[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YEStalk Discussion Forums • View topic - Board update

Board update

Moderator: N2yes

Board update

Postby Ed Schaum » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:36 am

I've just updated the board software to the latest version.

There are some new features, I'm not exactly sure what they all are, but here are a few:

-social networking. Apparently now you can add friends and maybe other things to your me page, I guess similar to myspace. I haven't tried any of it out though, so not sure if there's anything useful in there.

-social bookmarking. You can now submit threads to digg, delicious, google, and stumbleupon. Feel free to submit any thread that you think is interesting, maybe it'll draw traffic.

-tags. You can tag threads. I have no idea what this is about.

-thumbnail viewing using lightbox. If a message has a picture with a thumbnail, you can view the full size pic by clicking and the pic is shown without making a new page.

I haven't updated all of the page templates yet so some features may not be available or they might not work right. You can change to the standard vb style if you want to check things by clicking on the dropdown at the bottom of most pages.

If something isn't working right, please let me know in this thread.

And if you come across additional features that I didn't mention, please bring them to our attention here too.

The rounded quotes feature wasn't working all afternoon but I finally got that one figured out so that should be working again.

There are also a couple of page formatting issues that I have to get figured out, so if you come across a page that isn't displaying correctly, please let me know here.

Ed
Ed Schaum

Re: Board update

Postby yesman90125 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:09 am

yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby Kalingzeye » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:55 am

HECKS YEAH. Duuude. Totally already customized my profile. I like it a lot. :p

The tags are so you can add, basically, keywords for a thread and people should be able to search or browse based on tags. It's used a lot in blogs and stuff. Like you tag 'music' or 'wakeman' or 'help' or 'tabs' or something in your post and people could click the tag at the bottom and view all other posts or threads with the same tag.

YAY I wanna add everyone as a friend now hehehe...

One of the big things I can play with is apparently you can add photo albums?! Dude yes! This is gonna be fun~
Kalingzeye

Postby electricfreedom » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:54 am

Wow I haven't been on this site in forever, but Kalingzeye's friend request sent me an email and reminded me about it! :cool:

Hey Ed, didnt you run the Guitarist's Complete Guide to Yes site? What happened to that? That site was awesome
electricfreedom

Location: Currently serving up a heaping helping of freedom in Germany

Postby Ed Schaum » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:27 pm

Ed Schaum

Postby sound_chaser » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:34 am

sound_chaser

Postby Ed Schaum » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:42 pm

Ed Schaum

Postby sound_chaser » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:05 am

sound_chaser

Postby happytheman » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:00 pm

happytheman

Charter Member

Postby Gary M. Thomas » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:50 pm

Ed... Great job with the new design !!! :)

Looks absolutely fantastic.

Thanks so much

[font=Book Antiqua][color=blue][/color][/font]
Gary M. Thomas

Veteran Member

Postby Ed Schaum » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:55 pm

Glad you like it. There are now around a half a dozen different colored themes available, including the old green theme that we had for a long time.

The changes I've made so far are pretty basic, I'm hoping to add a few graphical themes also.

Although the board is running a little faster, I'm not completely happy with the speed yet, so I'm still trying to get a little better performance from the database.

Ed
Ed Schaum

Postby Chris2210 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:02 pm

Ooohhh. Where am I? I knew I shouldn't have eaten those mushrooms.

Actually I like it - and I particularly like the use of the newer Dean Colophon. Some of the bits and bobs probably do need a bit of adjustment for the new colour scheme - but overall a nice bit of redecorating and it's looking fresh and contemporary. {I'm starting to sound like an interior designer. I need a lie down.}
I used to be agnostic. These days I'm not so sure.
Chris2210

Postby Kalingzeye » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:09 pm

Duuuuuuuuuuuuude. I LOVE THIS ONE. YEStalk Dark. Omg. I didn't ever think I'd like a dark one, I usually hate white on black... Totally using it.

My OOOOOne little OCD is that the title bar bg color isn't 100% black so the title image box is visible... it's so dark the way it is, might as well make it #000000 so that the image is seamless with it... and the little forum images have pixely white borders... oh and the random YESquote & bottom-of-the-forum text are still the old colors... those are just small adjustments, tho. But dude, niiiice. We/you should make more of these, hehehe... I want one based off the Montreau DVD case! *A*

If I make some sick ass color logos/spreads can you make a theme based off them? o_o
Kalingzeye

Postby Ed Schaum » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:26 pm

Ed Schaum

Postby yesman90125 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:43 pm

yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby Ed Schaum » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:08 pm

Ed Schaum

Postby yesman90125 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:48 pm

yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby Ed Schaum » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:54 pm

Ed Schaum

Postby Ed Schaum » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:14 pm

Ed Schaum

Postby Roan's Lady » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:25 pm

Wow - it looks wonderful here. Great, great job, Ed! :)
Roan's Lady

Postby yesman90125 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:09 pm

yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby Terry Shea » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:36 pm

Ughhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't like the black background with blue links. This is a Yes site. We need light, not darkness.
My personal myspace page:

My music myspace page:

Ignore the problem and it will go away.-some dead moron
Terry Shea

Charter Member

Postby yesman90125 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:56 pm

from what I can tell , you can go into Control Panel and then under options or something you can customize everything and see what you want to see
yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby Ed Schaum » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:31 am

Ed Schaum

Postby Terry Shea » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:28 pm

Thank you. Much better now. :)
My personal myspace page:

My music myspace page:

Ignore the problem and it will go away.-some dead moron
Terry Shea

Charter Member

Postby tardistraveler » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:32 pm

tardistraveler

Postby Dr_Yes » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:23 pm

[/CENTER]
Dr_Yes

Postby topographic_drama1980 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:58 pm

I really love this new format. It's fantastic. Thanks so much, Ed, for running this board with such care and hard work. :cool:
topographic_drama1980

Starship Trooper

Postby Roan's Lady » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:58 am

Roan's Lady

Postby Kalingzeye » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:19 am

Kalingzeye

Next

Return to YEStalk