Wow where'd everybody go?

Moderator: N2yes

Re: Wow where'd everybody go?

Postby happytheman » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:31 pm

Greenglade's Frog wrote:I haven't listened to Yes in like 2 years, except for occasional watchings of the Keys and Steve Howe classic artists dvds.

Wow, I just listened to a boot from the NH show from this most recent tour. Yes just has a way of getting played frequently. And not just one period of their history, one day it's the "classic" stuff CTTE, Fragile, Relayer the next it's TYA or Drama. With all of the boots I've acquired since having access to high speed internet I'm a kid in a candy shop when it comes to exploring a whole other level of Yes. Listening to various shows from the same tour seeing the subtle changes of Steve from one night to the next etc.
Yes is in my blood and always will be. If there "is" another album great, if not, no big deal.
But like a lot of long time fans, this "touring" needs to produce something sooner rather than later (translation new material) they have to "deliver the goods".
happytheman

Charter Member

Postby N2yes » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:30 am

Life kinda takes unexpected twists and turns and sweeps one away....at times. But somehow, most of us find our way back home. 30? C'mon, Eric! Wait till you hit 53. You won't feel much different.
"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"
N2yes

Starship Trooper

Postby Coffee_&_Cigarettes » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:06 pm

What´s Up Yespeople?
Its been a while since...God how I missed this place.
I went through some dramatic changes in my life, no, i didn´t stop the coffee+Cigarettes routine...maybe someday. I have a band now, been workin with graphic design and as a translator/interpreter, freelance work really. What changed was my perception of life, my taste in music and my work, went from burocratic workaholic to being my own boss and sticking it to the man. Last year was a "back to the roots" year, I didn´t grow up listening to prog (only Yes), I was raised on Alternative rock, Stoner/Doom, grunge and Industrial. So I decided to revisit my teenage years and give heavy/alternative/sludgy/experimental music a second chance, and I fell in love with those bands again. Been listening to Sunn O))), OM, Deftones, Kyuss, Cathedral, Nine Inch Nails, A Perfect Circle, Earth, Type O Negative, Electric Wizard, Carcass, Pelican and some other stuff. Stoner/Doom is what I really like and its the music I play with my band, well, actualy a duo, just Bass & Drums. Madness! Yeah its a challenge, its sounds like Om meets Electric Wizard meets Pelican. If you´re not familiar with those, check out the videos on my post.

OM - "At Giza" (Early Pink FLoyd-era fanatics should love this track, this is just bass and drums, but its sounds like a 4 piece band)

[video=youtube;NqTPJzTOYpE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqTPJzTOYpE[/video]

Electric Wizard - "Mountains of Mars"
[video=youtube;pjLKjVNPn5E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjLKjVNPn5E[/video]

Pelican - "Bliss In Concrete"
[video=youtube;YHazTKpvpZQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHazTKpvpZQ[/video]

Earth - "The Bees Made Honey In the LIon´s Skull"

[video=youtube;xYcQT8F58OU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYcQT8F58OU[/video]

Besides that, my Yes flame is again buring bright, don´t care if 90´s material is weaker than 70´s, I´m not worried about new material, if they decide to release all good, if not, its all good as well. YES is YES, with new material or not. And we don´t need new material or solo projects to discuss Yes music, Yestalk needs more love and more action!
Coffee_&_Cigarettes

Veteran Member

Postby tardistraveler » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:44 pm

Hi, C&C - good to see ya! Hope you come back soon!

You should start some threads over in Alternate Tunes about the bands you enjoy - perhaps you'll pique some more interest there! Can't speak for everyone, but I'm always up for new bands . . . keeps music fresh for me, and exciting!

I'll watch your links when I'm able - at work now and it's difficult . . . :)
tardistraveler

Postby thehallway » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:37 pm

That first vid was very enjoyable! and very phsycedelic! The singer sounds a little like Rick Wright.

