My book 'Yes in Australia' now available.

Moderator: N2yes

My book 'Yes in Australia' now available.

Postby BrianD » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:43 am

It has been quite a few years since I last visited Yestalk - but the recent release of my new book 'Yes in Australia' gives me an opportunity to return.

Yes in Australia is the definitive description of the two Yes tours to Australia in 1973 (CTTE tour) and 2003 (Full Circle Tour). Told from the fans perspective and providing possibly the most detailed published descriptions of the concerts on those tours, the book is intended as a celebration of Yes music.

It is packed with 32 pages of mainly previously unpublished photos and graphics including concert shots from 1973 by Philip Morris and 2003 by Ron Huban and Robert Forbes and with Roger Dean's 'Pathways' on the cover.

You can get more information from my blog

http://yesinaustralia.bigblog.com.au/index.do

It can be purchased through my publisher's website

http://longuevill.cart.net.au/details/2804400.html
BrianD

Re: My book 'Yes in Australia' now available.

Postby tardistraveler » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:46 pm

Hi, Brian!

Very good to see you over in this part of the Yesiverse . . . ;)

Just ordered my copy - first time I've been sure the funds were there, and I'm looking forward to reading it!

Hopefully we'll meet in the "real" world someday and I can get you to autograph it! :)
tardistraveler

Postby topographic_drama1980 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:22 am

Are you planning on making it available on amazon.com, Brian?
Ascend and Create!
topographic_drama1980

Starship Trooper

Postby BrianD » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:40 pm

topographic_drama1980 wrote:Are you planning on making it available on amazon.com, Brian?

I'll be exploring the option but the barrier is that the book is located in Sydney which makes it not very financially viable through Amazon
BrianD

Postby tardistraveler » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:54 pm

It was very easy to order through the website - they accept Paypal, which was nice - as easy to order as through Amazon, although there was no "Free Super Saver Shipping"! lol
tardistraveler

Postby BrianD » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:00 am

tardistraveler wrote:It was very easy to order through the website - they accept Paypal, which was nice - as easy to order as through Amazon, although there was no "Free Super Saver Shipping"! lol

Sorry about that!

Regarding nAmazon - you need a US bank account to operate through Amazon as a small trader - not an option from Australia
BrianD

Postby tardistraveler » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:04 pm

BrianD wrote:Sorry about that!

Regarding nAmazon - you need a US bank account to operate through Amazon as a small trader - not an option from Australia

LOL - that's OK . . . I'm just glad to get a copy of this! I know you worked very hard on it, and it's special not only because of the subject matter, but also because it was written by a friend . . . :D

Looking forward to getting my copy. And seriously, if anyone else is thinking of buying this, and you have a Paypal account, it's a piece of cake to order . . . ;)
tardistraveler

Return to YEStalk