Druid

Druid

Postby happytheman » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:43 am

I know this band has been "tossed" about before in discussion regarding "bands that sound like Yes", but I had never seen any footage of them before. Here's a couple of nice clips, enjoy for those who are familiar with this likable band. First is Voices, then Theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QccOTQNqzp4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gskiq_D6Mjc&feature=related
happytheman

Charter Member

Re: Druid

Postby Haze » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:23 am

happytheman wrote:I know this band has been "tossed" about before in discussion regarding "bands that sound like Yes", but I had never seen any footage of them before.

Thanks for the links. I've never seen them before either. However, I bought their albums "Towards the Sun" and "Fluid" back in the late seventies. I never actually, at the time, thought of them as a YES copy! More like; just another progressive band - not really up there with YES, Crimson, Tull.. - but still good enough to get inspired by. But I do remember that I held the second album a little bit higher because it felt more like their own (less obvious influences, perhaps...).
Haze

Charter Member

Postby Coffee_&_Cigarettes » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:38 pm

Very Cool band, I don´t perceive them as a Yes copy, pehaps Yes oriented sound...
I´m actualy trying to track down their first album "Toward the sun".
They should´ve entered my underrated bands/artists thread...
Coffee_&_Cigarettes

Veteran Member

Postby happytheman » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:31 am

Coffee_&_Cigarettes wrote:Very Cool band, I don´t perceive them as a Yes copy, pehaps Yes oriented sound...
I´m actualy trying to track down their first album "Toward the sun".
They should´ve entered my underrated bands/artists thread...

Their first two albums are available as "one". Shop around Amazon / CDUniverse etc. I bought the first one shortly after it was released based on a review in a Jem catalog, where they cited an award they received at a music festival. Didn't find the second till I located the "2 for 1" deal years later on CD. There is something to like on both albums.
happytheman

Charter Member

Postby the greenman » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:18 pm

another band to check out, cool! Thanks, Happy!
the greenman

Veteran Member

Return to When Rock Was Young