Could easily have been on Saucerful of Secrets!
[8]
thehallway

Charter Member

Postby tardistraveler » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:51 pm

I love psychedelic!

Of course, I AM a child of the 60's . . . ;)
tardistraveler

Postby yesman90125 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:58 pm

EricBliss12345 wrote:I think those make for funny stories later when they happen in your 20's. If they're still happening in your thirties I think that's when people say "Um , who the fuck are you keeping company with?' :-P

No no more of that!

"It might not even be any good! "

Well Magnification was pretty bad, and that was 9 years ago. I don't know if the passage of time will help songwriting or not. I'm really starting to think The Ladder was their gasp, and if it is what can we expect? They've done some classic albums and already had at least 2 comebacks. If they do get a new cd done and it sucks really bad it's no skin off my back. There's always Close To The Edge or Going For The One to fall back on.

I don't know how to break it to you , Eric. but when I was in my 30's and you were telling those stories in your 20's I was already thinking that, but I was rolling on the floor and waiting for the next installment regarless.
I am pleased to hear you doing well, and ...well relieved your still safe and sound.
yeah... Yes that sure used to be a great band- but they had a good run.
Sorry this response is so delayed I'm not familiar here anymore either. but pleased to hear from you , Eric and also glad to see the rest of you floating around.

*Waves to Chris2210 and Dean**
Latre'
yesman90125

Starship Trooper

Postby PhilistineTheArtLover » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:42 am

The ship sails
On dry land
My eyes
Filled with dust
Allah so absolute
Has punished me
And you
No room for humanity
No room for God
Himself
Dark angels abound
Laughing
Living
In their own hell
While we all
Retreat
To our own heaven
And under the universe
We swim away
Never to be seen
Again, and again.

Johnny S.
PhilistineTheArtLover

Postby thehallway » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:18 am

deep.... ...man :icon_smok
[8]
thehallway

Charter Member

Postby PhilistineTheArtLover » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:00 pm

I can't believe I wrote a poem without being high. I hope this means I'm doing some growing up!
PhilistineTheArtLover

Postby thehallway » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:13 pm

Keep 'em coming! You seem like a great poet.

You should do one on the current Yes situation... or something
[8]
thehallway

Charter Member

Postby tardistraveler » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:49 pm

Feel free to start a thread for poetry in Other Skylines . . . :)
tardistraveler

Postby PhilistineTheArtLover » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:38 am

thehallway wrote:Keep 'em coming! You seem like a great poet.

You should do one on the current Yes situation... or something

LOL! Well, actually, that's exactly what that poem is about. Read it again with that in mind. The last line is in reference to an Anderson/Vangelis song.
PhilistineTheArtLover

Postby PhilistineTheArtLover » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:43 am

tardistraveler wrote:Feel free to start a thread for poetry in Other Skylines . . . :)

Great idea. I know I'm going to procrastinate on it but I'll get around to it. Thanks for the opportunity.
PhilistineTheArtLover

Postby tardistraveler » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:56 pm

Just saw your thread - thanks for starting it up!

And back to the original premise of THIS thread - where IS everyone?????
tardistraveler

Postby thehallway » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:56 am

Yeah, it's getting boring 'round here.

Hopefully there'll be more action when the new Yes album is released-

......or will everyone have moved to Yesfans by that point?
[8]
thehallway

Charter Member

Postby tardistraveler » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:54 pm

Style0 and Tatermouse stopped by in the last couple of days. Good to see them here!

