Please, N2yes, All Yes Guitarists!

Moderator: N2yes

Please, N2yes, All Yes Guitarists!

Postby mikk » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:10 pm

Someone here told me that N2yes gave me a better link for accurate Yes guitar tab, or other guitarists, but I couldn't find it.
I had previously asked, if ANYONE could PLEASE tell me where to find ACCURATE TAB OR SHEET MUSIC, for the Complete "And You and I", and "Starship Trooper".

This is very important to me. I have been playing guitar on and off for 30 years, but lately, very much, into Yes, and the great Steve Howe. I have learned "Roundabout", over 20 years ago, figured it out myself, and I know "I've Seen all Good People", can sing and play them and I know PARTS OF "And You and I", and "Starship Trooper". But, as you guitarists know, NOTHING is more frustrating than knowing PART of a song, and not being able to COMPLETE it.

The typical "ultimate-guitar" and "911" tab sites are an EMBARRASSMENT, to Yes, and other groups. Some of the tabs seem as if they were written by young children, who just picked up a guitar yesterday!

As I said in a previous post, I have the tab book, "Yes Guitar Anthology", and an online book called Yes Ultimate Collection", which have almost ALL of Yes' best songs (except those 2 I really want, "And You and I", and "Starship Trooper") I WILL TRADE OR BUY THE SHEET MUSIC OR TAB FOR THESE 2 SONGS.
Please, if you can help, I would be greatly indebted, I will send you my entire COLLECTION, for accurate tab or sheet music for these 2 songs! Thank You Very Much, Mikk--
mikk

Re: Please, N2yes, All Yes Guitarists!

Postby Tomfoolery » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:51 pm

Mikk -

I'm sorry - I wish I could help you, but I have no tabs nor do I know where to get them. However, you may want to check out the sub-forum "We Love When We Play" (main forum page, about halfway down). That sub forum is for all of our Yestalk musicians to discuss tabulature, tips, equipment, etc etc.... you may get some more assistance there from our members that do or have done what you're attempting. That's where N2Yes put your original request for tabs, and that's where you'll probably get more results from our members.

That being said, good luck, Mikk, and welcome to YesTalk!!! I do hope you can locate the tabs you want!

Dean (Tomfoolery)
"The word is love and the time is now, and it's right for me"
Tomfoolery

Postby style0 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:12 pm

I've recently switched to a Mac and GarageBand's loop feature is essential for learning Steve's parts. Makes my life much easier. Now if I could just remember what I've figured out;~)
Ben Franklin discovered it, but it took Bob Moog to find it's proper use.
style0

Postby thehallway » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:50 pm

style0 wrote:I've recently switched to a Mac and GarageBand's loop feature is essential for learning Steve's parts. Makes my life much easier. Now if I could just remember what I've figured out;~)

What does the feature do? Loop a few seconds of music so u can repeat it and analyse? That's a great method, but personally, when I attempt to learn something speedy like a keyboard solo, I slow down the music without changing the pitch (easily achievable on something free like Audacity) and then listen to it that way. Trouble is, all these things take time and would be instantly solved with the existance of more sheet music/tabs.

The publisher Alfred did a note-for-note Fragile book as part of their classic albums series, and MANY MANY people have begged them to do CTTE and further albums. They havn't seemed to yet. Unfortunately I don't think the market is big enough anymore...
[8]
thehallway

Charter Member

Postby style0 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:18 am

Yea, you import a song from your iTunes into Garage Band and you can set the length of the loop you want. There is no speed control that I can figure out yet. That would be a great feature. I agree there should be a lot more tab for Steve's stuff. One day maybe.
Ben Franklin discovered it, but it took Bob Moog to find it's proper use.
style0

Return to YEStalk