Jo Jo Gunne

Jo Jo Gunne

Postby N2yes » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:41 am

Jo Jo Gunne was a rock group formed in Los Angeles in 1971 by Jay Ferguson ( May 10, 1947; Burbank, CA) (keyboards, vocals) and Mark Andes ( February 19, 1948; Philadelphia) (bass, vocals) after they left Spirit. They added Mark's brother Matt Andes ( California) (guitar, vocals) and Curley Smith ( January 31, 1952; Wolf Point, MT) (drums) to complete the lineup, signed to Asylum Records, and made a self-titled debut album containing the Top 40 hit "Run, Run, Run," after which Mark Andes left the band and was replaced by Jimmy Randall ( February 14, 1949, Dallas). (Andes went on to be a member of Firefall and Heart.) The group continued for three more albums with more personnel changes, but did not maintain the commercial momentum of its debut and broke up in 1975. Ferguson has made solo albums and scored movies since this time.
Okay, now does this name ring a familiar bell?
"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"
N2yes

Starship Trooper

Re: Jo Jo Gunne

Postby yesireebob » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:48 pm

I remember the song "Run Run Run" and I knew it was by Jo Jo Gunne. Easy to remember given the rhyme. But I didn't know any of the rest of it.
yesireebob

Postby sound_chaser » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:16 am

Run Run Run is the only song I remember from this band. It was a pretty good single, but nothing exceptional to my ears: I'll check it out again on youtube.
sound_chaser

Postby N2yes » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:23 pm

Regrettably, the vast majority of their dynamite numbers aren't available on youtube. I was very disappointed when I checked this out.
"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"
N2yes

Starship Trooper

Return to When Rock Was Young