[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YEStalk Discussion Forums • View topic - What's Yesfans got that Yestalk doesn't?

What's Yesfans got that Yestalk doesn't?

Moderator: N2yes

What's Yesfans got that Yestalk doesn't?

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:48 am

[CENTER][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Re: What's Yesfans got that Yestalk doesn't?

Postby Kalingzeye » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:56 am

Kalingzeye

Postby Terry Shea » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:31 am

We've got Kota! :)
My personal myspace page:

My music myspace page:

Ignore the problem and it will go away.-some dead moron
Terry Shea

Charter Member

Postby yesman90125 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:45 am

Others will likely weigh in. Both places are useful in terms of community. It's just a different vibe. here I am more relaxed and more honest.
It feels a bit like coming home after a long day and relaxing with friends. even if I dont agree with them all the time. The paces are different the personalities are different.(even though some of them are the same) There seems to be more of a need for moderators there while this group seems to work things out pretty well for themselves.I find this place to be more free flowing and expressive. while the other place is a bit more intense and out of balance.
dont get me wrong I like it when things are a bit intense and out of balance. but I also like to talk to the grown ups too. I would say that in terms of the internet I think of Yestalk as home and I think of Yesfans in terms of hanging at the bar or at a sporting event.
my parents used to say that the best part about taking vaccation was getting home and sleeping in your own bed.
I think that metaphor works well.
AND WE HAVE KOTA!!!!
yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:03 am

Yesfans seems a bit corporate. It is probably the first site people find when they google "yes forums fan clubs, etc.

Actually Yestalk only has about 15 visitors daily it seems..
[CENTER][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:12 am

Only 29 users today, 2 online currently.
Don't know if Relayer4U has come back from his official abandonment of Yestalk for Yesfans.
Tribute 69 hasn't been for a while....

Not everyone is on a computer all day
[CENTER][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby yesman90125 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:26 am

yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby Tomfoolery » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:30 am

"The word is love and the time is now, and it's right for me"
Tomfoolery

Postby sound_chaser » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:03 am

sound_chaser

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:37 pm

[CENTER][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:50 pm

tardistraveler

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:53 pm

[CENTER][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby tribute1969 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:01 pm

WAR IS OVER! IF YOU WANT IT!
John and Yoko Ono Lennon-1969
WE HAVEN'T HAD THAT SPIRIT HERE SINCE 1969...
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:07 am

[CENTER][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby tribute1969 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:32 pm

WAR IS OVER! IF YOU WANT IT!
John and Yoko Ono Lennon-1969
WE HAVEN'T HAD THAT SPIRIT HERE SINCE 1969...
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:10 am

You missed it today as there was a herd of 40 of the sqwawkin beasts
[CENTER][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:33 pm

Yestalk gathering at Greenglade's!

I want to see the peacocks . . . I'm sure they can be annoying, but they're just so beautiful . . . :)

Yestalk USED to have the best chatroom . . . we need to get that cranked up again . . . ;)
tardistraveler

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:42 pm

[CENTER][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby N2yes » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:43 am

"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"
N2yes

Starship Trooper

Postby yesman90125 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:41 am

yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby 2Lizard4 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:32 am

perigee3
2Lizard4

Charter Member

Postby 2Lizard4 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:35 am

perigee3
2Lizard4

Charter Member

Postby 2Lizard4 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:38 am

perigee3
2Lizard4

Charter Member

Postby Tomfoolery » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:52 am

"The word is love and the time is now, and it's right for me"
Tomfoolery

Postby happytheman » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:25 am

happytheman

Charter Member

Postby yesireebob » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:51 pm

"Yesfans is like New York City, YesTalk is like Nantucket."

There once was a site from Nantucket ... ; ]

I agree the biggest factor is the link to YesWorld. Most people stick with the first thing they run across. I actually found Yestalk BEFORE Yesfans, not sure how that happened. But I lurked a bit on both sites before settling on YT. At that time, I just prefered the vibe here. It was more intimate, philosophic, friendly. People sent personal e-mails that have led to on-going friendships outside the board. Chat was great. Then, and now, there is only so much time I am going to spend on any on-line forum, so getting truly entrenched in multiple forums is out of the question for me. Although I check in periodically and post very occaisonally, I am not really a presence in either YF or AGP. If YT disappeared, I would move to AGP over YF.

I agree with Nolan that there is a certain Squire worship element at YF. Musing further, the fact that band members and/or their significant others post on certain forums results in members taking sides and getting involved in band politics. This tends to lead to big bru-ha-has over things that really shouldn't be the concern of fans simply seeking discourse with other people with similar musical tastes and what not. Personally, I find that a turn off. I also think the presence of band members tends to chill honest discussion about the band and its music. To me, these forums are about the music and what that music means to the fans, not about the idolization of band members or the desire to be their best friends.

Having said that, I have met most of the band members and was thrilled to do so. If I were to have any of them as personal friends, it would be Rick because he seems to me to be the most genuine and egoless of the lot. And Jon, who once sat down next to my son, then 16, at an airport and engaged in an earnest discussion about music and angels. But, that is not what I am HERE for. I think fan forums are for fans, not band members. And I feel comfortable saying that here. That's why I am here!
yesireebob

Postby yesireebob » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:55 pm

Oh, and we DO have Kota!!! That's huge!
yesireebob

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:56 am

Once in a while, Big Brother-type Establishment monitors and censors, ready to pounce on dissent
[CENTER][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Postby yesman90125 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:05 am

yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby Greenglade's Frog » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:47 am

I quote YESMAN 90125 :" Luckily since our previous drawn out encounter I've run across[political] Idiots like you often on forums (though arguably none as ignorant)
and now I understand much more clearly where your mentality is at"

This above is reason for Yesman to be banned.

He just showed disrespect by using the word "idiot". He has violated terms and conditions of use on Yestalk.

I got banned right after Yesman edited his post, and he used obscenities against me, but quickly erased them the moment N2Yes the moderator started reading that political thread momths ago. If he had been online and seen what Yesman wrote, just a split second before Yesman edited his post, he would have been banned for 3 months or whatever.

Yesman has the right to disagree, but so do I. His insults to me are direct. I never insult or provoke anything.

I hope you reap what you sow.
[CENTER][/font][/CENTER]
Greenglade's Frog

Starship Trooper

Next

Return to YEStalk