SE Fan Gathering in Nashville October 28-30!!

Moderator: N2yes

SE Fan Gathering in Nashville October 28-30!!

Postby tardistraveler » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:50 pm

N2/Amy - feel free to move this thread if I've picked the wrong forum.

Just wanted to invite folks to join us in Nashville the weekend of October 28-30 for a fan gathering!

It's being sponsored by the Yes Fans Southeast Chapter - you can check out our site at:

http://www.geocities.com/yesfansse/

There's some pics there of our gathering in Atlanta last fall - we had a blast then!

Any fans of Yes are certainly welcome - this is not a site-specific gathering. We anticipate many people attending from the various Yes sites, as well as some Nashville locals.

The gathering will begin Friday afternoon/evening October 28. We will have a suite or other meeting room with an ongoing party as people arrive. This will be our time to share any weeds and other goodies, listen to some good music, and just relax and visit with each other.

Saturday plans are in the works - we're looking at possible live music, some sightseeing, clubs, etc.

We're looking at getting a suite to use as "Party Central", which would have 1 or 2 bedrooms, depening on interest. If anyone is interested in staying in the suite, and helping with the cost, please let me know. I'm interested, and I know of 2 others at the moment. We can use the living room for the Friday night party, gather there on Saturday/Sunday mornings for breakfast and to plan the day, and for "after carousing" activities Saturday night!

Nolan is working out the hotel details, and we'll post as soon as we know. For those of you who may be flying in, please PM me with your flight number and arrival time, and one of us Nashville folks will pick you up!

I'm very excited that this is happening - I've wanted to do this kind of thing here in Nashville for a LONG time! I hope y'all can come and experience our Southern hospitality! We might even have grits . . . ;)
tardistraveler

Postby tardistraveler » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:49 pm

OK - the list is growing!

Here's the folks coming as of today . . .

Definite

tardistraveler
tribute1969
Scooty
sissywoods
deelovesyes
Amy
Jackaranda/jackgowen
Thoughtbecontact
Wild Westie
Ridvan & Anita

Tentative?

soul warrior
Dougnddeb
yesyadda

If you don't recognize some of the names, they're probably folks from YF or AGP - we have some widespread interest here!

I know there's YesTalkers in the area - or NOT in the area - who would enjoy coming to this one! Post here if you're interested!
tardistraveler

Postby ImstillYesmam » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:09 am

Oh Yeah Diane, I'm WAY interested! Couple of ???s though, are others bringing spouses/kids?
Theres a time, and the time is now, and it's right for me,
Theres a word, and word is love, and it's right for me. [:yes]
ImstillYesmam

Veteran Member

Postby tardistraveler » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:18 am

Yes to both questions.

Some are bringing spouses, some kids, some both, some are coming alone - we have all kinds!

We're talking about perhaps setting up someone's room as "Kid Central" with videos, etc. so they can have some kid fun while we party too!

Anyone interested in attending who has kids coming, post and let us know that too, so we can plan appropriate activities!
tardistraveler

Postby tribute1969 » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:44 pm

FYI, TN YesFans operate in the TWILIGHT TIME ZONE
plus we are getting group rates at the Sheraton and
Lonewolf Tattoo Parlor....(pending)
http://tattoo.about.com/cs/toppicks/l/blprops0040.htm
WAR IS OVER! IF YOU WANT IT!
John and Yoko Ono Lennon-1969
WE HAVEN'T HAD THAT SPIRIT HERE SINCE 1969...
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby ImstillYesmam » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:13 am

Nolan, could you E me some more info on the group rates at the Sheraton? Hubby and are are trying to see if the trip will be economically feasable for us.
Theres a time, and the time is now, and it's right for me,
Theres a word, and word is love, and it's right for me. [:yes]
ImstillYesmam

Veteran Member

Postby tardistraveler » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:35 pm

Nolan's currently working out the details for the group rates with his reservations contact, and I'm sure he'll post for all to see as soon as they're available!

Nolan, thanks SO much for dealing with the hotel aspect of this gathering! :)
tardistraveler

Postby dwelon » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:53 am

Sounds like a great idea. I once worked near Nashville - at Oakwell Farms Apartments - Hermitage - near the Percy Priest Lake and Dam.

