[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YEStalk Discussion Forums • View topic - YES after 1977

YES after 1977

Moderator: N2yes

YES after 1977

Postby hennie552001 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:27 pm

and the flowering creativity of life, wove it's web ...
hennie552001

Charter Member

RABIT?

Postby hennie552001 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:29 pm

hennie552001

Charter Member

Hmm, good idea . . .

Postby theproffet » Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:04 pm

"You like your life in a free form style, you'll take an inch, but you'd love a mile . . ."
theproffet

Starship Trooper

Postby wild_westie » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:23 pm

wild_westie

Starship Trooper

Postby Thoughtbecontact » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:34 am

AWAKEN/GENTLE/MASS/TOUCH
Thoughtbecontact

Veteran Member

Postby Gary » Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:29 pm

Gary

Charter Member

Postby Vaguson » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:44 pm

In the beginning is the future...and the future is at hand.
Vaguson

Veteran Member

My CD ... so far

Postby hennie552001 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:50 pm

hennie552001

Charter Member

Radio Stations

Postby hennie552001 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:56 pm

hennie552001

Charter Member

Postby Vaguson » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:16 pm

Vaguson

Veteran Member

Postby hennie552001 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:32 pm

hennie552001

Charter Member

Postby Vaguson » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:29 pm

Vaguson

Veteran Member

Postby The Ancient » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:10 pm

Vaguson, you really know how to pick 'em. Talk is essential Yes.
The Ancient

Charter Member

Postby Vaguson » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:04 pm

Thanks Ancient! Nice to hear that from someone else...!

By the way, here's that quote of Jon's I was talking about...It's from a pretty good interview about what he was doing with Deseo, Talk, etc. This is really one of my favorite quotes from him. It seems very weighty to me, almost like he knew what would happen...

"There's a new album of Yes now, called Talk. And I think it's really, really a very special album. The record companies, the music biz think it's OK... but I think it's very special, so I'm gonna stand by it. To me it's the classic Yes. It's the best music of the band for a long time. It's going back to the classic moments of Yes. I think, in my heart, this is the last time I will sing like this, the last time that I will be making music like this. I have to move into another momentum. So I'm very happy we finished with a great album. There will be more Yes stuff, but it won't be like what it's been. I'm looking now into another way of thinking. I know it sounds crazy but in my head I know what I'm thinking about. Maybe in a couple of years we will do another Yes album but it will be sooo different."

Here's the link:
Vaguson

Veteran Member

Postby The Ancient » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:10 pm

I have noticed the way Jon borrows from song lyrics to form his comments to interviewers about the material and I think that was the case here. "This is the last time....getting it-this life..." The first couple of times I listened to the disc, without reading the lyric sheet that came with it, I understood him to say: "This is the last time getting it this right".

Maybe indeed it was the last time they got it that right.
The Ancient

Charter Member

Postby proghead » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:19 pm

You have to start it with 'Take the Water to The Mountain'. I
always wanted to start a Yes collection with that track because
it's so atmosphereric and builds to the thunder. It seems to be
tucked at the end of Union in the middle of some bad tracks
that I never get to. So I never listen to it much. Besides it's
probably the shortest Yes track less than 3 minutes I bet. It
would fit in when you don't have enough time left for another
typical long Yes track. I wish they could start their concert
with this then rip right into Siberia ... right after the thunder.
Progressive will never be a popular form of music simply due to the fact that the average person has a 'attention span' of less than three minutes with a simple beat.
proghead

Veteran Member

Take the Water to the Mountain

Postby hennie552001 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:02 pm

You're right. This is actually not a bad track.
Think I will have to invest in Talk before I go any further.
Listening to CDs from the actuall periode, I find myself liking ABWH better and better (a real Yes album).
And I have to buy Tormato. I only have it on vinyl. Is there a remastered CD with bonus tracks of that?
hennie552001

Charter Member

Postby Vaguson » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:31 pm

Yes, there is, and it actually has a whopping NINE extra tracks on it. Check out this link to Rhino records, the company that's been doing the remasters:

Vaguson

Veteran Member

Best Yes - outside main sequence

Postby innerPact » Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:32 pm

innerPact

Veteran Member

Postby geoff feakes » Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:51 pm

"Turn around to The Healing Colours of Sound"
geoff feakes

Veteran Member

Take the Water to The Mountain - Bootleg Version

Postby proghead » Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:19 pm

Progressive will never be a popular form of music simply due to the fact that the average person has a 'attention span' of less than three minutes with a simple beat.
proghead

Veteran Member

Postby happytheman » Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:26 pm

happytheman

Charter Member

Postby proghead » Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:15 am

proghead

Veteran Member

Postby proghead » Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:21 am

proghead

Veteran Member

Postby yesman90125 » Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:35 am

yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby yesman90125 » Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:46 am

yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby yesman90125 » Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:57 am

yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby topographic_drama1980 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:58 am

topographic_drama1980

Starship Trooper

Thanks for all the input

Postby hennie552001 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:11 pm

hennie552001

Charter Member

You could probably squeeze this onto an 80-minute CD

Postby purplewolfhound » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:33 pm

Chronologically...

Release, Release
Does It Really Happen?
Leave It (a cappella)
Hearts
Shoot High Aim Low
Lift Me Up
The Calling (long version)
Be the One
Foot Prints
New State of Mind
Homeworld
Give Love Each Day
Political ends, as sad remains, will die.
purplewolfhound

Next

Return to YEStalk