[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YEStalk Discussion Forums • View topic - The Moody Blues

The Moody Blues

The Moody Blues

Postby N2yes » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:12 am

"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"
N2yes

Starship Trooper

Re: The Moody Blues

Postby john mccleary » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:41 am

john mccleary

Veteran Member

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Thu May 08, 2008 5:24 pm

Totally surprised that there is only one reply to this Magnus Opus Band.
NP: Moody Blues 20th Cent Masters collection Greatest Hits, before that, To Our Children's Children's...

I have 4 Moody Blues vids. Live in Paris is good to get historical perspective, even though it is mostly dubbed and the band is pissed off and chain smoking cuz it is a TV production and they have fake playing their instruments.

They are an OK band live, but they do not re-produce the guitar parts as well or as powerfully as on the albums.

One of the World's great bands. A continuation of the great British tradition of poets...

Recommended songs:

Watching and Waiting
Out and In
Nights in White Satin
Gypsy
Story in Your Eyes
Question
Ride my See-Saw
I'm Just a Singer in a RR band
[CENTER][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Thu May 08, 2008 5:25 pm

Yes, they did take drugs and were influenced by Timothy Leary. They did LSD and pot, and this of course inspired their music, which is otherworldly and politcal at times.
[CENTER][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby N2yes » Fri May 09, 2008 4:25 am

"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"
N2yes

Starship Trooper

Postby sound_chaser » Fri May 09, 2008 9:08 am

sound_chaser

Postby yesman90125 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:09 pm

I think what we now refer to as prog
has more to do with the influence of the Moody Blues than any other musical group.
not only that but i think the sound of the MB'S is probably one of the most consistant
in that regarless of weather it was justin,john,ray.mike or anyone one else singing
it allways is instantly recognisable as the moody blues
to me comenting to much on the moody blues takes away from them rather tham props them up in the same sense that trying to define the beatles
is so elusive
ray is pretty sick
i saw him on his last tour and he put one hell of an effort but it was clear he was getting a bit shaky and couldn't quite project as well as he used to
but he seemed to enjoy it and the audiece gave him intense respect
so the last couple of tours have basicly been justin
graehm and john
and what can you say about justin hayward
that guy can push a note so far that it pierces your brain in a way that only a few singers can or have done
the moody blues are not the same experience they were 10 years ago but as a live act they are still worth every penny and more accesable then they were 10 years ago with the huge crowds
justin hayward and john lodge are some of those guys that seem to define time in much the same way that jon anderson does
in a live setting
you are transported to the time when you first heard
'in search of the lost chord'
or
'every good boy deserves favour'
'to or childrens childrens children'
'days of future passed'
'a question of balance'
or pretty much anything else they have done
for those that have had the experience of hearing those albums
there isn't probably much i can say you don't already know
and for those that havn't
all i can say is you should
not only should you check them out
you ought to make it a prioraty
because an entire world that you didn't know existed is still waiting there for you.

ya know we talk about the holy trinity of groups
and i've expressed the yes, zeppelin, rush thing
but the more i think about genesis
and jethro tull and the beatles and most of all the moody blues
the harder i find it is to support my original vision of this holy trinty
listening to 'the gypsy' i have to wonder if there is anything better
and then of course i hear side 2 of in search of the lost chord
and
i hear god

yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Return to When Rock Was Young