I'm so outta here.

Moderator: N2yes

I'm so outta here.

Postby relayer4u » Wed May 24, 2006 4:07 am

I'm officially moving my home to that "other" Yes board. I'll miss a whole bunch of you folks very much. I'm sure that I'll come back here come tour time to see if I can help with info or advice but that will be about the limit of my participation here from now on.

You people rock:

Ed (admin): Thank you for all you do!
Chris
Diane
Nolan
Eric
Michele (miss you!)
Jack (miss you!)
Paula
Christine
Linda
Me Heffe Jeff (miss you bad!)
Simon
Ed (UK)
Tom
Chris (uk)
Dr Yes
Chris (Stout, miss you!)
qman
Ray (gates, miss you!)
Ken
Lyth (miss you!)
Ancient
Tater
Proghead
Shedend
eyesoflove1
Da Miz! (the truth hurts brother!)
Massos (miss you!)
Renato (miss you!)

It's been a hell of a ride and I really appreciate the support you all have given me through some tough times.

Just got to a point in life when it's time to move on.

Love ya people, we'll talk a bit when Jon is ready I guess.

[:yes]

Ray C. [:f3]

"This to just remind you, All is meant to be."
relayer4u

Starship Trooper

Postby tribute1969 » Wed May 24, 2006 5:41 am

Tired of going both ways...??
You forgot to thank the goats.....!!!
WAR IS OVER! IF YOU WANT IT!
John and Yoko Ono Lennon-1969
WE HAVEN'T HAD THAT SPIRIT HERE SINCE 1969...
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby Dr_Yes » Wed May 24, 2006 9:44 am

relayer4u wrote:I'm officially moving my home to that "other" Yes board. I'll miss a whole bunch of you folks very much. I'm sure that I'll come back here come tour time to see if I can help with info or advice but that will be about the limit of my participation here from now on.

You people rock:

Chris
Diane
Nolan
Eric
Michele (miss you!)
Jack (miss you!)
Paula
Christine
Linda
Simon
Ed (UK)
Tom
Chris (uk)
Dr Yes
Chris (Stout, miss you!)
qman
Ray (gates, miss you!)
Ken
Lyth (miss you!)
Ancient
Tater
Proghead
Shedend
eyesoflove1
Massos (miss you!)
Renato (miss you!)

It's been a hell of a ride and I really appreciate the support you all have given me through some tough times.

Sorry to hear it, but know what you mean about it sometimes being the right time to move on. Best wishes in everything you do. I am sure I will bump into you soon - here or there ;) .

Take care of yourself,

Dave.
[CENTER]Monkey Funch World - The Home of Monkey Magic:
www.myspace.com/monkeyfunch

www.monkeyfunch.com[/CENTER]
Dr_Yes

Postby khalpin » Wed May 24, 2006 1:14 pm

relayer4u wrote:I'm officially moving my home to that "other" Yes board. I'll miss a whole bunch of you folks very much. I'm sure that I'll come back here come tour time to see if I can help with info or advice but that will be about the limit of my participation here from now on.

You people rock:

Chris
Diane
Nolan
Eric
Michele (miss you!)
Jack (miss you!)
Paula
Christine
Linda
Simon
Ed (UK)
Tom
Chris (uk)
Dr Yes
Chris (Stout, miss you!)
qman
Ray (gates, miss you!)
Ken
Lyth (miss you!)
Ancient
Tater
Proghead
Shedend
eyesoflove1
Massos (miss you!)
Renato (miss you!)

I feel so neglected... :icon_sad
khalpin

Starship Trooper

Postby proghead » Wed May 24, 2006 1:21 pm

This place just ain't going to be the same without you. We had some great discussions. Did the cigarette smoke get to you? I tried to kep it near the window in the chat room. If it wasn't for Ray I would have never had great seats at the 35th Anniversary Yes tour here in Detroit. Take Care there dude. Wish I could talk you out of leaving. I don't come around much myself but when I do I 'm here.
Progressive will never be a popular form of music simply due to the fact that the average person has a 'attention span' of less than three minutes with a simple beat.
proghead

Veteran Member

Postby Roan's Lady » Wed May 24, 2006 9:24 pm

You people rock:

Chris
Diane
Nolan
Eric
Michele (miss you!)
Jack (miss you!)
Paula
Christine
Linda
Simon
Ed (UK)
Tom
Chris (uk)
Dr Yes
Chris (Stout, miss you!)
qman
Ray (gates, miss you!)
Ken
Lyth (miss you!)
Ancient
Tater
Proghead
Shedend
eyesoflove1
Massos (miss you!)
Renato (miss you!)

