[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
YEStalk Discussion Forums • View topic - Some Yes what-ifs

Some Yes what-ifs

Moderator: N2yes

Some Yes what-ifs

Postby topographic_drama1980 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:59 am

topographic_drama1980

Starship Trooper

Re: Some Yes what-ifs

Postby thehallway » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:48 pm

thehallway

Charter Member

Postby tardistraveler » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:27 pm

tardistraveler

Postby thehallway » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:16 pm

thehallway

Charter Member

Postby tardistraveler » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:44 pm

tardistraveler

Postby topographic_drama1980 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:07 pm

topographic_drama1980

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:55 pm

tardistraveler

Postby topographic_drama1980 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:13 pm

topographic_drama1980

Starship Trooper

Postby happytheman » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:53 am

happytheman

Charter Member

Postby thehallway » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:39 pm

thehallway

Charter Member

Postby coalescestudionyc » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:19 pm

coalescestudionyc

Veteran Member

Postby guilddigger » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:11 am

"heaven is all around translated to sound" - michael hedges
guilddigger

Starship Trooper

Postby thehallway » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:59 pm

thehallway

Charter Member

Postby EricBliss12345 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:25 pm

EricBliss12345

Starship Trooper

Postby Jedi Catt » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:20 pm

These are very good what-ifs! The one that I've always wondered about is Pat Moraz playing on GFTO. I would loved to have heard that! I think of maybe 2 outcomes for this: The album may have sounded more jazzy and I'm sure a Rhodes piano would've been in there somewhere. Would there have been the church organ in Awaken? For that track alone I'm glad Rick was there, but after hearing Pat's work with the Moody Blues that he did after Yes (check out Long Distance Voyager) it might have made Tormato more interesting!

Then there's the 8-man line-up. I saw them at Wembley and they were fantastic! But a longer spell I have that saying in mind "too many cooks spoil the broth" so I personally don't think that 2 drummers and keyboardists were necessary long term. But as I love guitar music I would love to hear Howe & Rabin working together on at least 1 album. I wonder how Talk would've turned out, with Steve's contributions and Rick on keys?

I can think of 2 other what-ifs? 1. Billy Sherwood played on Talk tour along with Trevor Rabin, so what if that line-up stayed together but Tony still left and Rick rejoined? 2. In 1982 Jon Anderson made a single with Mike Oldfield called Shine. Apparently they didn't get on too well (according to an interview with Mike) but what if they had got on better and recorded a whole album together?

In reality, I'm just glad that Yes are still going and look forward to their next album. And I admire Jon Davison for having the guts to sing Awaken and do such a good job at it!
Jedi Catt

Postby tardistraveler » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:44 am

Welcome Jedi Catt to Yestalk! And thanks for resurrecting some of these old threads - perhaps others will get the e-mail notifications and come around.
tardistraveler

Postby Jedi Catt » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:46 pm

Thanks Tardis Traveller, came on here for the first time yesterday. I've always been fascinated by all the alternative realities that could have happened.
Jedi Catt

Postby tardistraveler » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:37 pm

Yes, I've always wondered myself what would have happened if Pat had stayed around longer. I saw him with Yes 9 times and really liked him with the band, so I was looking forward to their next effort only to find that he was gone and Rick had rejoined. Also saw him solo back in the 90's and it was an amazing show - he just threw his whole body into the piano. It was a small group so we all got to talk with him - a very nice and gracious man.
tardistraveler

Postby guilddigger » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:05 am

Welcome to Yestalk Jedi Catt!
This used to be the coolest place for yesfans. At the time it's fairly slow, since the board has been down for some years and just reopened.

Good to see you surface again as well DianeI

What if we could get this place back to the heights of its glory days.
guilddigger

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:34 am

That would be fantastic! I really miss all my Yesfriends. So many have abandoned the forums for Facebook :p

Sorry, but Facebook just doesn't lend itself well to good conversations, or meeting new people.
tardistraveler

Postby Jedi Catt » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:25 pm

Hi guys/ladies,

Just thought of a new "what if". With all the various side projects that have happened with Yes, and the projects now, I was wondering: What if GTR reformed but with Benoit David on vocals instead of Max Bacon? What other side projects would you like to see revised or future ones? Like Inventioning, Anderson Ponty Band, or Anderson Wakeman Rabin?
Jedi Catt

Return to YEStalk