This has always been a smaller site than Yesfans, but I've always enjoyed the relaxed nature of things here. I hope some of our regulars make it back here . . .
tardistraveler

Postby OB1kenOB » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:01 am

Hello Yesfriends. The "remember me" option doesn't work for me for some reason, and the "log into" link gives me an error message as if the site doesn't exist. I discovered that I can get to the site with the "check out Yestalk" link. Overcoming that I saw less and less being said, so I said less and less. Any way I am here tonight to say hello again. I built a 5 day road trip around the 4th of July weekend and saw my favorite band twice. In Merrillville Indiana I crossed paths with the band at check in in the hotel and it was great to say hello to them. I almost walked right past Chris with his little daughter in his arms. So glad I did a double take and took a brief time out from my urgent "thought I lost my camera" mission to the car. The Lobby at Star Plaza looks like a Roger Dean work. I had a blast with several other fans. Red White and Blue Ash was really great, but we were all in survival mode from the heat. Seeing the band from 2nd row on Saturday it was obvious how into the show they where, with lots of stretching and Howe at the best I have ever seen him. Hearing them from another point on Sunday where the view was more obstructed it is easy to imagine how some might interperit it as "off" somehow (not exactly like the studio recording).
Some photos from Merrillville are here as well as some wacky shots from the rest of the trip:

http://members.cox.net/kendrobertson/

"That which you are seeking is causing you to seek!"
OB1kenOB

Charter Member

Postby thehallway » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:19 pm

OB1kenOB wrote:Hello Yesfriends. The "remember me" option doesn't work for me for some reason, and the "log into" link gives me an error message as if the site doesn't exist. I discovered that I can get to the site with the "check out Yestalk" link. Overcoming that I saw less and less being said, so I said less and less. Any way I am here tonight to say hello again. I built a 5 day road trip around the 4th of July weekend and saw my favorite band twice. In Merrillville Indiana I crossed paths with the band at check in in the hotel and it was great to say hello to them. I almost walked right past Chris with his little daughter in his arms. So glad I did a double take and took a brief time out from my urgent "thought I lost my camera" mission to the car. The Lobby at Star Plaza looks like a Roger Dean work. I had a blast with several other fans. Red White and Blue Ash was really great, but we were all in survival mode from the heat. Seeing the band from 2nd row on Saturday it was obvious how into the show they where, with lots of stretching and Howe at the best I have ever seen him. Hearing them from another point on Sunday where the view was more obstructed it is easy to imagine how some might interperit it as "off" somehow (not exactly like the studio recording).
Some photos from Merrillville are here as well as some wacky shots from the rest of the trip:

Really cool photos there. Alan White is getting shorter and shorter :eek: no one will be able to see him behind those drums soon...

And, yet more evidence of Howe's current career peak. I'm thinking he's reached enlightenment or something, after all those years meditating. He'll probably live eternally now :o
[8]
thehallway

Charter Member

Postby tardistraveler » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:43 pm

Hi, Ken! Glad to see you out here!

Cool that you got to meet the band!

These outdoor concerts are a bit intense during the summer heat - Merrillville was indoors, correct, at the Star Plaza? Much nicer venue - I saw them there back in 2004 . . . :D
tardistraveler

Postby N2yes » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:56 am

Well, for what it's worth, my job has taken so much of my time, I hardly get to go home anymore. In Ohio now trying to expand the reach of this firm I'm currently employed by. I have missed YEStalk greatly and unlike times in the past where I found myself dealing with what seemed to be an endless stream of obstacles, this time is different. It's a good thing, but is definitely taking too much of my time. I had hoped my last return would be an uninterrupted one, but alas, I was wrong. This time, hopefully things will be different. Kudos to all who have kept things running in my absence. I cannot thank you enough!
Hope all are well! Grand to see everyone again!
"Master of images-Songs cast a light on you"
N2yes

Starship Trooper

Postby happytheman » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:00 pm

N2yes wrote:Well, for what it's worth, my job has taken so much of my time, I hardly get to go home anymore. In Ohio now trying to expand the reach of this firm I'm currently employed by. I have missed YEStalk greatly and unlike times in the past where I found myself dealing with what seemed to be an endless stream of obstacles, this time is different. It's a good thing, but is definitely taking too much of my time. I had hoped my last return would be an uninterrupted one, but alas, I was wrong. This time, hopefully things will be different. Kudos to all who have kept things running in my absence. I cannot thank you enough!
Hope all are well! Grand to see everyone again!