Ray, while I don't have issue with your choice of what website interests you the most, I find your post (as well as your updated profile in which you state "Yesfans.com" as your "interest") unnecessary and not especially tactful.
You take care, and it was nice knowing you in the capacity that I did.

Amy
hope's as high as the sun today...
~moon safari
Roan's Lady

Postby Ed1909 » Wed May 24, 2006 10:57 pm

Dude, why not just drop by both forums? I see you have the "bored" current mood avatar thingy. I do hope that's a reflection on current Yes activity.

Personally I don't like the extremely large number of forums at Yesfans; just don't have the time to explore them all! However, there's still a lot of all good people there including your good self. Don't fall away from here completely - you know it makes sense! :)
High vibration go on...
Ed1909

Starship Trooper

Postby relayer4u » Thu May 25, 2006 2:24 am

Roan's Lady wrote:Ray, while I don't have issue with your choice of what website interests you the most, I find your post (as well as your updated profile in which you state "Yesfans.com" as your "interest") unnecessary and not especially tactful.
You take care, and it was nice knowing you in the capacity that I did.

Amy

If you found my updated profile unnecessary and not especially tactful, don't worry I fixed it.

But to say my post is unnecessary and not especially tactful is a load of you know what.

As long as I have been around these parts, I should certainly be entitled to say my goodbyes to those I have enjoyed and shared life with however I wish.

There are no negative comments or concerns that a moderator needs to guard against. People that I didn't list, I either never really hooked up with, or I don't like their stance in life. I'm sure the other members here are capable of knowing what that means.

If you don't know where you stand with me, it's the 2nd part for you.

I couldn't care less what you think of my original post.

The reason I am saying goodbye is I'm tired of going to meet my friends and someone there always says "He's from Yestalk". Used to be there was pride in my stance when they said that, but that pride is gone. Too many of the good ones have gone into hibernation and nobody really cares how many CDs Danny can listen to and post about every day.

You do what you want to do]

relayer4u

Starship Trooper

Postby Roan's Lady » Thu May 25, 2006 3:00 am

relayer4u wrote:If you found my updated profile unnecessary and not especially tactful, don't worry I fixed it.

But to say my post is unnecessary and not especially tactful is a load of you know what.

I think to come on a website and announce that you are making another one your "home" is akin to a slap in the face, as well as having a self-indulgent, drama-queen element that I find distasteful. I have a right to my opinion, as do you, Ray.

relayer4u wrote: As long as I have been around these parts, I should certainly be entitled to say my goodbyes to those I have enjoyed and shared life with however I wish.

No doubt about that - that isn't what I take issue with.

relayer4u wrote: There are no negative comments or concerns that a moderator needs to guard against. People that I didn't list, I either never really hooked up with, or I don't like their stance in life. I'm sure the other members here are capable of knowing what that means.

If you don't know where you stand with me, it's the 2nd part for you.

I'm sorry to hear that, Ray. I had no idea you felt that way about me. Perhaps, too, consider that you may not fully know what my "stance in life" is, being that we have not met and you do not really know my life, short of what comes through in my posts, and in chat conversations, which, incidentally, I have always enjoyed with you.

relayer4u wrote:The reason I am saying goodbye is I'm tired of going to meet my friends and someone there always says "He's from Yestalk".

It's a shame that people can't simply say, "Hey, it's cool you're a fan of Yes", instead of identifying someone with a website. Much more unifying and real.

relayer4u wrote:...and nobody really cares how many CDs Danny can listen to and post about every day.

That's a pretty mean-spirited (and inaccurate) comment.

relayer4u wrote: You do what you want to do]
I have no intention of doing that; why would I? I can feel insulted and hurt without having to wipe away the source of it.

relayer4u wrote:I just want to be a fan with my friends, that's all. People that know me here (except one, and I forgave them already) don't jump me for having my own opinion, and they will wish me the best.
I am who I am comfortable with.

As well you should be. Despite what opinions you have formed of me, and this site, Ray, I had always thought of you as a pretty upstanding and good guy. I find this all rather bewildering, but that's how things go sometimes.

Take it easy.
~moon safari
Roan's Lady

Postby relayer4u » Thu May 25, 2006 4:12 am

[quote="Roan's Lady"]I think to come on a website and announce that you are making another one your "home" is akin to a slap in the face, as well as having a self-indulgent, drama-queen element that I find distasteful. I have a right to my opinion, as do you, Ray.