Not sure as yet if I can make it .
dwelon

Postby tardistraveler » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:14 am

Well, keep us posted! We'd love for you to come! :)
tardistraveler

Postby sunhugger » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:52 pm

Thanks TT'er - I'm making that a definite maybe! :) But I don't mind contributing some funding to the cause if I can make it. Nashville is cool.
sunhugger

It's Official!

Postby tardistraveler » Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:21 pm

The gathering will be at the Music City Sheraton hotel - close to the airport, and convenient to other area attractions. There's free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel as well, if needed. I'll be in touch with everyone who's flying in about transportation arrangments.

http://www.sheratonmusiccity.com/

Reservations: 1-800-325-3535 615-885-2200

When calling to make reservations, just tell them you're with the Yes fans group, and give them the dates, and you will receive the room rate of $79. We have a block of rooms reserved with 2 double beds.

We originally were looking at downtown hotels, but realized that we'd been trumped by a much LARGER music group, the International Bluegrass Musicians Association, who is having their annual convention, awards ceremony, and fan gathering that same week - check it out at:

http://www.ibma.org/events.programs/wob/index.asp

So, if anyone's interested in bluegrass music, it's a GREAT week to come to Nashville!

And if you're interested in the music OUR folks can make, we have the "Close to the Edgewood" Room scheduled for our Saturday night entertainment! It's "close to the edge" of the hotel - away from all the guest rooms, so we can rock to our heart's content! No pyrotechnics though . . . ;)

We're still working on an itinerary for other activities - will post more as we know more!

The Sheraton is also close to several other hotels, if you prefer to stay elsewhere or have points to use, etc. - the Airport Mariott, La Quinta Airport, Holiday Inn Select Airport, and Embassy Suites Airport are all close by, and since we're an official Sheraton function, their shuttle would come pick you up for the festivities. If you're looking at other hotels, be sure and reserve the one near the Airport/Donelson/Elm Hill Pike area.

MUCH thanks to Nolan for setting this up for us . . . :)

This just gets more real all the time - having a site finalized is getting me excited!

More to come as we make further arrangements. And post HERE when you make your room reservations and let us know!
tardistraveler

More Hotel Info . . .

Postby tardistraveler » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:19 am

And, if anyone calls to book a room, our group IS in the system, you just have to ask for it as:

Last Name: FAN
First Name: YES

So, just tell them you're with Mr. (or Ms.) Yes Fan, and you'll be OK!

Seriously, just tell the hotel that it's in the system this way, and they should be able to find the group, and book your room!
tardistraveler

AND - Donations Needed for the "Close to the" Edgewood Room

Postby tardistraveler » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:29 pm

Our Saturday night party will be in the "Close to the" Edgewood Room, to allow for our musically talented folks to entertain us! The cost of the meeting room will be $250 - just found out this morning that the hotel WILL need payment in advance - probably within a week or so.

So, we're asking gathering participants to donate toward the cause as they can. The room will allow all our musical friends to entertain us way into the night on Saturday during the gathering! We'll have munchies and some bar setups there too, and perhaps some door prizes . . . ;)

A splendid time is guaranteed for all . . . :D

Suggested donation is $15 per participant - more is appreciated, less is OK, just please do what you can to help defray this cost and make our "Jam Session" a success!

So, if you're attending, PM me, and I'll send you a mailing address - thanks so much for your help!

This is going to be great fun!
tardistraveler

CHANGE OF PLANS - STAY TUNED!

Postby tardistraveler » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:18 pm

Looks like Hurricane Katrina struck our gathering too . . .

Conventions formerly booked for New Orleans are looking elsewhere, so we've been bumped from the Sheraton by large groups of folks willing to pay BIG BUCKS for the rooms!

The Sheraton is looking to book us into a nearby hotel.

So, stay tuned - I'll post more as I know where we'll be . . . if you've already made a reservation, I'm sure you'll be contacted about the cancellation, otherwise, just hang tight!
tardistraveler

Going For The One...hotel

Postby tribute1969 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:57 am

Don't Worry, Be Happy!
There are plenty of rooms near the airport
for our gathering and the Sheraton has offered us their
hotel shuttle for transportation needs as well.....
We still have the "Close To The Edgewood Room"
for the Saturday Night Live Jam.........
I should hear tomorrow which hotel will
be graced by "In The Presence Of"...YesFans 2005
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:59 am

I checked out four different hotels tonight - we're close to a decision, which I'll post just as soon as I know!

