[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YEStalk Discussion Forums • View topic - David Bowie.

David Bowie.

David Bowie.

Postby sound_chaser » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:17 am

sound_chaser

Re: David Bowie.

Postby Kalingzeye » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:33 pm

Kalingzeye

Postby Chris2210 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:58 pm

I used to be agnostic. These days I'm not so sure.
Chris2210

Postby sound_chaser » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:29 pm

sound_chaser

Postby N2yes » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:44 am

"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"
N2yes

Starship Trooper

Postby Chris2210 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:42 am

Chris2210

Postby sound_chaser » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:10 pm

sound_chaser

Postby N2yes » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:22 am

"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"
N2yes

Starship Trooper

Postby yesman90125 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:13 pm

Sorry, I dont respect him at all.
I cant turn the dial fast enough when he comes on.
I give him full credit for planting the seeds of punk, new wave and glam
all of which I wish would fall of the face of the earth.
yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby Chris2210 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:46 pm

Chris2210

Postby yesman90125 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:54 pm

yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby Chris2210 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:30 pm

Chris2210

Postby yesman90125 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:43 pm

yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby Chris2210 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:42 am

Chris, I didn't think for a heartbeat you were being anti-gay. Mind you it is a mistake to imagine that men who wear dresses and/or makeup are statistically any more likely to be gay than those that don't. It's a usual conflation of ideas to confuse the concepts of gender variance and homosexuality. There's little or no direct correlation.
Chris2210

Postby yesman90125 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:09 am

Yeah , I understand the differences.
a friend and I (who is gay) were talking about my comment here today.
he said he thought Bowie was Gay too and that my comment was funny.
we decided Bowie's music is "Gay music"
but he's into Death metal and such (which I also think is Gay)
I hang around 20 somethings often and their slang for anything they think is stupid is to call it "gay" . which took me awhile to catch on to the fact that what they were talking about had nothing to do with homosexuality Their generation is much less hung up about that than ours. I was never really hung up about it myself.
for instance I might say "that sucks" they say "that's Gay"
when I used to tell my kids they were in trouble I would overhear them on the phone saying they couldn't come out becuase "my Dad is being gay"
[email="LOL@silly human race"]LOL@silly human race[/email]
yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby Chris2210 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:57 am

Funny that actually reminds of the time, back around '73, I'd heard of Yes, but not actually heard any of their music. One of my friends had bought - I think - Yesterdays. Curious I asked him what they were like. His response was 'Oh, sorta like Bowie - only a bit more poofie..."

I suppose a lot of adolescents would see our faves as "gay" (the expression is used this side of the pond - but I think it's a bit more marginal). ;)
Chris2210

Postby tardistraveler » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:16 pm

tardistraveler

Postby happytheman » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:56 am

happytheman

Charter Member

Postby happytheman » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:58 am

happytheman

Charter Member