No doubt about that - that isn't what I take issue with.

I'm sorry to hear that, Ray. I had no idea you felt that way about me. Perhaps, too, consider that you may not fully know what my "stance in life" is, being that we have not met and you do not really know my life, short of what comes through in my posts, and in chat conversations, which, incidentally, I have always enjoyed with you.

It's a shame that people can't simply say, "Hey, it's cool you're a fan of Yes", instead of identifying someone with a website. Much more unifying and real.

That's a pretty mean-spirited (and inaccurate) comment.

I have no intention of doing that]

It should be a slap in the face!

Drama Queen, really.

I have supported and helped the membership here for many years. For what?, the love of Yes and their fans, and that is all I have done. Poor choice on your part to start calling me out for attention, I believe. I'm stating my unhappyness with this sites direction, nothing more.

Yestalk used to be a vibrant Yes home for me. Maybe you can wake every one up in time to save this place.

Cut and past my words all you want, it doesn't change the truth of the matter.

Agreed, is is mean to single out one problem, but if you search out the last 500 posts, 480 are in NP: Hear to Hear.

I do apologize to every one else. Including Dan man, we all do what we feel, I was just trying to give everyone the idea that we don't talk much about Yes here anymore.

I would relish the chance to come back as a proud Yestalk member in the future, but that is not up to me.

tAKE CARe YOU CRAZY foLK!

relayer4u

Starship Trooper

Postby tribute1969 » Thu May 25, 2006 5:56 pm

Here's "HOWE" I look at it....Having a relationship with YES, other Yes fans at:

Yesfans is like your fulltime job, marriage, main course of a meal, etc :)
YesTalk is like your weekends away, mistress, dessert, etc :D

Both have there advantages/disadvantages...... :confused:
It's just a question of balance....... ;)

or it could be that hat Ray's been wearing, it's squeezing too tightly... :eek:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby Terry Shea » Thu May 25, 2006 10:53 pm

Roan's Lady wrote:I think to come on a website and announce that you are making another one your "home" is akin to a slap in the face, as well as having a self-indulgent, drama-queen element that I find distasteful. I have a right to my opinion, as do you, Ray.

It's a shame that people can't simply say, "Hey, it's cool you're a fan of Yes", instead of identifying someone with a website. Much more unifying and [I]real.
Good Lord Amy, look in the mirror...never mind you'd probably just be infatuated by your own reflection. Seriously, you may want to seek professional help about your control issues.

Why can't you just say to Ray:
"Hey, it's cool you're a fan of Yes", instead of identifying him with a website and calling him out as being a "drama queen" simply because it isn't a website you have any influence or control over? Or don't you live by your own words? Why tear into someone when he's out the door? Why can't you just let it go? Talk about being petty and vindictive! What good could possibly come from this? Why such negativity from you all the time? Is that in the spirit of Yes? I think not. I've gotta believe it's attitudes and control issues like you just demonstrated that is causing people to leave here and is resulting in so much less participation than was here previously.

When I arrived here this was a fun place to post and all of the forums were very active. It seems like it wasn't long after you became a moderator and started exerting your undue influence that people started leaving and the number of posts in each forum started to dwindle. Coincidence? I think not.
My personal myspace page:
http://www.myspace.com/terryshea
My music myspace page:
http://www.myspace.com/ahdubicke
Ignore the problem and it will go away.-some dead moron
Terry Shea

Charter Member

Postby tribute1969 » Fri May 26, 2006 12:49 am

This gonna be good.....So Terry thinks it's Roan's Lady squeezing too tightly..

tribute1969 wrote:or it could be that hat Ray's been wearing, it's squeezing too tightly... :eek:
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby proghead » Fri May 26, 2006 12:49 am

God folks this is getting really ugly. And the problem is that it's getting ugly for no apparent reason. I hate to break anyone's bubble here, but I have never seen this web site very active and I've been here for many years now. I still like this site and the people here but I just accept the fact it's not that active and it's NOBODYS fault. That's why I, like a lot of people here, get on multiple music sites. There is nothing wrong with that. I also believe that this site isn't as active because there really isn't much to say about Yes anymore. It seems any off topic you can think of has been covered on here numerous times already. That might be why Alternate Tunes is more active. ANyone that complains about moderators should be available to be a moderator themselves. I personally would never want the responsibility therefore I would never complain about it.
Progressive will never be a popular form of music simply due to the fact that the average person has a 'attention span' of less than three minutes with a simple beat.
proghead

Veteran Member

Postby proghead » Fri May 26, 2006 1:09 am

Ray;
In case you ever come back one more time. Just to let you know that I sent you a PM.

