[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YEStalk Discussion Forums • View topic - A Question of Balance

A Question of Balance

A Question of Balance

Postby Coffee_&_Cigarettes » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:20 pm

Ever since my rock quest began I never came across anything like this one band.
It´s not prog or art-rock, symphonic sometimes, epic, eearie, mellow and folky with strong fondeness for psychedelia.
From the beginnigs of "Days of Future Passed" to the nightfall on Every good boy deserves favour" I feel i´m taken away from this world.
Floating into another dimension, a mystical place where everything belongs as long as you want it to be there.
When Bob Dylan strikes a E minor chord then it becomes a Dylan Chord.
When The Moody Blues strikes a single note on the piano or strums a guitar chord what follows is a wave of colorfull haunting orchestrations, any colour you like...
The Earth stops just to listen to this gentle rock symphony.
I spend 8 years avoiding The Moodys because i thought i wasn´t ready yet for this kind of music.
And now here am i listening to the delightfull sounds of "Days of Future Passed", "Every good boy..." and "A Question of Balance".
If [:yes] opened my eyes and ears, whispering what was yet to come in the form of rock to me, Supertramp and The Beatles(George) Pushed me deeper and deeper in this universe of mystical music.
My Journey began at age 13 when i bought Deep Purple´s Machine Head on Vinyl.Since then i´ve been listening to loads of different stuff, from jazz to afro-cuban, tropicalia to blaxploitation soundtracks, MPB to Canterbury...everything.
Still, Rock seems to be the most important thing!
And i feel that my journey has come to a interesting conclusion:
The Moody Blues.
This is it!This is what i´ve been looking for seen i was a teenager since Sabbath, Zeppelin, Coltrane, Joni Mitchell, Traffic...it was right on my face all along but i couldn´t see it.
Sometimes you have to feel it before you can see it.
It´s a Question of Balance, in the end every good boy deserves favour in this days of future passed.

I just wanted to share this brilliant discovery and ask everyone who digs The Moody Blues to join me in this very moment and listen to their music.
let´s call it a Moody Blues day.

Coffee_&_Cigarettes

Veteran Member

Re: A Question of Balance

Postby happytheman » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:17 am

Interesting you bring this up...I just responded to a Moody Blues question on PE. I own "This Is" and Long Distance Voyager. Between the two albums I feel like I have the best of what this group put out over it's long history. Don't know much about what went on in the studio to put together their music history but they certainly deserve a round of applause for their output. Great album covers as well!
P.S. I just noticed this is my 777th post....very cosmic number in some circles!
happytheman

Charter Member

Postby Coffee_&_Cigarettes » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:52 am

Coffee_&_Cigarettes

Veteran Member

Postby tardistraveler » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:41 pm

tardistraveler

Postby sound_chaser » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:20 am

sound_chaser