[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YEStalk Discussion Forums • View topic - Yestalk Theology Spillover #10,001

Yestalk Theology Spillover #10,001

Re: Yestalk Theology Spillover #10,001

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:51 am

I think religion is essentially an instrument of political control and a mostly failed attempt by human beings at reaching "God(s)".
I want to see Bill Maher's Religilous, but they are not showing it yet at my local theater. From what I have gathered, it will at least make the American general populace think, and once it engages in critical thinking instead of resorting to the blind herd voluntary submission to unquestioned authority(which obviously it does on other issues), something very progressive will result.
The majority of us are not going to spend time in libraries doing theological research(as I did in Univ.), so we need some type of alternative media, like Maher's flick, to stimulate analysis of our beliefs and views.
[CENTER][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby Kalingzeye » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:30 am

This week in my online philosophy class we are covering Nietzsche, and part of our reading was on his view of the "Death of God"... As crazy and controversial as Nietzsche often was, I have to agree with him on a lot of things... I think he said it well when he said humans don't believe in God, we just believe that we believe in God... and that right now we're currently struggling to cope with the "death" of our God/s because that is all we have ever known... but it is an amazing time to live in, because there is so much change going on... on one hand, it is scary, because we are used to clinging to the idea of "God", but on the other hand, it is exiting because we are evolving as a society and this is the next step forward... just a thought. Nietzsche is really awesome, IMO... ♥
Kalingzeye

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:36 am

[CENTER][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby Kalingzeye » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:41 am

Kalingzeye

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:45 am

[CENTER][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby yesman90125 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:26 am

and I'm communicating with God each night with my invisible antenna. Gods also want me to inform you it's going to be ok.

with respect to Neitzsche
I think this goes back to my statement that People are always looking for something to believe in. if they dont find it in one realm they find it in another.

An interesting and humorous response to Nietzsche from a well known spiritual fellow (who is considered to be as insane as Dr, Neitzsche)

Bagwan Shree Ragneesh (aka OSHO)
(Bagavan Sri Regneesh)

insert obligatory language warning here

yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby Terry Shea » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:39 am

My personal myspace page:

My music myspace page:

Ignore the problem and it will go away.-some dead moron
Terry Shea

Charter Member

Postby yesman90125 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:50 am

yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:58 am

This is the AM radio show I am referring to

I have listened to this every night for about 5 years. Comes on at 10, there are AM affiliates in many cities. Subjects include: Ghosts, UFO abductions, conspiracy theories, etc.

Mostly entertainment purposes, but also some interesting inquiry and theories.

Radio can be better than TV because you let your imagination create the scene and the bumper music is usually good, like the theme to the Midnight Express chase scene.
[CENTER][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby 2Lizard4 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:22 am

God rules!!!! yeah
perigee3
2Lizard4

Charter Member

Previous

Return to Other Skylines