Take Care

proghead
proghead

Veteran Member

Postby Relayer » Fri May 26, 2006 1:20 am

Hey Ray
Hope everythings good man, you were one of the first folks I met here, we spent lot nights at Progresseivesoundscapes with Michelle, and Ren, Orf etc., I miss all you guys and whatever happens I wanna say thanks for making all that cool.

Dave
Relayer

Starship Trooper

Postby N2yes » Fri May 26, 2006 3:21 am

Interestingly enough, I had a post in this thread and it inexplicably disappeared. Ray has made a choice and although we who know him will miss him greatly, the inactivity of late has made the site a wee bit on the dull side. However, it is we who are the members and it's really up to us how active or dormant we make it. For me, I am somewhat to blame as I am in the midst of changing jobs once again and it has taken alot of my time preparing. But, I'm always here in one form or the other, lurking or posting. It's a rise and fall so closely linked with YES activity and it has actually been the way of things for quite some time. Ebb and flow...ebb and flow.
Ray has his reasons and i will honor them for I know him to be the best of men. His approach to all of this, well, that's his way. Sure, it seems a bit out of the blue, so to speak and I am admittedly shocked, but again, something drove him to it.
Let's all simmer down a tad here and move on ( with Ray in tow...I hope ). The cardinal rule here is never to insult another member. I think enough of that has already transpired.
Get your butt back here, Ray....when and as soon as you can. It is a lifetime membership only to be revoked by the Pope and I know he likes ya! ; )
"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"
N2yes

Starship Trooper

Postby in2yes » Fri May 26, 2006 3:53 am

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( !!!!
I still :icon_love you! I know where to find you!!
"...whatever thought you have, can become a new dream..."
in2yes

Charter Member

Postby Roan's Lady » Fri May 26, 2006 4:12 am

It is refreshing to read voices of reason. Thank you to those with such voices - I appreciate it. :)

~moon safari
Roan's Lady

Postby Dr_Yes » Fri May 26, 2006 9:48 am

Terry Shea wrote:Good Lord Amy, look in the mirror...never mind you'd probably just be infatuated by your own reflection. Seriously, you may want to seek professional help about your control issues.

"Hey, it's cool you're a fan of Yes", instead of identifying him with a website and calling him out as being a "drama queen" simply because it isn't a website you have any influence or control over? Or don't you live by your own words? Why tear into someone when he's out the door? Why can't you just let it go? Talk about being petty and vindictive! What good could possibly come from this? Why such negativity from you all the time? Is that in the spirit of Yes? I think not. I've gotta believe it's attitudes and control issues like you just demonstrated that is causing people to leave here and is resulting in so much less participation than was here previously.

When I arrived here this was a fun place to post and all of the forums were very active. It seems like it wasn't long after you became a moderator and started exerting your undue influence that people started leaving and the number of posts in each forum started to dwindle. Coincidence? I think not.

Terry, I think you're being way out of line with this attack and maybe should consider a retraction. Your choice of course, but I think you've been unduly hard on Amy, and not accurate in your accusations. If the activity on the mods forum is anything to go by, there is very little 'moderation' here at all, period.

While I agree it's pretty quiet at the moment - not surprising given Yes' hiatus - YesTalk has always being a lot, lot quieter than other forums - at least in my time, and I've been here since 2000 or early 2001. It's up to those of us that ARE here to stimulate it, and if we're NOT doing that, then it will tick over for a while until things pick up in the real world and we have something fresh to talk about.

What I think strikes me as strange is why Ray made such a public announcement of his departure, which read a bit like a slap in the face. I don't pretend to know what's going on in his world, but I'll say it once again - I don't understand why people make a big announcement that they're leaving before flouncing out the door, only to keep coming back to check to see how many people noticed!!!! If you wanna go, go. No one's stopping you. If you don't like it here, don't come here. You're a free individual, and free to make your own adult decisions on where you go and who you talk to.

Maybe this is the drama queen element that Amy is referring to. You've got to admit, it's a bit odd for someone to need to keep coming back to check up on the impact. Isn't it?

