[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YEStalk Discussion Forums • View topic - Not trying to be the Black Angel...

Not trying to be the Black Angel...

Moderator: N2yes

Not trying to be the Black Angel...

Postby IngnoZac » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:24 pm

..., you know, that one that only shows up with bad news. Anyway, I though I should post this here (especially on the main forum, because of its importance).

The possible Pink Floyd Reunion Tour is now impossible...

R.I.P. Richard.
If you read this line, remember not the hand that wrote it
Remember only the verse, songmaker`s cry, the one without tears
For I`ve given this its strength and it has become my only strength.
IngnoZac

Starship Trooper

Re: Not trying to be the Black Angel...

Postby Kalingzeye » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:46 pm

Oh my god, I had no idea... wow...
Thanks for posting, but damn... that is horrible news...
RIP... >_> Damn this just really sucks...

:(
Kalingzeye

Postby Gary M. Thomas » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:03 pm

I was very saddened to hear of Richard Wright's passing.

We've lost an extremely talented composer and performer. He will be greatly missed.

May he rest in peace, as his music continues to live on forever.
[font=Book Antiqua][color=blue][/color][/font]
Gary M. Thomas

Veteran Member

Postby sound_chaser » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:59 pm

Yes, I was very sad when I read about this yesterday: Rick Wright has been a very important part of my life for a long time. A Pink Floyd reunion was highly unlikely however and David Gilmour made that very clear in this months Mojo magazine. But, Wright had been an important part of Gilmour’s touring band for the On An Island tour. Really, with the two true musicians and vocalists of Pink Floyd playing together, this was as close as we were going to get from the real thing. I was watching the extras DVD of Remember That Night a couple of weeks ago and it was nice to see that Wright was on sparkling form and seemed to have conquered his demons. It’s also nice that we did have a Pink Floyd reunion of sorts with the Live 8 performance and although it seems Waters wanted to make a go of it, Gilmour wasn’t interested in opening up old wounds. Rick Wright made a huge contribution to Pink Floyd though his understated keyboard skills, his talent as a songwriter and also for his remarkable quintessential English voice that blended so well in Harmonies with Gilmour. R.I.P Rick…and thanks.
sound_chaser

Postby IngnoZac » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:13 pm

As improbable as it was, it was still possible. And a dream to all fans.
If you read this line, remember not the hand that wrote it
Remember only the verse, songmaker`s cry, the one without tears
For I`ve given this its strength and it has become my only strength.
IngnoZac

Starship Trooper

Postby fragilesi » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:27 pm

I never really got the Floyd in a particularly big way but there's no doubt the music world lost someone special.

RIP
fragilesi

Starship Trooper

Postby happytheman » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:56 pm

If you want to "relive" some old memories... Big O has a couple of nice concerts from Pink Floyd up right now. A full Dark Side of the Moon from 74 and a great one from 71.
happytheman

Charter Member

Return to YEStalk