I met Renato!!

Moderator: N2yes

I met Renato!!

Postby psychopomp95 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:53 am

that's "IngnoZac" to those of you not in the know, but then most of you who don't won't care much anyway :p

Anyway... about a month back, I happened to wander back to this site (been too long, yes, I know) and Renato had sent me a private message a few days previous, letting me know he would be in Vancouver sometime in early August!! So alright, sounds good :) I send him back a message, we sort out some possible times to meet up (he has ten days here) and all goes smoothly... well, sort of! ;) Things comes up on both the first full day he's here (fireworks in downtown Van on that night make it IMPOSSIBLE to drive into town at approx. 6, which is when he's free), and on the Saturday too (he's busy until 5 and I have a gig near my home that starts at 7... not enough time). So on his last full day here, which was last Wednesday I figure I'd better stop procrastinating and get downtown... we get to hang out for about an hour and a half, during which Renato wants to check out the courses at Vancouver Film School! We end up taking an informative tour there, wander around downtown Van for a bit longer, then his time is already up as he is off to lunch with his family and I have to be off to work... just before I'm on my way, he gives me a box as a gift; I open it and inside is a beautiful football shirt for the Brazilian team Fluminense!! Wow, these things can't grow on trees.... I feel bad since I have nothing in return, but I told Renato to send his address to me and I'd take care of that eventually!

So anyway - thanks Renato! :D It was excellent to meet you and the shirt is great, I'm wearing it again right now (in fact, I just got back from a date with my girl and I think it's a good luck shirt ;) )... I only hope any other YESTalk meetings I have will be as good as this one! :)
psychopomp95

Starship Trooper

Postby khalpin » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:30 pm

WOW!!! That's pretty cool. Sounds like a good time. I love hearing stories like that.
khalpin

Starship Trooper

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:15 pm

Sounds fun, but I'd rather meet a Yestalk naked woman [color=green]or aBrazilian chick [/color]in tonga! :salook: :jestera: (hahahahhahaha)
I've met some YesFans people at a gathering in So. Cal, but I didn't really know them beforehand because I rarely post on YesFans.
That'd be a trip to meet everyone who regularly posts on Yestalk, even though I have had disputes with them for a few years now, and they probably think I am...er...well, weird...
One thing about Yes people that I've noticed, when I meet them, is that they are rather reserved, sort of like at a Junior High dance.
[CENTER][font=Arial][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby tribute1969 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:19 pm

I'm thinking I would rather meet Shakira when she's wearing that Relayer shirt too but sometimes it's still fun to meet folks you've become familar with by reading their posts, emailing/PMing with etc. WE (YESTalkers/YesFans) are a big, international extended family and at least musically have alot in common, sometimes more than actual family relatives...lol
We had a YesFans gathering here in Nashville last fall and I got to meet 35-40 folks that were just like I thought they would be after knowing them thru the internet. Before that, Diane and I met Roger/hennie552001 of YesTalk and from Norway along with 4-5 of his friends when they were in Nashville. Also this summer Pete/Symbol of YesFans from Texas passed thru Nashville and met up with Diane/tardistraveler and myself separately. Pete and I were unsuccessful in running into Adrian Belew who lives around my neck of the woods but had fun talking about it.....
Now if Shakira would just stop by.......in my dreams.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WAR IS OVER! IF YOU WANT IT!
John and Yoko Ono Lennon-1969
WE HAVEN'T HAD THAT SPIRIT HERE SINCE 1969...
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:14 pm

tribute1969 wrote:Now if Shakira would just stop by.......in my dreams.....

Perhaps we should invite her to the next fan gathering . . . ;)

Wish I had one of those shirts!

It IS cool meeting other fans - I've been to a number of fan gatherings and pre-concert events and have met MANY of you out here in the Yesiverse! Glad you had the chance to meet Renato!
tardistraveler

Postby IngnoZac » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:54 pm

Yay!

That was a hell of a trip! :D
Really liked the town, and, although we had some hard time to get our walk set, we could do it. It was really fun, worth the 16h flight. hahaha

I'm glad you liked the shirt and that it brought you luck ;) Also, you should've watched the match last weekend. Fluminense won, scoring at 44' 2nd half, after being losing for 2x1. :D That's my team!... I mean, OUR TEAM! \o/

And Vancouver Film School is so.... *-*
If you read this line, remember not the hand that wrote it
Remember only the verse, songmaker`s cry, the one without tears
For I`ve given this its strength and it has become my only strength.
IngnoZac

Starship Trooper

Return to YEStalk