Dr_Yes

Postby tardistraveler » Sat May 27, 2006 4:46 am

Ray, I'll miss seeing you around this place - hope you stop by - I've "swung both ways" for quite some time! :D
tardistraveler

Postby yes_angel » Sat May 27, 2006 6:10 am

:D Everybody needs a new YES album and Tour so we can all argue over that ;)
yes_angel

Veteran Member

Postby Roan's Lady » Sat May 27, 2006 2:07 pm

[quote="yes_angel"] :D Everybody needs a new YES album and Tour so we can all argue over that ]

I won't argue that. ;)
~moon safari
Roan's Lady

Postby gingerbaker » Mon May 29, 2006 3:16 pm

Terry Shea wrote:Good Lord Amy, look in the mirror...never mind you'd probably just be infatuated by your own reflection. Seriously, you may want to seek professional help about your control issues.

When I arrived here this was a fun place to post and all of the forums were very active. It seems like it wasn't long after you became a moderator and started exerting your undue influence that people started leaving and the number of posts in each forum started to dwindle.

Coincidence? I think not.

Terry Shea, i don't believe Amy was being vindictive at all. I will say that the post was a lot of drama over nothing. For a minute i thought he was on his death bed or something. All that posting and the listing of all the people he will miss, Jesus cut me a break. And then mentioning where he was going. Children play like this!
gingerbaker

Postby qman » Wed May 31, 2006 3:21 am

Later dude, thanks for all your posts. :)
Every now and then the ball bounces your way :-)
qman

Charter Member

Postby Thoughtbecontact » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:35 am

Dr_Yes wrote:What I think strikes me as strange is why Ray made such a public announcement of his departure, which read a bit like a slap in the face. I don't pretend to know what's going on in his world, but I'll say it once again - I don't understand why people make a big announcement that they're leaving before flouncing out the door, only to keep coming back to check to see how many people noticed!!!! If you wanna go, go. No one's stopping you. If you don't like it here, don't come here. You're a free individual, and free to make your own adult decisions on where you go and who you talk to.

Maybe this is the drama queen element that Amy is referring to. You've got to admit, it's a bit odd for someone to need to keep coming back to check up on the impact. Isn't it?

I wholeheartedly agree with you here, Dave, and I would like to back up Amy on this, too. After all, how much have we seen of these public pronouncements of I'm leaving Yesfans, I'm leaving Yestalk or I'm leaving All Good People? Frankly, it gets very tiresome. It's an individual's perogative to participate in or leave a website. Chances are that the majority of members on a given site won't know what pissed off the member in question anyway. So if something has soured, PM or e-mail those with whom you really want to keep in contact, but leave quietly. You're never going to like everyone on a particular site. All the Yes sites have good people; they all have odd people too. We all have our main "Yes homes," and there's nothing wrong with that. But one should celebrate the uniqueness of each site and take what you can from it.
AWAKEN/GENTLE/MASS/TOUCH
Thoughtbecontact

Veteran Member

Postby Dr_Yes » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:16 am

[quote="Thoughtbecontact"]I wholeheartedly agree with you here, Dave, and I would like to back up Amy on this, too. After all, how much have we seen of these public pronouncements of I'm leaving Yesfans, I'm leaving Yestalk or I'm leaving All Good People? Frankly, it gets very tiresome. It's an individual's perogative to participate in or leave a website. Chances are that the majority of members on a given site won't know what pissed off the member in question anyway. So if something has soured, PM or e-mail those with whom you really want to keep in contact, but leave quietly. You're never going to like everyone on a particular site. All the Yes sites have good people]

Thanks for your words of wisdom Arlene.

Dr_Yes

Postby Roan's Lady » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:55 pm

Dr_Yes wrote:Thanks for your words of wisdom Arlene.

Ditto to this, and thanks as well to ginger and Doc.
This thread has been read just a heap of times, hasn't it? Why, I'll bet it's been read by people who otherwise would hardly come around here! ;)
Much as we put off disagreement and controversy, it makes for interesting reading, you must admit, and some fascinating insight into how people think.
I like that aspect of it all.
~moon safari
Roan's Lady

Postby IngnoZac » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:50 am

Hm... I feel happy for the remembrance... still, i dont get what happened here O.o''
If you read this line, remember not the hand that wrote it
Remember only the verse, songmaker`s cry, the one without tears
For I`ve given this its strength and it has become my only strength.
IngnoZac

Starship Trooper

Postby Roan's Lady » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:15 pm

IngnoZac wrote:Hm... I feel happy for the remembrance... still, i dont get what happened here O.o''

Change we must, as surely time does, changes call the course.

It happens!
~moon safari
Roan's Lady

Next

Return to YEStalk