spring cleaning

Moderator: N2yes

Re: spring cleaning

Postby slinkeey » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:33 pm

It is great to to have this site back online.

For some reason the folks over here have always been more tolerant of my behaviour. May I am just a better fit over here.
slinkeey

Glad to see Yestalk back and new projects to discuss

Postby Yessong » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:01 pm

Yup - I, too, am thrilled to see Yestalk back on line. With the new LP on the way plus new projects by Jon A there is much to discuss. I heard the complete track of believe before it was pulled from Sound cloud - my opinion....at first I was totally disappointed...then I remembered that most Yes tunes I have loved through the years did not take till the third run through...and Yes...after 3 listens it started to take...it's not And You And I but it does have interesting passages and a bit of meat to explore (Sound-wise).

What I am really Jazzed about are the 2 projects that Jon Anderson has spoken about:

A. Recording project with Trevor Rabin and Rick Wakeman apparently stalled right now
B. New band with Jean Luc Ponty that is recording now with an LP on the way at some point
Yessong

Charter Member

Postby Kalingzeye » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:59 pm

HEY KIDDOS!!! This is pretty wild!!!!!!!!

Geez last time I posted was 5 years ago. 'Saw the board was suddenly up-n-running again, so thought I'd drop a line! I have such fond memories of this place and its people. :)

Go figure after all this time, I'm still FB friends with Chris Younger and Pat Landon! Anybody else from here, feel free to add me. You won't find too many Kotas on there, haha...

I'm way short on time these days, but I love you guys~~ Spent the past five years graduating college, getting a job in SF, liberating myself from a long and poisonous relationship, and am now working full time while making an animated music video in my OFF time! Just like I always wanted. :) I'm nearly done with it too!

I thought Fly From Here was a ..... [[[expletive deleted]]]. From the clips of the new stuff, so far it seems at least a bit better. But I'm personally more excited about the stuff Jon's been murmuring about, IF we ever get to see / hear it. Particularly the Jean-Luc Ponty band and Olias sequel. Saw Yes live with Benoit a few years ago against my better judgement, and really regretted it... d'oh.

Haven't listened to much Yes at all these past years, tho I had an interesting reunion with the stuff a month or so ago. Still love it, but appreciate it a bit differently than I used to. Ma bestie (with whom I'm making said music video) is a genius composer and music buff, so I've spent the last three years listening to as much new music as I can possibly consume. So much JAZZ, baroque, swing, gypsy jazz, big band, exotica, new wave, no-wave, minimalism, Britpop, funk, motown, doo-wop, ragtime, psych, etc etc etc etc, and seeing tonsa concerts...... haha........ Scott Walker is my favorite thing of all time ever. (His new stuff.) And early Split Enz. And XTC. Wow, are those some SONGS..

HELLO AGAIN TO EVERYONE and I hope more people stop by to catch up!!!!! :icon_sbig
So good to see some familiar faces n handles!
Kalingzeye

Postby tardistraveler » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:27 pm

Good to see you here Kota, even though it's been a few months now.

I really hate FB - it's not terrible for keeping up with people you already know, but really difficult to sustain a conversation about a topic among multiple people.

Hopefully others will come around . . . :)
tardistraveler

Postby Tomfoolery » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:02 pm

Well, hello, all! Found out today that YT was back, Emailed Admin@yestalk.org and Ed responded immediately ... he associated my account with my new Email address and gave me a new password, so here I am! Yahoo!!! Glad to see the site back.... :D Never did enjoy any of the other Yes forums, but this one was always wonderful and hopefully it will be again........... [|)] :icon_cool [:yes] :cool:
Tomfoolery

Postby Chris Younger » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:20 pm

Tomfoolery wrote:Well, hello, all! Found out today that YT was back, Emailed Admin@yestalk.org and Ed responded immediately ... he associated my account with my new Email address and gave me a new password, so here I am! Yahoo!!! Glad to see the site back.... :D Never did enjoy any of the other Yes forums, but this one was always wonderful and hopefully it will be again........... [|)] :icon_cool [:yes] :cool:

Yay!!!
The member formerly known as "Yesman90125"
Chris Younger

Postby guilddigger » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:12 pm

Tomfoolery wrote:Well, hello, all! Found out today that YT was back, Emailed Admin@yestalk.org and Ed responded immediately ... he associated my account with my new Email address and gave me a new password, so here I am! Yahoo!!! Glad to see the site back.... :D Never did enjoy any of the other Yes forums, but this one was always wonderful and hopefully it will be again........... [|)] :icon_cool [:yes] :cool:

Ahoy there mate!
Good to see you back onboard.
Slowly (but surely, we hope) the old crew returns to the dreadnought of yessites that Yestalk really always was!
guilddigger

Starship Trooper

Postby tardistraveler » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:42 am

Good to see you, Tom!

I got several e-mails today that folks were posting, so I came to check it out. I'll try to stop by more frequently . . . :)

I was reading some old e-mail today from folks I've met through the Yes forums - I really miss all those people who have wandered away, and wish they would come back! The forums are much more conducive to having "real" conversations than the FB "look at what I ate for lunch" kind of thing - lol!
tardistraveler

Previous

Return to YEStalk