
[CENTER][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby Dr_Yes » Thu May 01, 2008 8:26 am

[/CENTER]
Dr_Yes

Postby sound_chaser » Thu May 01, 2008 3:55 pm

sound_chaser

Postby Kalingzeye » Thu May 01, 2008 6:00 pm

I'm totally a compulsive buyer & shopaholic... I won't buy anything for a couple months and then all of a sudden I'll see a bunch of things I want and go crazy. Usually it's to make me feel better or reward myself. I usually buy online nowadays, random stores or Ebay... & I usually go for cheap or Sale items, tho- they're always best! And then I don't feel so bad about buying em, haha. Usually I buy clothes, purses, and the like. Sometimes YESstuff. Like I just went nuts like.. this semester. Bought a new jacket last month, a sweater before that, and two purses. All from Ebay. :D But now I'll probably go on a dry spell till July or something. (I hope! Cuz then I get home to my fellow shopaholic little sister and it's hard to resist, hahaha...)
Kalingzeye

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Thu May 01, 2008 10:10 pm

I stopped wasting money on purses a year ago.

Today I sort of wasted $3.50 on a caffe latte at SB's. Real expe. if you do it several times a week.

Even buying vegetables, which used to be a good value is skyrocketed. Green bell peppers for $1.69 each? Rip. Tomatoes are like $5 a pound. Beans remain cheap at like 69cents. Lunch meat, you can get deals, but better to buy a whole chicken. Celery for over a $1? Avocados for $2? Block of crappy generic cheddar for $5?

Reall good thing is that entertainment is cheaper! All the stuff I want I can get off Internet, which means older rare stuff that no one bothers copyright on anymore...I can make a complete video also off youtube downloads...

Beer is cheaper now than 5 years ago. Everyone is carb conscious now. You can get a case for like $10 at Rite Aid, then you have to buy new jeans because your waist size climbs to 38.

Cigs are cheaper. $32 a carton. Used to be almost $40..
Clothes, who needs clothes. Wear sandals, shop at Mervyns.
Haircuts? $20. Better just let hair grow.
Razors? Just let beard grow.
Soap- good deal on Irish Spring 6pack bar soap.

Bars: my friend waits until 11 PM. No need to buy drinks for chixxx that are already buzzed.
[CENTER][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby Dr_Yes » Fri May 02, 2008 11:53 am

[/CENTER]
Dr_Yes

Postby happytheman » Fri May 02, 2008 2:13 pm

happytheman

Charter Member

Postby Dr_Yes » Fri May 02, 2008 3:54 pm

[/CENTER]
Dr_Yes

Postby tardistraveler » Fri May 02, 2008 5:02 pm

tardistraveler

Postby YesFan01 » Sat May 03, 2008 1:46 am

YesFan01

Postby yesireebob » Sat May 03, 2008 3:12 am

yesireebob

Postby ImstillYesmam » Sun May 04, 2008 5:12 am

I'm not a big spender, most of the cash goes to pay bills, buy the usual groceries, gasoline, necessities. I like to go to flea mkts./garage sales etc. so I don't usually spend a lot for those type of things.

What I do spend on is my daughter, I am a complete sucker when it comes to her and will spend more money on her then I really should.

ImstillYesmam

Veteran Member

Postby sound_chaser » Sun May 04, 2008 9:40 am

sound_chaser

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Mon May 05, 2008 12:40 am

Booze, sort of a waste of money to spend on. I am glad I do not have a pet or kid to feed now.

I have too much music to justify buying more. Lots of dusty CDs sitting around. I like obscure stuff, so I can go on internet and get it.

Junk food is pretty much a waste. Tootpaste is a good deal. Floss , soap,...

Travel: gotta always save for a trip to Europe every 2 years. Otherwise life gets dull.
[CENTER][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby yesman90125 » Mon May 05, 2008 1:27 am

yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby yesireebob » Mon May 05, 2008 11:05 pm

yesireebob

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Mon May 05, 2008 11:23 pm

A good way to save money is to shop for food at an American drug store like Rite Aid or Long's. They often have deals. I got a ton of canned food and tea for $11.
[CENTER][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby OB1kenOB » Mon May 05, 2008 11:49 pm

When I get it!

"That which you are seeking is causing you to seek!"
OB1kenOB

Charter Member

Postby tardistraveler » Tue May 06, 2008 2:21 am

tardistraveler

Postby yesman90125 » Tue May 06, 2008 2:47 am

yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby yesman90125 » Tue May 06, 2008 2:56 am

I know what I wanna Waste money on next
Ima get me a gen-u-wine dilithium crystal
yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Tue May 06, 2008 2:56 pm

tardistraveler

Postby Dr_Yes » Tue May 06, 2008 5:45 pm

[/CENTER]
Dr_Yes

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Tue May 06, 2008 5:49 pm

<TABLE class=MsoTableGrid style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-themecolor: text1; mso-yfti-tbllook: 1184; mso-padding-alt: 0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=1><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: black 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: black 1pt solid; WIDTH: 159.6pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-themecolor: text1" vAlign=top width=213>
</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: black 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 159.6pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-themecolor: text1; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-themecolor: text1" vAlign=top width=213>
</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: black 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; WIDTH: 159.6pt; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-themecolor: text1; mso-border-left-alt: solid black .5pt; mso-border-left-themecolor: text1" vAlign=top width=213>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Not in Europe, I am afraid. :cool:
[CENTER][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Next

Return to Other Skylines