I'm getting so excited that so many people are coming! :D
tardistraveler

Postby wild_westie » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:32 am

We are going to have a great time! Many many thanks for Diane and Nolan's help in preparing this for us. :D :D
wild_westie

Starship Trooper

FINAL HOTEL ARRANGEMENTS!!! (Hopefully!)

Postby tardistraveler » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:42 pm

After checking out several places over the weekend, I've blocked 15 rooms with the Hampton Inn, I-40 and Donelson Pike.

Here's what the web site has to say about the hotel . . .

The Hampton Inn and Suites Nashville-Airport is the closest hotel to the Airport. Located on the east side of town, we are only 5 miles from the Gaylord Opryland Resort and 10 miles from downtown. We provide 24-hour airport shuttle service. Our 111 rooms include 31 2-room 1 bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens. Amenities include complimentary hot breakfast and free local calls. All rooms feature coffeemaker, hairdryer, iron with ironing board, voice mail, and TV with cable. We also provide an outdoor pool, indoor exercise room, connecting rooms, cribs, and dry cleaning/valet service. Laundry/valet services, guest laundromat, and meeting/banquet facilities are available for a nominal fee. Now providing FREE HIGH SPEED WIRELESS INTERNET AND BUSINESS CENTER.

Here's the link where you can read more about the amenities, and take a "tour" of the hotel. It's VERY nice, and I think we'll be comfortable there.

http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=F43EL0HFIRWRMCSGBIV2VCQKIYFC5UUC?ctyhocn=BNAHSHX

We will have two suites available to use as "Party Central" (me/Arlene's room) and "Kid Central" (Sissy's room) - check the suite pics on the site - we'll have lots of room for the Friday night gathering and other times, as needed . . . ;)

Regarding the Saturday night party, we still have the "Close to the" Edgewood Room at the Sheraton available for that one. The other hotels in the area didn't have anything on premises that would support music to all hours! We can ride the shuttle to the Sheraton, or take our own cars - it's just about a 2-3 minute drive between the hotels - very close.

Donations are still needed for the Saturday night room - PM me if you can help!

So, the next step is for everyone to book their rooms! We have 15 rooms currently blocked out, and I think it's a good idea if people go ahead and secure reservations given the recent popularity of Nashville for conventions! :winknudge:

To reserve your room, call Stella or Connie in Sales, at 615-885-4242. Tell them you're with the SE Yesfans gathering, code SEY (LOL) and you'll get the group rate of $74. Both King and double rooms will be available, and smoking/NS, so state your preference when you call.

I apologize for the delay in getting the arrangements to everyone. I think you'll enjoy these accommodations, and we're going to have a BLAST!!!! :D
tardistraveler

Postby tribute1969 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:07 pm

Just say "SEY"....that's an easy code to remember.....lol

This Hampton Inn sits next to I-40 so excursions into Music City (Nashville) will only take 10 minutes......

It is walking distance to several restaurants: Shoneys Big Boy, Ruby Tuesday, Ky Fried Chicken, McDonalds, etc

The wine/beer/spirits store is a block away

And in case we need it...Summit Hospital is only one exit away.....

Looks like Diane has all the bases covered....

Play Ball!!!
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby yesireebob » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:20 pm

Hmmm. I'm actually giving this come serious thought. Didn't go anywhere over the summer, and really would like to get away. Are the room rates also good for the Thursday and Monday bracketing the weekend?
yesireebob

Postby yesireebob » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:22 pm

Hmmm. I am actually giving this some serious thought. I did not go anywhere over the summer and I really would like a getaway. Are those hotel room rates good for Thursday and Sunday night?
yesireebob

Postby tribute1969 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:53 am

Thinking real hard I see.....
Come Early and Stay Late......
We'll Leave The Light on For Ya......
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:19 am

Linda, I'll check and see if we can get the same rates for Thursday/Sunday nights, if people want to come early or stay late - keep ya posted!

