Need Young Yes Fans!

Moderator: N2yes

Need Young Yes Fans!

Postby mharden12 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:02 pm

I'm DYING to meet young Yes fans. I'm 22 and can't find anyone my age who likes Yes. Please send me some love if you are a young Yes fan.
"Dream on, on to the heart of the sunrise."
mharden12

Postby KEYZ » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:20 pm

I'm 49 years old. And there's nothing better then being at a show, and you see kids in their early years diggin' YES. A very smart way to grow, musically and spiritually.
Joey~Keyz[B)]
KEYZ

Postby Olias7 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:02 pm

KEYZ wrote:I'm 49 years old. And there's nothing better then being at a show, and you see kids in their early years diggin' YES. A very smart way to grow, musically and spiritually.
Here, Here ... Joey!! I totally agree! :D
[:u]*** We don't even need to try - We are One! ***[:u]
Olias7

Starship Trooper

Postby Kalingzeye » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:24 pm

Hehee! I'm young, but maybe I'm too young? :cool: I'm 17. I also recently recruited freeza_frost (everybody say hi to him!) and he's 25. ^.^ *high fives for YESyouths!* There used to be a lot of "youngins" on here- speak up, you! :D
Kalingzeye

Young Yes Fans

Postby mharden12 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:53 pm

No, you're not too young. Hell, I was 14 when I started liking them. I just want to talk to young Yes fans to see how they were introduced to the greatest. Send me a line back.
"Dream on, on to the heart of the sunrise."
mharden12

Me

Postby EricBliss12345 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:03 pm

I'm 25.

You're 17? You have great taste for your age.

I'm too fucking tired to be on a message board it's 8 in the goddamn morning for christs sake.
EricBliss12345

Starship Trooper

Postby Roan's Lady » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:02 pm

Ahh, this stuff warms my middle-aged heart. :D
hope's as high as the sun today...
~moon safari
Roan's Lady

Postby yesireebob » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:49 am

Nothing like young Yes-love!
yesireebob

Postby KEYZ » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:35 pm

Kalingzeye wrote:Hehee! I'm young, but maybe I'm too young? :cool: I'm 17. I also recently recruited freeza_frost (everybody say hi to him!) and he's 25. ^.^ *high fives for YESyouths!* There used to be a lot of "youngins" on here- speak up, you! :D
Hey Eyez!
Excellent! YES is the way! I was about 15 when I noticed the world of YES. I'm now 49 and I still love and learn from them every day.
[:yes] Your in YESWORLD K-EYES! [:yes]
Joey~Keyz[B)]
KEYZ

Postby purplewolfhound » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:45 pm

Kalingzeye wrote:Hehee! I'm young, but maybe I'm too young? :cool: I'm 17. I also recently recruited freeza_frost (everybody say hi to him!) and he's 25. ^.^ *high fives for YESyouths!* There used to be a lot of "youngins" on here- speak up, you! :D

Dang, it's good to see the young'ns are still interested in this great old band.

I'm 34 -- I came in with "Owner of a Lonely Heart" and worked my way backwards into the classic catalog. I think we cover just about every age group in here!
Political ends, as sad remains, will die.
purplewolfhound

Postby wild_westie » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:08 pm

I was 13 when I discovered the beautiful music of [:yes] .
Now, I'm middle aged. It's great to see our younger generation appreciate this great band. Oh, and welcome to YesTalk. :)
wild_westie

Starship Trooper

Postby KEYZ » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:42 am

I have a friend who brought his son Anthony, (who at the time was about 5 or 6 years old) to see YES. We sat in the first row, and YES was in The Round at the time. Half the night, everytime the stage turned, and Jon was coming up so we could see him, he would point at Anthony and wave or give him the thumbs up! Anthony is now 20, and a total YES-A-HOLIC!

"The Power Of YES"!
[color=red]"Wonderful"! [:yes] [/color]
Joey~Keyz[B)]
KEYZ

Postby psychopomp95 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:16 am

21 here, and I've been into Yes since I was 15 (YIKES has it been that long?? :p ) - I guess I qualify as 'not that old' at least. ;)
psychopomp95

Starship Trooper

Yestalk owes its existence to young fans . . .

Postby theproffet » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:59 am

When I found Yestalk, there was already a teenager here, and her enthusiasm for the site turned it into a community . . .

I wonder what the median age for Yestalk is . . .?
"You like your life in a free form style, you'll take an inch, but you'd love a mile . . ."
theproffet

Starship Trooper

Postby Kalingzeye » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:27 pm

mharden12 wrote:No, you're not too young. Hell, I was 14 when I started liking them. I just want to talk to young Yes fans to see how they were introduced to the greatest. Send me a line back.

XD I was 10 when my dad introduced me. I was helping "rake the roof" to get off sticks and such and my dad wired two huge speakers to the roof and asked what I wanted to listen to. I didn't really listen to any music at that point, so my dad told me to go downstairs and find the album "Big Generator"- we blasted it from the rooftop all through my little valley and I was hooked. I distinctly remember air-guitaring with my rake to 'I'm Running' and dancing around all crazy. :D Good times with [:yes] . Soon after that my dad gave me 90125 and I started going out and getting CDs for myself. <3 How did YOU get introduced to the greatest? :rolleyes:
Kalingzeye

Return to YEStalk