To be over

Moderator: N2yes

To be over

Postby NumberNine » Sat May 30, 2009 11:57 am

Listening to the new IQ-Record "Frequency" i was thinking, that i would be that glad if yes would have made an album like that within the past 15 years but they do not get the point. There where nice albums like "magnification" or albums with nice songs on it like open your eyes but they did not get the big point with some great progressive music.

Now, when the "voice of yes" seems to be gone i think the chance for the great last progressive yes album we are all waiting for is gone.

am i that wrong?
NumberNine

Re: To be over

Postby happytheman » Sat May 30, 2009 9:36 pm

NumberNine wrote:
Now, when the "voice of yes" seems to be gone i think the chance for the great last progressive yes album we are all waiting for is gone.

am i that wrong?

Never say never
happytheman

Charter Member

Postby thehallway » Sun May 31, 2009 9:24 pm

Well they are getting old. I don't want to be pessimistic but we shouldn't get our hopes up too much.
[8]
thehallway

Charter Member

Postby Chris2210 » Sun May 31, 2009 11:22 pm

Didn't know the new IQ album was out, so thanks for that - the special edition should be on its way. I'll put my money where my mouth is - there's no hesitation when this outfit has new material out.

Having said all that I'd trade their entire back catalogue for another disc as good as Magnification.

You talk about progressive - as good as I think they are and not having previewed any of the material from it, I'm not expecting much in the way of surprises from this new IQ collection. If you can predict what a new Yes album would sound like you're more prescient than I am...
I used to be agnostic. These days I'm not so sure.
Chris2210

Postby N2yes » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:39 am

You certainly have every reason to be doubtful. That being said, still, we don't really know with these guys. This being my favorite YES number of all time, I won't be able to get Jon's voice out of my head for the next week! ( been listening to DRAMA alot of late )
"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"
N2yes

Starship Trooper

Postby the greenman » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:25 pm

Just getting into IQ, via Frost*, as they share(d) the same bass player. Very good - obvious Genesis influence without being too derivative.

'frequency' is a great track - must hear more! Only heard 'em for the first time yesterday!! Where have I been?!
the greenman

Veteran Member

Return to YEStalk