[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YEStalk Discussion Forums • View topic - Elton John

Elton John

Elton John

Postby happytheman » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:28 am

happytheman

Charter Member

Re: Elton John

Postby N2yes » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:00 am

"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"
N2yes

Starship Trooper

Postby happytheman » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:46 am

happytheman

Charter Member

Postby Thoughtbecontact » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:26 am

AWAKEN/GENTLE/MASS/TOUCH
Thoughtbecontact

Veteran Member

Postby happytheman » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:25 pm

happytheman

Charter Member

Postby Thoughtbecontact » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:23 am

AWAKEN/GENTLE/MASS/TOUCH
Thoughtbecontact

Veteran Member

Postby N2yes » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:03 am

N2yes

Starship Trooper

Postby Thoughtbecontact » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:08 am

AWAKEN/GENTLE/MASS/TOUCH
Thoughtbecontact

Veteran Member

Postby N2yes » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:31 am

N2yes

Starship Trooper

Postby sound_chaser » Wed May 14, 2008 5:28 am

I always liked Elton’s singles, but never really got into him seriously until a few years ago. I was very struck by scene in Almost famous, where everyone on the tour bus was singing along to Tiny Dancer. Because it wasn’t a single in the UK, I’d never heard it before. So I bought the album it was on, Madman Across The Water and really enjoyed it, although what used to be side 2 does tail off a bit. Then I bought Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. Again, lots of very good songs, but also some that weren’t that special. After that I bought Tumbleweed Connection and after a few plays I realised this was the one: a truly great album. I couldn’t stop playing it for a while, but it’s become one of my favourite albums and to me, is up there with the likes of Revolver, Pet Sounds and Forever Changes: in other words, a classic!
sound_chaser

Postby yesireebob » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:44 pm

I recently bought the DVD-Audio surround-sound version of GYBR, and OMG is it fabulous! This album was a big part of the soundrack of my high school years, and I have always been very partial to it. There is nothing quite like the EJ/Bernie Taupin collaborations and this album, although there are a few misses, has some real gems. Funeral for a Friend/Loves Lies Bleeding, Grey Seal, This Song's Got No Title, Roy Rogers, Harmony, and those were not even the hits. This album had no less than four top-ten hits, in both the US and the UK, in Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting, the title cut, Candle in the Wind, and Bennie and the Jets. The added dimesion of surround sound really highlights the layers that went into many of these songs.

I loved Madman across the Water, too, but I do agree the second half runs out of steam. Tumbleweed Connection is indeed a classic, but Don't Shoot Me I'm Only the Piano Player is another of my personal favorites. Blues for Baby and Me, Have Mercy on the Criminal, Elderberry Wine and Daniel are all great songs.
yesireebob

Postby NumberNine » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:10 am

NumberNine

Postby Kalingzeye » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:26 pm

Kalingzeye

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:31 pm

Yellow Brick Road and Greatest Hits, released in the 70's are my favorite.

He was my second fav after my first album Kiss Alive(jeeezus)
[CENTER][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Return to When Rock Was Young