Hope you can make it! :D
tardistraveler

Postby tardistraveler » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:39 pm

OK, I've scoured ALL the sites where people have posted interest about this gathering - YesTalk, YesFans, and All Good People - and this appears to be the current list of attendees (and possible attendees) . . . ;)

Definite

tardistraveler
tribute1969
Scooty
sissywoods
Bobby45
deelovesyes
Amy
Jackaranda/jackgowen
Thoughtbecontact
Wild Westie
Dougnddeb
Ridvan
Anita
soul warrior
yesyadda
Chefgolf

Cautiously Optimistic?

kmcpro615
Quantum
Genevieve
Progkeys2005
Sharp
heartofthesunrise
1yesfemme
1yesfan
yesrolfer
gt76yesman
sschiffman
Awaken1976
the whale
sunhugger
yesireebob

So, if you're definite, use the info above to book your room!

If you're "cautiously optimistic" (as kmcpro615 expressed to me), then post when you're definite! Let us know!

This is going to be a fantastic gathering! We have a Friday night party planned in the suite, some cool sights to see on Saturday, followed by a jam session/blowout in the "Close to the" Edgewood Room, Sunday champagne brunch - don't miss this! :D
tardistraveler

Postby tardistraveler » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:03 pm

I've just worked out the details for Saturday night dinner and Sunday brunch. I HOPE everyone will approve . . . these are excellent restaurants that can accommodate our large group!

Saturday dinner at Ellendale's - located in an old house just down the street from the Hampton Inn, and very close to the Music City Sheraton, this restaurant features a varied, elegant menu with gourmet/veggie/kid options, and a wine list that I think even Arlene and Chef will approve of! We will have a private dining room for our group. Check out the menu at

http://www.ellendales.com

Sunday champagne brunch at the 101st Airborne - An atmospheric place reminiscent of the WWII 40's era, the Sunday brunch is spectacular! The buffet features numerous breakfast/lunch entrees and veggies, an excellent salad bar/cheese/bread/fruit spread, made-to-order omelets, and a dessert bar to die for! The beer cheese soup is available by request too, and is highly recommended. Champagne will be served after 12:00 noon, and once again we will have a private dining area for the group. And it's adjacent to the airport - you can see the planes taking off and landing - so those with afternoon flights can get there quickly right after lunch!

They don't seem to have a web site, but here's Fodor's review. I've personally eaten brunch there many times, and I've NEVER been disappointed - the service has always been attentive and the food tasty!

http://www.fodors.com/miniguides/mg...perty_id=184553

Just thought I'd whet everyone's appetites a bit, and maybe get a few more into that "Definite" column . . . ;)
tardistraveler

Postby tribute1969 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:28 pm

Whet away....

Sounds, looks and I'm sure will taste good......great work
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:38 pm

We've also had some requests for "steamy sacks" on Friday evening . . . ;)

Several of our attendees are White Castle aficionados . . . :D
tardistraveler

More "Definites"

Postby tardistraveler » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:41 pm

I've just added two more to the "definite" list - if you're coming, post and let us know! This is going to be a fantastic gathering! :D

Definite

tardistraveler
tribute1969
Scooty
sissywoods
Bobby45
deelovesyes
Amy
Jackaranda/jackgowen
Thoughtbecontact
Wild Westie
Dougnddeb
Ridvan
Anita
soul warrior
yesyadda
Chefgolf
ThorBrynjolfson
sschiffman

Cautiously Optimistic?

kmcpro615
Quantum
Genevieve
Progkeys2005
Sharp
heartofthesunrise
1yesfemme
1yesfan
yesrolfer
gt76yesman
Awaken1976
the whale
sunhugger
yesireebob
tardistraveler

Postby yesireebob » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:25 am

OK, I have cleared the decks and will be going. Will make reservations tomorrow...
yesireebob

Postby tardistraveler » Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:33 pm

yesireebob wrote:OK, I have cleared the decks and will be going. Will make reservations tomorrow...

FANTASTIC! I'm so excited to finally MEET you! :D

So, here's the revised list . . .

Definite

tardistraveler
tribute1969
Scooty
sissywoods
Bobby45
deelovesyes
Amy
Jackaranda/jackgowen
Thoughtbecontact