LED Lights for STS9

LED Lights for STS9

Postby people » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:48 pm

This sounds amazing:
http://www.avnetwork.com/av-technology/0002/clay-paky-led-lights-for-sts9-concerts/93892

"Lighting designer Saxton Waller selected 22 Clay Paky A.leda B-EYE K10 LED-based moving lights controlled by a grandMA2 with NPU for two STS9 concerts at the famed Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Morrison, Colorado, the lead up to the band’s cross-country fall tour. The fixtures and console were provided by Brown Note Productions, Inc. in Thornton, Colorado. A.C.T Lighting, Inc. is the exclusive distributor of Clay Paky and MA products in North America."

“STS9 is our flagship client: We’ve been working with the band for the 10 years we’ve been in business,” says CEO Sara B. Knutson, who is partnered with her husband, Ryan, in Brown Note Productions. “STS9 has played Red Rocks a number of times before. And we do 30-35 shows there annually with clients, so it’s a very familiar venue. The B-EYE K10s made their Red Rocks debut with STS9, then will accompany the band on their six-week tour.”

“We expect the K10s to be accepted by all the major tours,” says Knutson; the fixtures were rented previously by String Cheese Incident for their show at Electric Forest. “We also look for the K10s to bring in new clients who are excited by the hype and what the lights can do.”

Brown Note Productions has a long history with MA consoles, too. “We started with one many years ago and have really ramped up our inventory so we now carry two grandMA2s, a grandMA2 light, an NPU, a command wing and we still have a grandMA1. They are the go-to desk for any major tour; they’re on every rider and are specked for all the big national festivals.”

(Source: lighting from interior deluxe)

This sounds amazing to me, what do you think?
people

Re: LED Lights for STS9

Postby tardistraveler » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:04 pm

Sounds very cool! I remember the days when Yes could be counted on to be at the forefront of lighting . . . their 70's displays were amazing! Anytime I saw something new, I'd think "Yes will have this at their next show, and it will be BETTER" . . . and it always was!
tardistraveler

Return to Other Skylines