[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YEStalk Discussion Forums • View topic - Let's All Take a Breather . . .

Let's All Take a Breather . . .

Let's All Take a Breather . . .

Postby tardistraveler » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:12 pm

tardistraveler

Re: Let's All Take a Breather . . .

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:31 pm

[CENTER][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby Terry Shea » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:23 am

Sorry, I thought this was the "off topic" forum. My bad. I found this post by Chris 2210 to be rather telling:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The reason people are viewing and not contributing to these threads is that there's little point to them. There's also no point in debating your opinions. Because they're not going to shift.

Dean refers to 'satire' but my understanding of the term doesn't encompass the ignorant and the wit-less. None of this would be so bad if these were merely boring posts that everyone could cheerfully ignore. Unfortunately to any prospective new member these are an example of what goes on here.

Petty, negative, mean-spirited, close-minded, borderline racist (in reference to the 'song' I think it's not that borderline), meandering twaddle is not going to attract many new members - certainly none we'd want. We've recently temporarily [I hope] lost one of our most valued contributors through this shit. Do you seriously think you're safe if you play some sort of spurious charade of skirting around what you perceive to be the 'rules'?

This is a social club - a place people come to exchange opinions and banter - the idea is that this should be enjoyable, otherwise there are always other clubs. Where I live if people are identified as going in to places in order to pick fights, they get barred.

The 'bouncers' have had their eyes on you two for a while and you've been asked nicely on numerous occasions. Patience is a finite resource, even in the most tolerant of circles.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who are you calling ignorant and witless Chris? Who are you calling racist? Someone was recently banned for an insult far less severe than that. Of course I don't expect you to hold yourself to the same standards you hold others to. I know better.

Unfortunately, any newcomer can see the double standard that exists here and the heavy handed, one-sided "be liberal or be gone" attitude that exists here. Your own post above clearly states that you only want certain kinds of people here. I certainly hope you're speaking just for yourself and not for Yestalk as a whole, but it certainly comes across that way.

I started that thread trying to get an honest discussion going. I even backed Obama on a few points. If people don't want to respond that's fine, but you have no right to be so insulting and condescending.

Petty, negative, mean-spirited, closed minded? You've just described yourself to a tee. The fact is you and some of the other moderators (and former moderators) can't stand and won't allow certain opinions and can't debate them on a factual and/or logical basis so you allow insults to be hurled (along with hurling insults yourself) at anyone who holds these opinions and then if there's any retaliation at all you ban or threaten to ban the retaliator instead of the perpetrator.

When is this nonsense going to end? People are quite free to ignore my thread if they wish, but it's become painfully obvious that anyone expressing a conservative opinion here is not welcome and I think the moderation team here has done a good job of intimidating anyone from expressing such an opinion. Free speech is a noble, liberal concept but apparently it's not allowed here.

Yeah, people are really going to want to come here when they see that others get banned and threatened and insulted for voicing certain opinions, get threads locked simply because the moderator disagrees with the opinion, and sees moderators and other high profile members here pissing off ex-Yes members for no apparent reason. Let people have an opinion and voice it, for God's sake! Let people have rational discussions and speak freely. If things start getting nasty, then moderate and ban the perpetrator(s) if need be.
My personal myspace page:

My music myspace page:

Ignore the problem and it will go away.-some dead moron
Terry Shea

Charter Member

Postby Terry Shea » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:04 am

From the forum header:
Other Skylines
Feel like discussing other things with your YEStalk friends? Speak your mind in our off-topic YEStalk section.

Uh, yeah! :)

My music myspace page:

Terry Shea

Charter Member

Postby yesireebob » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:35 am

Terry, you just don't get it. If you find this site and its mods so troublesome, perhaps you can find another forum more to your liking. You are not doing any favors to this one.
yesireebob

Postby N2yes » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:47 pm

"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"
N2yes

Starship Trooper

Postby Terry Shea » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:21 pm

My music myspace page:

Terry Shea

Charter Member

Postby Roan's Lady » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:29 pm

Roan's Lady

Postby tardistraveler » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:42 pm

tardistraveler

Postby yesireebob » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:08 pm

yesireebob

Postby tribute1969 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:28 am

and get's some bar-b-que

Get Real!

WAR IS OVER! IF YOU WANT IT!
John and Yoko Ono Lennon-1969
WE HAVEN'T HAD THAT SPIRIT HERE SINCE 1969...
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:22 pm

tardistraveler

Postby Terry Shea » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:38 pm

My music myspace page:

Terry Shea

Charter Member

Postby Terry Shea » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:41 pm

My music myspace page:

Terry Shea

Charter Member

Postby tribute1969 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:51 pm

Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby tribute1969 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:54 pm

Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby Roan's Lady » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:41 pm

Roan's Lady

Postby yesireebob » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:15 am

yesireebob

Postby tribute1969 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:48 am

Maybe start a Forum called..
"Those Are Fighting Words!"
or "Fight Club"....no rules...and no spilling over into
the regular forums...
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby Roan's Lady » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:19 am

When an attorney says "poo-head" at least three times in one communique, I sit up and take notice. ;)
Roan's Lady

Postby yesireebob » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:20 am

yesireebob

Postby Tomfoolery » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:44 am

"The word is love and the time is now, and it's right for me"
Tomfoolery

Postby tardistraveler » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:43 pm

tardistraveler

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:57 pm

I think this has gone way too far when apparently the banned member gets into my Youtube profile and posts a political comment. My god, online stalking?
[CENTER][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby tribute1969 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:44 pm

THIS may be next....?

Good God...Let's all just go listen to some great music!

"Peace On Earth (and YesTalk) and Good Will Towards Man"....
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby Terry Shea » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:50 pm

My music myspace page:

Terry Shea

Charter Member

Postby yesireebob » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:05 pm