Thoughts & Prayers needed for Chris

Moderator: N2yes

Thoughts & Prayers needed for Chris

Postby the greenman » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:23 am

Apparently, last night's concert was cancelled due to some 'medical emergency' involving Chris. People are saying 'a blood clot' but details are patchy. (there's a couple of threads over on Yesfans about it).

So hold Chris, Scotty & little Xilan - and all the Squireclan - up in your hearts at this difficult time.
the greenman

Veteran Member

Re: Thoughts & Prayers needed for Chris

Postby fragilesi » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:33 am

What awful news.

Chris and family will be in my thoughts of course until fully recovered and thundering out Machine Messiah once more!
fragilesi

Starship Trooper

Postby Wakemaniac » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:48 pm

the greenman wrote:Apparently, last night's concert was cancelled due to some 'medical emergency' involving Chris. People are saying 'a blood clot' but details are patchy. (there's a couple of threads over on Yesfans about it).

So hold Chris, Scotty & little Xilan - and all the Squireclan - up in your hearts at this difficult time.
YES I DO!!

Yes I just heard the news what a shock!!!I hope Chris is out of danger...My heart aches.And YES I pray for his speedy recovery....Poor Scotty!!She really doesn't need that at all.Please let me know-in thread-if any improvements.Thanks ,a worried Caroline
Caroline [:yes]songs
Wakemaniac

Postby Dr_Yes » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:54 pm

I hope Chris is okay and going to make a full recovery. Hang in there big guy.

My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.
[CENTER]Monkey Funch World - The Home of Monkey Magic:
www.myspace.com/monkeyfunch

www.monkeyfunch.com[/CENTER]
Dr_Yes

Postby Chris2210 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:22 pm

So this is some problem with Chris, rather than the baby? Bad news after bad. Must be a lot of stress going on there. It also makes you stop and wonder if there wasn't some pressing imperative for Chris and his family to do this current tour.

This is desperately sad news. We can only wish for things to resolve themselves happily.
I used to be agnostic. These days I'm not so sure.
Chris2210

Postby tardistraveler » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:54 pm

Healing thoughts going out to Chris and his family today . . .
tardistraveler

Postby the greenman » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:08 pm

Chris2210 wrote:So this is some problem with Chris, rather than the baby? Bad news after bad. Must be a lot of stress going on there. It also makes you stop and wonder if there wasn't some pressing imperative for Chris and his family to do this current tour.

This is desperately sad news. We can only wish for things to resolve themselves happily.

Yes, as far as I can gather it's Chris this time - boy that family's having a rough ride at the moment.

As to 'pressing imperatives' well the guys a musician - he wants to get out there & play & has been frustrated cos for the last few years he hasn't been able to... & of course, its how he earns his living..
the greenman

Veteran Member

Postby tardistraveler » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:33 pm

The news is that it involves a blood clot. I'm hearing through the grapevine that Chris is doing "OK", whatever that means. Don't know any more than that.
tardistraveler

Postby coalescestudionyc » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:50 pm

Well, as someone who just spent three days in the hospital last week with a blood clot in my left leg and my lung, my thoughts are with him, too.

I hope this prompts him to make lifestyle changes needed to be OK. My treatment is 5 self-administered shots of Lovenox and six months of Warfarin. I still don't know what caused it, as I have no family history of blood clots, I don't drink or smoke, and haven't been on a plane in over 10 months. The only thing I can think of is that I'm commuting on a train 3 hours a day to NYC and I have to be a little more active while on the train. Looks like I'll have to have "Sound Chaser" on a 90-minute loop to keep my feet tapping...

Michael
coalescestudionyc

Veteran Member

Postby tardistraveler » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:32 pm

coalescestudionyc wrote:Well, as someone who just spent three days in the hospital last week with a blood clot in my left leg and my lung, my thoughts are with him, too.

I hope this prompts him to make lifestyle changes needed to be OK. My treatment is 5 self-administered shots of Lovenox and six months of Warfarin. I still don't know what caused it, as I have no family history of blood clots, I don't drink or smoke, and haven't been on a plane in over 10 months. The only thing I can think of is that I'm commuting on a train 3 hours a day to NYC and I have to be a little more active while on the train. Looks like I'll have to have "Sound Chaser" on a 90-minute loop to keep my feet tapping...