N2, I threw a "bone" your direction recently regarding Wishbone Ash touring again. But from the sounds of it you wouldn't be able to find time for an evening out. I hope things find a "balance" soon regarding your work / personal life.
As for me, my wife and I just got back from our first vacation together in 10 years (much too long I know). Finding time when the two of us can take off at the same time, plus the $'s factor... sometimes .... anyway I'm refreshed.
Add to that the day before our vacation started our daughter got married........so there have been a "few" changes in our lives recently.
Hope everyone out there in Yestalk land is doing well this summer. Let's hope the "rumors" of a new Yes release is accurate. I for one am looking forward to hearing what the guys can pull together.
happytheman

Charter Member

Postby tardistraveler » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:46 pm

N2 - great to see you! I hope your job eases up a bit soon and you're able to commune with us out here more . . . :)

And always good to see happytheman as well! Don't be a stranger . . . ;)

Life has been hectic for me too lately . . . I've done 2 road trips in the last 3 weeks to see concerts - Hackett/Renaissance in Milwaukee, and just this last weekend was Dream Theater/Iron Maiden in Detroit - I've racked up quite a few driving miles lately!
tardistraveler

Postby Yesquire » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:53 pm

I can't speak for anybody else, but I get a series of coding errors when I try to log in. I've tried accessing the site in "compatability mode", and that doesn't help. I finally figured out I could go to the registration page and use the log in at the top, but just that little extra aggravation is enough to keep me away. It appears that Ed is no longer monitoring the site.
Yesquire

Veteran Member

Postby tardistraveler » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:53 pm

Hey, thanks for posting that - I'll e-mail Ed with your post, and see if there's anything he can do.

Hope it works out and you come around again soon! :)
tardistraveler

Postby Ed Schaum » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:25 pm

I had no trouble logging in and posting. Make sure you're not trying to load an old template along with the page. Yestalk4 is the default theme now.

Ed
Ed Schaum

Postby Tomfoolery » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:04 am

Well, hello there, everyone - First time I've logged in in many weeks. Got laid off back in the beginning of May and have been surviving on unemployment ever since - not many interviews, either. However, I'm currently awaiting word from the hiring / project manager with Lockheed Martin for a system administrator position with them. Things are sounding positive with it ........

Relationship is going well... actually at my girlfriend's house this weekend and will get to spend most of the coming week with her - her kids are with their father on vacation this coming week, so we're both free to shift back and forth between my place and hers and we're gonna "play house" for a week. YES.... I'm excited about it. Looks like this relationship is going to go on for a LONG time. The more time I spend with her and the more I get to know her, the more time I WANT to spend with her. Apparently the feeling is mutual, as well. We've discussed making it a permanent thing in the future "when the time is right", and we're working towards that now. Slowly, steadily, not rushing anything - we'll BOTH know when the time is right for that step.

Well, time to log out. Have a good day, everyone!
Tomfoolery

Postby thehallway » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:47 pm

The question in the title of this thread has been answered by all the peeps stopping by!

It's nice to hear all the life developments.
[8]
thehallway

Charter Member

Postby Yesquire » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:18 pm

Here's what I get instead of the normal log in:

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: signin in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3932

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: GENERIC_SHELL in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3932

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/.hadrondryer/afterhrs/forum.yestalk.org/signin.php(17) : eval()'d code on line 1

That looks like what you tried to tell me regarding an "old template". How do I fix this?
Yesquire

Veteran Member

Postby tardistraveler » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:58 pm

You can set the default format at the bottom of this thread. There's a drop-down menu at the bottom left that lets you choose a style for viewing. If you'll choose Yestalk 4, it should view OK. Some of the other styles may not work properly. Don't know which one you're trying to use, but change it to Yestalk 4 and see if that works OK for you. That's the one I use, and I have no problem signing in.

If you're already set to Yestalk 4, please post and let us know, so we can look into things further.
tardistraveler

PreviousNext

Return to YEStalk