Michael

Goodness!

I hope YOU are feeling better, and continue healing . . . :)
tardistraveler

Postby yesireebob » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:48 am

Wow, that is a lot of stress for one family to deal with. My thoughts are with them.
yesireebob

Postby tribute1969 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:47 am

Hopefully Jon will reach out to Chris in HIS time of need....
They both need healing....
Between this and his newborn's health issues one would think
that now is NOT the time to put the stress of a tour on top of things...

Sometimes events occur that are life altering for reasons not expected...

PS-Chris..lay off the spandex too...we all suspected you may have still been wearing it under
your normal concert attair...Spandex has been proven to be hazardous to your health
WAR IS OVER! IF YOU WANT IT!
John and Yoko Ono Lennon-1969
WE HAVEN'T HAD THAT SPIRIT HERE SINCE 1969...
Hotel California
tribute1969

Starship Trooper

Postby Gary M. Thomas » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:34 am

My deepest thoughts and hopes are with you, Chris.

Your health is the top priority right now... the tour can wait till you've recovered.

I am praying that the healing powers of the Universe will surround you and heal you during your illness.

We all love you very much !!!

Please get well soon. :)
[font=Garamond][color=paleturquoise]"Oh closely guided plan, awaken in our hearts" [/color][/font]
Gary M. Thomas

Veteran Member

Postby yesman90125 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:28 pm

Well, Obviously I hope Chris is ok and recovers quickly .
I've noticed he's put on a lot of weight in the last few years this is always bad for circulation so it looks like it might be time to stop the cigs and start doing some cardio workouts.
He may need to be on blood thinners etc. But this is all stuff he could probably get under control if he works at it with diet and excercise.
Easier said than done I know. but with such a young family I hope he takes this seriously and does all he can to be around for them .
blood clots are very painfull and potentially very serious
most of the time they are also very treatable dependingh on where thye are
Like another poster my wife has had them in her lung, leg and arm. she now takes blood thinner and is riding a stationary bike for 7 miles a day, she also quit smoking and has to have blood drawn regularly to see what dose of blood thinners she needs to take.
yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby CourtoftheCrimsonKeith » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:51 pm

So we know that Rick and Jon can't do any sort of big tour because of their health Now that it looks like Chris might be in trouble, what is going to happen? They going to find some Squire sound-alike to fill on on the rest of the tour?
Hopefully its not too serious. But if it is this could either be the end of Yes or a new beginning. I'm thinking that if Jon, Rick, and Chris can't handle big tours anymore they're going to have to come to their senses and move at a slower pace togeather.
CourtoftheCrimsonKeith

Postby coalescestudionyc » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:37 pm

tardistraveler wrote:Goodness!

I hope YOU are feeling better, and continue healing . . . :)

Yes I am, thank you. Unlike what may have happened to Chris, I had no numbness in my leg, just a lot of swelling that I initially thought was bursitis. It ought to be a six-month recovery process, and I'm OK with that--no point panicking or over-reacting to every little thing, just do what the doctor says and do the best you can.

You know, I hope this blood clot is the only thing that Chris and I have in common. I hate to think that Chris is trying to emulate me, because then that would mean that he wouldn't be able to sing, play bass or write lyrics and only be able to make paintings that no one wants to buy...

Growing old ain't for sissies.

Michael
coalescestudionyc

Veteran Member

Postby tardistraveler » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:59 pm

Just wanted to update you a little bit here . . . word through the "grapevine" is that Chris is still in the hospital, but is doing "OK", and I'm hearing that it's NOT a blood clot.
tardistraveler

Postby Gary M. Thomas » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:20 am

Hey ya'll....

Does anybody know when we're gonna get an update on Chris ????? :confused:

I'm still sending out prayers and positive energy each day.....

(for both Chris and Jon) :)
[font=Garamond][color=paleturquoise]"Oh closely guided plan, awaken in our hearts" [/color][/font]
Gary M. Thomas

Veteran Member

Return to YEStalk